Forbidden

Walk Next To Me

 

Love is ……………………………………. my unexplainable emotion for you.

 

“What?!” Donghae exclaimed. Everything was happening too fast and he was not sure what he was supposed to think. Sitting in front of him was Hyukjae, looking calm and curious, waiting for Donghae’s answer. He looked so handsome, Donghae found himself unable to take his eyes of him.

“You heard me.”

Donghae paused. What was he supposed to answer? He had not thought about this thoroughly.

“I don’t know.” He muttered while looking down. “I just feel this way…..”. He could feel Hyukjae was still staring at him.

“I did not know you were gay.”

“Me too……I mean this is the first time I felt this way.”

“Just for me? Wow. I am honoured.” Hyukjae replied. “So what do you want me to say?”

“I am sorry, I do not expect anything from you, really. Its just my nature to speak my mind. You do not have to do anything.” Donghae answered.

Hyukjae sighed, “You know, for teachers, its forbidden to be involved in any kind of homouality relationship. We will be fired immediately if the management finds out about this.”

“I know………..Wait. What do you mean ………we?

Ring ring. Donghae’s mobile phone rang.

‘This stupid phone just got to ring at the wrong time!’ he cursed in his heart.

“Hello? Yes, I am Mr Lee……….what? Oh my God. Is he ok? ………Ok…….sure…..I will be right there.”

Hyukjae looked at Donghae questionably, “Is everything ok?

“No, its Tao. He is at the police station. I need to go now.” Donghae answered. He was upset the phone call interrupted his conversation but now he was worried about his student.

“What? I will go with you.” Hyukjae answered in a jiffy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I am Mr Lee, Tao’s teacher. Where is he?” Donghae asked the counter as he barged into the police station.

“Please take a seat, I will let the officer in charge know.” answered the lady at the counter.

Donghae reluctantly walked to a seat. He was worried sick, he had never been in this kind of situation before and he could not help but feel responsible for this incident.

“Calm down, I am sure we can work things out.” Hyukjae assured. He was sitting next to Donghae. He was also feeling worried but he was able to hide his feelings better.

“Mr Lee?” A tall and muscular guy appeared.

“Yes!” Both Donghae and Hyukjae stood up and answered at the same time. That was when they realized that both their surnames were the same. Donghae wondered why he did not realize this before.

“Which one is Mr Lee?” he asked again.

“We both are, but they called me. I am Mr Lee Donghae, Tao’s teacher.” Donghae bowed and introduced himself.

“I am Kangin, Tao’s probation officer. I was supposed to visit you in school today but he got into trouble earlier than expected so…..”

The probation officer was really good looking. He looks muscular and fit, like someone who works out on a regular basis.

“What do we do now?” Hyukjae asked.

“I am sorry for calling you but we were unable to contact his only family member.” Kangin apologized. “We have to monitor him closely; he is only allowed to go to school. I would need your help with that.”

“What did he do this time?’ Hyukjae asked again.

“Gang fight, along with a few other boys, but I think he is the only one from your school.”

Donghae nodded. His poor student must have been through a lot. He did grow up in a single parent environment; he was obviously a confused teenager.

“Sure. Can he go home now?” Donghae appealed.

“Yes, but I am not really in favour of him going home since his dad is not around, it will be hard to monitor him. Do you have any ideas if he has any other relatives here in Seoul? Kangin asked the two Lees.

“No…he has no one. That I know of.” Hyukjae replied.

“He can stay with me. I live near the school.” Donghae suggested. Upon hearing that, Hyukjae nudged Donghae and pulled him slightly further from Kangin.

“Excuse us….” Hyukjae said apologetically to Kangin.

As soon as they were at least two arms lengths away from Kangin, Hyukjae smacked the back of Donghae’s head. “Are you crazy Fish? You are new to the school and you have no idea what this boy is capable of doing. You really want him in your house?!”

“Ouch! Stop smacking my head! This is the perfect solution. I am living alone anyway and I live near the school. I will be able to monitor him daily.” He replied calmly.

“Oh my God, you are crazy! It will be like babysitting a teenager……. the WHOLE time! You sure this is what you want Fish? Hyukjae seemed flustered. Donghae did not understand why Huykjae was so upset with his suggestion.

