Nightmare

Walk Next To Me

Love is ………………………………………….  when I am not able to think straight whenever you are around me.

 

“What?” Both Hyukjae and Ji Eun shrieked at the same time. Their eyes widened and their bodies were frozen from the words that came out from Donghae’s mouth. They were all facing each other awkwardly in a triangle while exchanging questionable looks with one another.

“Ouch!! My ankle!” Donghae moaned in pain. He temporarily forgot about his injured ankle when he ran to stop Ji Eun from hugging Hyukjae any further. Now feeling the sharp pain in his ankle, he was cringing in pain.

“Are you out of your mind?!” Hyukjae yelled and pushed Donghae’s forehead with his fingers.

“Hyukkie….” Donghae mumbled.

“Oppa? What is the meaning of this?” Ji Eun asked, confused by the antics of the two guys.

“Please stay away from him. You have done enough harm to him.” Donghae looked at Ji Eun straight in the eye and said it firmly.

Ji Eun who was too stunned by Donghae’s words started tearing. “Oppa….” she turned to Hyukjae. “Oppa….is it because of me?” Ji Eun was looking at Hyukjae’s face for answers.

“Of course. Please leave him alone from now on.” Donghae answered, still in the same firm voice.

Upon hearing that, Ji Eun burst into tears and ran away. She was sobbing away when she ran off and Donghae felt sorry for her but he did not regret saying any of the things he said at all.

When she was out of sight, Donghae turned to Hyukjae and smacked his head. “Are you crazy? You are not seeing her again! She made you miserable!”

“What do you know?” Hyukjae growled and pushed Donghae’s chest, causing him to take a step backwards.

“I just know it and I hate seeing you weak like this!”

“Why do you care?!” Hyukjae was still growling at Donghae.

Donghae looked down. What should he say? Everything was happening too quickly and he did not have the time to think through his actions. He did not want to offend Hyukjae but he did not want Hyukjae to get himself hurt too. How should he put it across to Hyukjae?

“Answer me!” Hyukjae yelled, capturing the attention of passersby. Donghae did not even dare to look at Hyukjae’s face. He was obviously enraged.

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae! Stop!” a voice from distant saved Donghae from answering Hyukjae. “What is going in here? I just left for a few minutes!” It was Siwon.

Donghae immediately moved behind Siwon. Hyukjae was still fuming mad and he looked like he was about to throw a punch anytime.

“Yah Hyukjae! Calm down! We can always talk it out.” Siwon assured Hyukjae.

“I do not want to talk about it. Leave me alone.” Hyukjae responded coldly. He was still glaring at Donghae who was still hiding away behind the tall Siwon.

“I am sorry….” Donghae mumbled but it fell on deaf ears. Hyukjae smirked, rolled his eyes and walked away. “Thanks for ruining my night.”

As Hyukjae started walking away, Siwon and Donghae stood side by side watching him leave. They were in shock, still trying to understand what just happened. Siwon sighed and turned to Donghae, “Can you explain to me what just happened?”

Donghae looked at Siwon guiltily. What happened? He was not even sure why he did that, he just wanted to stop Ji Eun, he did not anticipate the consequence of his actions. Was it really the wrong thing to do? Did he step beyond the line and made a friend angry?

“I don’t know.”

“Are you sure you are not drunk? You have been acting weird the whole night!” Siwon exclaimed.

“Let’s go home.” Donghae said calmly. He just needed time to think. He did not know how to answer Siwon or Hyukjae, for that matter. He was not even sure why he was acting rashly like that. It was so unlike him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ji Eun no!!! “ Donghae yelled. He was shivering in panic when he saw a knife in Ji Eun’s hand. She was laughing hysterically and Hyukjae was all tied up to a chair next to her. Hyukjae was unconscious.

“Back off! Since I can’t have him, you can’t have him too!” she snarled.

“Noooooo! Please do not hurt him! I will do anything you say.” Donghae pleaded.

“You stupid boy! You should not have interfered in the first place! Now you will see your love die right before your eyes.” She continued laughing hysterically.

“Please! No!! I will stay away from now on, please do not hurt him in any way! I am begging you.” Donghae started crying and his tears would not stop streaming down his cheeks.

“Its too late! Hyukkie and me will be together from now on. Goodbye!” Ji Eun announced before stabbing Hyukjae.

“Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Donghae bolted out of his bed. He was breathless, and shivering from the nightmare. It felt so real, he was petrified. He glanced at the clock on his side table. It was 3.45 am. He has to wake up in 3 hours’ time. It made sense to go back to bed.

Donghae got out from his bed and headed to the kitchen for a drink to calm himself down. What was that nightmare about? Did he care too much about Hyukjae to be having nightmares like this or was he being paranoid? He had only known Hyukjae for a week so it did not make sense why he was having such strong feelings towards Hyukjae. What does this mean? Why was he overwhelmed with such emotions? It felt like it was beyond his control.

‘My heart aches and I constantly worry about hurting him. Its so annoying.’ He thought.

He strolled back to his bed, hoping to catch some sleep before waking up on a Monday. Blinking lights from his mobile phone caught his attention.

A message? I must have fallen asleep when the message came.’ He thought.

Donghae grabbed his phone and saw that there was one message.

It was from Hyukjae.

He rubbed his eyes to make sure he was reading the message accurately. Did he really send him this text?

 

Hyukjae:

You still owe me an explanation. I will look for you in your classroom first thing in the morning in school. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh....I almost.... was not able to update today. Short but significant chapter. Shall update more tomorrow. Thanks for reading and thanks for all your comments! I get excited reading them lol.