Workout dates

Walk Next To Me

Love is ……………………… when all I wanna do is spend time with you.

 

When Jongwoon spotted his partner coming into the café, he waved hysterically to catch his partner’s attention amongst the crowd at Mouse Rabbit. As soon as he saw Jongwoon, the man who just walked into the care flashes the sweetest smile, revealing his attractive dimple.

“Mr Park?!” Both Jihyo and Donghae exclaimed. They were too dumbfounded by the figure that appeared.

Mr Park Jungsoo looked equally astounded to see familiar faces from his workplace at the café. As he approached their table, he was smiling brightly at Jongwoon that Donghae was not sure if Mr Park even realize that they were sitting the same table.

“Donghae? Jihyo? You know Jongwoonie here?” Jungsoo asked, obviously surprised by the presence of his colleagues.

“You are Jongwoon’s partner?” Jihyo asked with her wide eyes, still unable to wipe the shock off her face.

Jungsoo turned to Jongwoon, “Oh? They know about us?”

Jongwoon nodded, “I just told them, don’t tell me they work in your school?”

“They do! Oh what a coincidence! Donghae here is new to the school and I have been working with Jihyo for many years!’ Jungsoo exclaimed excitedly.

“Oh, for a minute I thought you promoted our café to all your staff!” Jongwoon laughed. “Sit down here.” he instructed and pulled a chair to him.

Jungsoo grabbed the chair and took a seat at the table. “Have you ordered? The table is empty? Or were you about to leave?” he turned his attention to Donghae and Jihyo.

“Oh yes! You have yet to order! Donghae ah and Jihyo sshii…what would you like? I will go get it for you two personally since you are friends with Jungsoo here.”

“I think I need the strongest coffee you have now.”Jihyo answered in a daze.

“Me too please. I need to shock my system.” Donghae added.

Jongwoon nodded, “Sure, I will get it for you. Jungsoo what about you? The usual?” he asked.

“Yes, you know me. Thanks!” Jungsoo answered. Jongwoon stood up and walked over the counter to join his brother Jongjin.

“Mr Park, I did not know you were this open minded.” Donghae uttered after Jongwoon was behind the counter.

Jungsoo smiled and patted Donghae’s back. “Of course I have to be open minded. If I was not open minded, I would not have been able to lead and run the school!”

“So……how long have you two….….you know….…..” Jihyo stammered.

“You mean together in this? Hmm…I think its been over a year? Haizz…time really flew so fast when you are having fun!”

“And your family is ok with this?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Of course! They could not be happier for me. I was thinking about it for long time, but I finally took the step forward and just do it! It’s a risk worth taking and I am glad I did!” Jungsoo turned to Donghae, “You youngsters need to stop worrying too much and just follow you heart! Take the leap!”

Donghae could not believe his ears. He was still in shock to learn that his boss is gay. Now he is encouraging him to take the leap too? He had the impression that being in the education system, where teachers and school leaders are expected to be the best role model they can be for the students. Promoting homouality was definitely not deemed to be ‘modeling’. Suddenly, he realized that his fears about his own feelings about Hyukjae may be nothing to worry about after all.

“The school management knows about this too? They are ok with this?!” Donghae squeaked. .

“Of course! Its nothing to be ashamed about, I am not breaking any laws so there was no reason to hide it.” Jungsoo explained. “Jihyo is everything ok? Why do you look sad?”

Jihyo took in a deep breath. “I am ok Mr Park, just REALLY surprise to see you here, that’s all.”

“Since we are not in school, I am not your principal all right? Just pretend I am your regular friend.” Jungsoo exclaimed, trying to liven up the atmosphere.

From a distance, Donghae and Jihyo saw that Jongwoon was on the way to their table with their drinks.

“Here’s your coffee! Its on the house! Specially for the two of you!” Jongwoon announced.

Jihyo and Donghae smiled weakly and thanked Jongwoon. They immediately grabbed their coffee and drank it all in one gulp. Both Jongwoon and Jungsoo stared at the rather odd behavior of their new friends.

“Isn’t it hot?” Jungsoon asked, baffled by what he just saw.

“No…..errrr….we are used to it.” Donghae answered. He did not realize that Jihyo did the same thing.

“Hmm….thank you so much for the coffee Jongwoon sshii but I think we better be going….”Jihyo spoke and nudged Donghae next to her.

“Errr..yes! We have to go home early, you know…since it’s a school night!”

“So early? Its not even 9 pm?” Jungsoo asked.

“Yes! We need sleep! You would not want us to be late for school tomorrow right Mr Park?” Jihyo continued.

Jungsoo smiled. “All right. You too get going and have a good rest.”

With Jungsoo’s approval, both Donghae and Jihyo stood up. They bowed to Jongwoon and bid goodbye before walking off in a hurry in linking arms.

When they were out of sight, Jungsoo and Jongwoon exchanged looks and laughed.

“Your colleagues are weird.” Jongwoon said.