“Yes, don’t worry. I can take care of myself.” Donghae answered and walked over to Kangin before Hyukjae can say anything.

“He will stay with me for the time being sir.”

Kangin smiled. “You are a really kind teacher.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yah! Put down your things here on the floor!” Hyukjae instructed the irritated Tao. All three of them had just entered Donghae’s apartment.

“Why do I have to be here? I have a home you know!” Tao complained.

“There is no one at home so that’s and we are all worried about you so I suggested this arrangement.” Donghae explained.

“This was your idea??!” Tao asked in disbelief.

“Don’t be rude to him! He is your teacher after all. I have enough of your nonsense. If you don’t change, I have to remove you from the competition next week.”

“What?? ! No!”

“Change for the better or out you go.” Hyukjae warned.

“All right you two. Have you had dinner Tao?” Donghae asked gently.

“Of course not! He was too busy fighting with the rest of the hooligans to be thinking about dinner!” Hyukjae interrupted.

Tao glared at Hyukjae silently.

“Hyukjae! Stop! Why are you here anyway? He is safe now and I think you should go home now.” Donghae nudged Hyukjae.

“I can’t leave you alone with him.”

“Why not?” Donghae questioned him back suspiciously.

“Because…..erm…something may happen and you may need me!”

“We are just going to have dinner and go to bed. Why would I need your help?” Donghae replied. He was wondering why Hyukjae had voluntarily offered to accompany Donghae and Tao home. Now that they are home, Donghae was wondering why he was still hanging around the apartment.

Hyukjae pouted. “Fine. I will go now.” He turned to Tao and warned him, “Remember, no more trouble kiddo.”

Tao rolled his eyes.

Donghae could not help but chuckled. This was the first time seeing Hyukjae nagging away. He did not seem like the type to nag a lot so it was surprising to see him nagging and reprimanding Tao repeatedly. In fact he was nagging at Tao the whole time during their journey home. Donghae suspected the reason behind Hyukjae’s actions were due to the fact that he was concerned about Tao too. He really looked like a nagging old ahjumma (auntie).

Donghae walked Hyukjae to the door to make sure he was leaving. Hyukjae was still pouting away, hoping that Donghae would change his mind and let him stay for the night instead.

“Why are you smiling?” Hyukjae suddenly asked.

“Stop pouting.” Donghae answered.

“Do I look cute to you when I pout?”

“Not as cute as me.”

“Yah! Are you in love with me or in love with yourself?!” Hyukjae barked.

“I am not answering this question. Go home. Heechul hyung is worried about you.” Donghae replied calmly. He was trying not to burst out laughing. Hyukjae was really too adorable.

“Wait, how do you know we live together?”

“I have my ways.” Donghae replied.

“Sneaky Fish. Fine! Call me first thing in case anything goes wrong. Understand?” there Hyukjae goes reminding Donghae for the umpteenth time.

“Yes, Omma.” Donghae laughed.

When Hyukjae finally walked away reluctantly, Donghae shut the door and turned to Tao.

“You must be tired. I will cook you some ramen? Is that ok?”

Tao looked at his teacher, surprised by his polite language and kind gesture. “Aren’t you going to scold me?”

Donghae smiled weakly, “Why should I? I think you were somehow tricked into this fight. I do not believe you have a cruel heart. Plus, I think you have heard enough scolding from the other Mr Lee. Are your ears bleeding yet?”

“You trust me?” Tao questioned his teacher.

“Yes. Come on kiddo, I will show you the bedroom, you can sleep there tonight.”

“Bedroom, where are you going to sleep then?” Tao asked, confused.

“Here.” Donghae walked to the couch and plunged onto it.

“I can’t let you sleep on the couch while I sleep on the bed.” Tao declined.

“Why not? You are my guest, and you should sleep comfortably. You had a rough day today right?”

Tao glanced at his teacher. He had never thought that anyone would be willing to make such a huge sacrifice for him. He was thankful that Mr Lee Donghae did not even reprimand him at all. He was definitely different from other teachers.

Tao smiled. “Thank you, you are really one of a kind.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hola! I was too sleepy typing this, not sure if it makes sense. Talk to me and let me know! Haha. Can you read between the lines and guess what is happening?