Weird feeling

Walk Next To Me

Love is……………………………….. missing you when you are not with me.

 

“What you two doing?” Jihyo panicked.

Donghae and Hyukjae were giggling away. Donghae had taken a piece of tissue paper and had written something down.

“Don’t do anything stupid! “ Jihyo warned the two younger guys. Her eyes widened in anxiety wondering what the two guys were up to.

Donghae whispered something into Hyukjae’s ears and Hyukjae nodded in agreement. Hyukjae stood up from his chair.

“Noona, you need anything? I am going to order now.”

“Iced mocha for me! And you know…….whatever dessert you want.” Donghae answered.

“No. You are just going to order? That’s all?” Jihyo asked suspiciously.

“Yes.” Hyukjae smiled widely.

When Hyukjae left the table and made his way to the counter, Jihyo eyed Donghae and tried to get some answers.

“Donghae ah….what’s on that tissue paper?”

“Noona, trust us.” Donghae assured.

Jihyo sighed. Both Donghae’s and her eyes’ were on Hyukjae at the counter. For some reason, Donghae was equally nervous. His hands were clenched together and it was started to sweat. He hoped it will go well; he hated seeing Jihyo pinning for Kim Jongwoon like that. He believes that one should be transparent about one’s feelings. He has always been straight forward, if he likes someone, he will tell them directly.

It was Hyukjae’s turn to order. At the counter, was the popular Kim Jongwoon taking orders. There seems to be more customers in the café whenever he showed up. Perhaps all the ladies patrons wanted to give a shot at winning his heart too.

Donghae watched his friend ordered, highly in anticipation. He had initially written down Jihyo’s phone number on the tissue paper. To make the approach more direct, he wrote this on the paper.

 

Hi!

I like you. This is my number XXXXXXXXXXX. Do give me a call.

Jihyo

 

From afar, Hyukjae was seen ordering from Jongwoon. They exchanged some words and shared a laughter.

‘When is he going to pass him the note?’ Donghae wondered. Jihyo’s face was equally nervous. Both of them were watching Hyukjae’s every move.

After Hyukjae made the payment, Jongwoon passed a timer to Hyukjae and he proceeded to stand at the side of counter.

‘When is he going to pass him the note?!’ Donghae wondered again. He was getting impatient.

As Hyukjae was waiting at the side of the counter, he suddenly approached Jongjin, Jongwoon’s brother who was also there at the counter. He was busy mixing drinks but seeing Hyukjae approaching him, he paused. Hyukjae said something to Jongjin and took out the piece of tissue paper and passed to him. He then pointed at the table where Donghae and Jihyo were sitting and Jongjin’s eyes followed suit.

Both Donghae’s and Jihyo’s jaw dropped.

“Nooooo…” Donghae muttered. Why did Hyukjae passed the note to Jongjin instead of his brother?

After Hyukjae collected his orders, he happily strolled back to their table. As soon as he arrived at their table, Donghae yelled.

“Yah! Why didn’t you pass it to Jongwoon directly?”

Looking confused, Hyukjae answered, “What do you mean? I just did.”

“Noooooooooo….that was his brother you idiot! I thought I pointed him to you just now!” Donghae was still yelling.

“What? Damn it! I thought its really him! He looked cuter anyway so I thought he was THE popular Jongwoon.” Hyukjae explained guiltily.

“Boys!! What did you write in the note?!!” Jihyo’s outburst shocked the two guys.

“Err….nothing? Ok, calm down ok….just your name and number.” Donghae explained while biting his lip.

“What?!” Jihyo shrieked and started smacking the heads of the two boys with the book she was previously reading. “I am so embarrassed now! Where can I dig a hole and bury myself in it?” She was in a fluster and her face turned was turning redder and redder by the minute.

“I am sure we can fix this Noona….” Hyukjae assured.

“How??? I gotta get out of here now! See you two in school on Monday! Hmmph!” Jihyo packed her things into her bag and left hurriedly.

The two boys were too stunned to say anything or stop her. They did feel guilty but their only intentions were to help her. Donghae and Hyukjae looked at each other.