“Well, so are you. That’s why I get along so well with all of you.” he lightly shoved Jongwoon and they both continued to laugh.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“What just happened?” Jihyo asked as soon as they stepped out of Mouse Rabbit.

“I am not sure. I am still trying to digest all the information in my spinning head.” Donghae answered. “Noona you ok? You look pale.”

“How can I be ok? I have been in love with a gay man.” she answered sarcastically.

“That is true. Errr…you mean you did not know about Mr Park….you know….preferences?” Donghae asked.

“Not at all! Argh! Why can’t he go find some other men?” Jihyo exclaimed while throwing her arms in the air in frustration.

“Do you think any of the school staff know about this?”

“Hmm..I really do not think so? I have been working for so many years. We can check with Heechul tomorrow? He is the closest to the Mr Park in the school.” Jihyo explained.

“All right. Are we being nosy?” Donghae asked again.

“Of course not, he told us himself, and we are merely checking the accuracy of the information.” Jihyo assured her worried dongsaeng.

“Ok, I think I burned my tongue with that hot coffee in there….”Donghae muttered.

“Oh dear God, me too.” Jihyo added.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Mr Lee……” Tao suddenly uttered.

They have been walking in silence to school. Donghae had a lot on his mind and he was still thinking about the incident the night before. If Mr Park was supportive of homouality, should he tell him that he is one? He has been dying to confide in somebody about his attraction towards Hyukjae but he was not sure who he could trust. Everyone around him was new to him and he felt that he knows no one well enough to trust them with such personal information about himself. Frankly, he was hoping for someone to advise him on what to do but as of now, he did not think anyone would be that open minded and reliable.

“Yes Tao?” Donghae snapped out of his deep thoughts. The 12 year old boy was looking at him waiting for a response.

“Just thought I should let you know of my dad. He is not really an easy person.” Tao explained.

“What do you mean?”

“He always comes home drunk and he tends to be very violent. I am worried he may come looking for you since I have been staying with you.”

Donghae smiled. “Don’t worry kiddo. I am here to help you so you need not worry about me.”

Tao smiled weakly. “Thank you. Please, just be careful.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yah! Lee Donghae!”

Donghae turned around to find a smiling Siwon running hurriedly towards him. They were in the teachers’ lounge and Donghae was just about to make himself a cup of coffee before his first class of the day.

“How’s your ankle? You don’t seem to be limping anymore.” Siwon eyes were scanning Donghae’s ankle.

“Its better. Its slightly painful when I walk but I no longer limp. Which is good!”

“Yes! What are you doing after school? I am heading to the gym, do you want to come along? You can work on your upper body since your ankle is not fully recovered.” Siwon suggested.

“No thanks. Perhaps next time? Where do you work out?”

“Right here in the school. You didn’t know we have a gymnasium here? Its open to the students but I usually go in the evening so there are no students.” Siwon explained.

“You usually go workout alone?”

“Yup! But sometimes Hyukjae joins me. I can’t find anyone else who do workouts as much as me.”

Donghae paused. Hyukjae does workout regularly? Perhaps it’s a good idea to do workout with someone too. He had been wanting to tone up his body but he has no idea on how to go about doing it. This was the perfect opportunity.

“Is he going with you today?”

“I think so, he is all geared up for the competition next week so he has not been missing our workout dates.” Siwon explained.

“Dates?!”

“You know! Get well quickly so you can join us!”

“Errrr…...I think I am feeling better. You are right, I can work on my upper body.” Donghae suddenly changed his mind.

Siwon was surprised by the sudden change. “You sure? You have your workout gear with you today?” Siwon asked suspiciously.

“Err…no.”

Siwon laughed at his friend. “Why don’t you join me tomorrow?”

“Hyukjae will be around tomorrow too?” Donghae asked. He remembered that Hyukjae was only in school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

“Tomorrow is Thursday so its just me.”

“Oh….” Donghae paused. “I think I will join you on Friday.”

“Yah! Do you want to workout or you want to see Hyukjae?! Am I not good enough company for you?!” Siwon said, slightly raising his voice and looking worked up.

Donghae laughed sheepishly.

“Lee Donghae!! Lee Donghae!!” A loud yell was heard from outside the office.

Siwon and Donghae exchanged looks. “Who is that yelling my name?” Donghae asked Siwon. The yelling was really loud and it sounded angry.

“Did you offend anyone? Owe anyone any money?” Siwon eyed Donghae.

Donghae shook his head, “I don’t think so.”

“Donghae ah!” the counter lady from the office ran into the staff lounge. She was trying to catch her breath.

“What’s wrong?”. Seeing her panting and panicking made him start to worry.

“Someone is looking for you! A man! He is very angry!”

“Don’t tell me its ………….……..” Siwon paused and looked at Donghae.

“Who is it?” Donghae gasped.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boom! Sorry to dissapoint you YeWook shippers! Lolx! More surprise on the way, stay tune for next update! Let's see who can guess right this time? Shall we? Who could be so angry at the angel face Donghae? Hmmm...... talk to me via the comments!!! Haha... :D