Invaded

Walk Next To Me

Love is …………………… you invading my mind, even when I keep telling you to leave it.

 

‘What am I going to do now? Do I wake him up? Well, of course I have to! I would not want him to continue sleeping here till dawn! Furthermore, he has to go to work tomorrow and I cannot let him see me going to work too. Damn it. I wonder if Siwon told him that I have to be on medical leave for the next three days. Argh. Ok, I will wake him up now. Oh wait, what if he gets angry? What if he starts hitting me? He is one strong guy. Aissh…why am I so fickle! I think too much!’

Donghae did not even realize he had been staring at his hand and Hyukjae for the past 5 minutes. He was in shock with what he just did and his mind was racing with all these worries and thoughts that continued to confuse him.

He finally mustered enough courage to shake Hyukjae’s shoulders. “Hyukjae, wake up, here is your drink….”

Hyukjae was sound asleep. He did not even budged and his eyes remained shut.

“Hyukjae! Wake up! This is not your home!” Donghae raised his voice into Hyukjae’s ears and shook Hyukjae but he continued sleeping. He was still soundly asleep. “He sure sleeps like a log.’ Donghae thought.

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae! Wake up you shameless man!” he was now practically yelling into Hyukjae’s ears.

Hyukjae slightly opened his eyes and starred at Donghae. “Go away!” he barked. He shoved Donghae’s arms away, hugged the couch’s cushion tightly and continued to curl himself into a ball that he was previously in.

Donghae was in disbelief. This man, this rude man who came in here without me inviting, is now sleeping in my couch? Did he think that he can sleep here? I barely know him and he is not even a friend so why would he think that it would be ok to sleep here in my apartment?

“Fine! You can sleep here but I won’t wake you up for work tomorrow morning!” Donghae announced loudly. He sighed when there was no movement or acknowledgement from the sleeping Hyukjae.

‘I shall see what happens in the morning.’ Donghae told himself. With that thought, he hopped like a bunny into his bedroom and slammed the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” a long and loud shrill greeted the morning.

Donghae jolted out of bed. What is that sound he just heard? Did someone got hurt? Did someone fell? Did a goat escape onto the streets? Oh wait, did the sound just come from his living room? Donghae got up from bed in a rush. As he stepped both his feet onto the ground and tried to stand up, a sharp pain shocked his entire body. Right. He almost forgot that he sprained his ankle. He hopped out of his bedroom, still in the pajamas to see what the commotion was about.

In the living room, Hyukjae was pacing up and down the room. He was rubbing both his hands against each other and his face was in fluster. When Donghae opened his bedroom door, both their eyes met.

“Yah! Fishy!! Why didn’t you wake me up? Its morning now and I am running late for class! And I cannot go home first to change because I will be late!” Hyukjae’s bolting words towards Donghae disrupted the morning peace that usually engulfed the apartment.

Not again.’ Were Donghae’s first thoughts of the day.

“I DID try to wake you up last night but you simply push me away and went back to sleep on my couch!”

“You silly fish! You could have poured water on me or something! Where is your common sense! Argh!” Hyukjae was evidently enraged. He kicked the couch in anger and moaned “Ouch!”

“”Calm down. What time is your class?” Donghae asked politely.

“In an hour’s time but it’s a 1.5 hours journey from here by the train.” Hyukjae answered. His worried look still plastered onto his face.

“Go shower now, I will loan you my clothes. I think we are about the same size? I need to go to school too but I will be taking a cab since I am limping. We can share the cab and cost and you can drop me off in school first.” Donghae explained. He was still upset with Hyukjae’s rude words early in the morning but someone had to think rationally among these two.”

Hyukjae glanced at the limping boy, “You sure?”

“Yes, now go! I will pass to you a towel later.” Donghae answered in a jiffy. Today is Thursday which means that Hyukjae will not be in the school. Donghae figured out that he must have classes somewhere else that may be further than usual for Hyukjae.

Upon hearing that, Hyukjae dashed out of the living room and into the bathroom. To prevent any more arguments and waste any more time, Donghae decided to give in. They have done nothing but squabble most of the time. He hopped back into his bedroom, grabbed a brand new towel, hopped back to the kitchen to knock on the bathroom door. Hyukjae’s hands grabbed the towel in a flash and Donghae could not help but laugh at the panic stricken Hyukjae. He is not sure why he finds this whole incident comical.

After Hyukjae was done, Donghae quickly showered and got ready as well. Before he entered the bathroom to shower, he had left a set of clean clean shirt, t-shirt and pants on the kitchen table. Attached to it was a piece of yellow paper with a note.

‘Just wear it. If you want to complain, you can always go .’
 

By the time they were ready to leave, 30 minutes had passed. Donghae was feeling slightly tired due to the constant hopping but he was determined to not let it stop him from going to school.

“Wait. Where are you going?” Hyukjae suddenly asked just when they were about to leave.

“Duh, work….as usual.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be on medical leave?” he asked again.

Darn it. That big mouth Siwon must have informed him yesterday. Donghae had hid this matter from the school because he really hated missing work especially on the first week of school.

“I will be fine. See? I have this umbrella as my walking stick! Plus I can still talk and teach.” Donghae explained. For a moment, he was wondering why Hyukjae was asking these questions. If he did not know any better, he would have thought that Hyukjae was worried and concerned about him.

Hyukjae started shaking his head. His index finger was shaking at Donghae’s face indicating a strong ‘NO’. “You can’t go to work. If you continue walking and putting stress on it, it will not heal. Stay at home!”

“No! I will go to school and you cannot stop me!” Donghae hooted back. He started to hop towards the door and opened it quickly.

“No! You will stay at home today!” Hyukjae had grabbed Donghae’s elbow and was pulling him into the apartment. He was strong but Donghae was holding on to the opened door and would not let go. The tug of war between the two guys was an uncommon scene in the building. This unusual scene attracted some stares of disgust while others laughed it off.

Donghae was hanging on to the door as tightly as he could but he was losing strength. He was also tired from limping around his apartment all morning and having to deal with panic Hyukjae just drained his energy even more.

His palms were getting sweaty and slippery and it was slowly slipping against the door. He still refused to give up but his attempt to hold on failed when his hands slip. The sudden force caused Donghae’s weight to fall backwards towards Hyukjae and being unable to carry Donghae’s unexpected weight, both of them fell backwards and landed on the floor.

Hyukjae had landed on the floor while Donghae conveniently landed onto Hyukjae. As Hyukjae was rubbing his in pain and away, he pushed Donghae off him.

“Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you?!” Donghae was howling in irritation. Even though he did not land on his ankle, the sudden movement of his ankle pained it further.

They were frowning at each other in disgust when they heard a familiar voice from the corridor.

“What happened? Hyukkie? You spent the night here?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Guess who again? Lol. Let's hope I can update more often this weekend!