“What do we do now?” Donghae asked.

“I guess we should go explain to Jongjin that I made a mistake. Hmm…I should do it now.” Hyukjae answered.

As Hyukjae was about to walk to the counter, both Donghae and Hyukjae saw Jongjin leaving Mouse Rabbit via the entrance. He was carrying his backpack and waving goodbye to Jongwoon and his mum who were behind the counter.

Hyukjae slummed backed onto his seat.

“Now what?” Donghae demanded.

“I guess all we can do now is………. Finish this mango bingsoo.” He answered listlessly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Appa,

A lot of things hve changed sice the last time I wrote. It turned out that my neigbors are not gay. They are simply room mates. They are close, perhaps thet was why I had the wrong idea. I had diner with them last nite and they are really nice people. I am glad becos if anything were to go wrong, I can always go next door. Living alone is hard, I do get lonely easyly.

However, the past few days I was with a friend. Rememmber the scary red haired guy I mentoined? He spent 2 nites here this week. I did not invite him. On the first nigt, he fell asleep while waiting for me and on the second nite he took care of me becaus I was drunk. I knw. I should not be drinking. I at drinking. I was only being polite when the drink was offered to me but I ended up truobling my two frens. I thought he was nice enough to spent the nite here. I think he is not such a bad person. He had done quite a lot for me, even though we argue most of the time.

But you know Appa, the kind of argument we have is diffrent. How shall I put it? Our arguments are pretty childish but the weird thing is, I enjoy arguing with him. He always give in to me or give me sum silly responds. I feel closer to him after each argument. Am I weird?

I learned that we canot judge the people we meet. Everyone has a history and unless we understnd that history, we can nver truly undersatndt that person. As I knw more and more abuot this red haired friend, I begin to like him more too. I hate to admit it

What is this weird feeling that I am having? I have never experience this befrre, Appa. But I hope you will continu to bless me in your prayers. I mis you so much and I wish you were with me.

I will always love you.

 

Donghae closed his diary and placed it on the side table. He glanced at the clock. Its almost 12 am, he had been spending the night doing laundry, watching some tv and writing in his diary. Even though he enjoys peaceful and quiet times like this, he wished there was someone around to talk to. At times like this, he missed his mum and brother the most. It has been only a week but he really missed his family back home.

Tomorrow is Sunday and for some reason, he was dreading it. He had nothing to do and his only friends were also his colleagues. He did not want to bother them since they see each other at work on a daily basis. However, he could not stand being alone on a holiday. He decided to try his luck. He grabbed his mobile phone and started texting.

 

Me:

Siwon ah, do you have any plans tomorrow?

 

The reply came almost immediately. Donghae was surprised that Siwon was still awake at this hour.

Siwon colleague:

Just church in the morning and lunch with family after that. What’s up?

Me:

Oh, I was wondering if you wanna do anything together tomorrow……...but if you are busy than its ok.

Siwon  colleague:

Sure, we can go catch a movie or something. I have been wanting to catch the new iron man movie! You like iron man?

Me:

Awesome! I love iron man! Shall we ask Hyukjae along?

Siwon colleague:

Nah….I was going to watch with him but he back out on me. He said he had a date.

Me:

A date? With a girl?

Siwon colleague:

Yes hahaha, surprisingly. I guess it’s a good thing since he went through hell the last time? I thought he would never date girls after that incident. So I meet you at about 4 pm? I will pick you up from your place.

Me:

Sure. Thanks and see you.

 

Donghae put down his phone. ‘Hyukjae is going on a date?’ he marveled. Like what Siwon mentioned, it is a good thing since he was so hung up the last time he was with a girl. It shows that he was finally moving on.

Right.

So Donghae should feel happy for his friend for finally being able to move on. But, why does he feel like his heart shrank a little?

‘Why do I feel disappointed instead?’ Donghae wondered.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly, I cannot believe I have written 21 chapters! This is the longest of any kinds of writing I have ever done! Haha! This is only my 2nd fanfic, do check out my first 'one shot' fanfic too, especially if you are eunhae fans! I am still new here, so show me some love via your comments! Lol. Till next update!