A couple

Walk Next To Me

Love is ………………………… missing you even when you are with me.

 

Surprised by the straight forward question by Kyuhyun, Donghae and Hyujae looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

“What makes you say that?” Hyukjae asked, still unable to stop himself from laughing.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders, “Its just you guys….don’t seem typical…….you seem more…… like a couple.”

“Hmm…do we look like we are a romantic couple? I only helped him to wipe his mouth! Its not like we are kissing.” Donghae added.

“I don’t know. Just an instinct, I guess I can be wrong.” Kyuhyun said. He suspected that the two guys may be more than just friends but he realized that he had only known them for a day. Who was he to judge too quickly? Furthermore, he was only going to be in the school for 2 weeks.

“Yah! I think Noona needs your help, she is carrying your orders too.” Donghae exclaimed while pointing to Jihyo who had just receieved her orders on a tray.

“I’ll go.” Kyuhyun immediately stood up and rushed over to the counter.

As soon as Kyuhyun was out of sight, Donghae turned to Hyukjae, “Do you think he is right? We looked like a couple?”

“He is a kid, he knows nothing. Anyway, who says I like you?”

Donghae remained silent. He did not know how to react.

“Aish! Why are you pouting?!” Hyukjae yelled and smacked Donghae’s head.

“Stop hitting me!”

“I am telling you to stop pouting!”

“Why should I? Its my mouth! I will pout whenever I want to!”

“I don’t want others to fall in love with your stupid pout too!”

“Too?”

“What?” Hyukjae asked back.

Donghae wanted to probe further but Khyuhyun was already walking back to the table with Jihyo. Their argument abruptyly ended again.

“Noona, are you ok? Why do you look angry?” Hyukjae asked.

“I have to tell Jongjin the truth today. I feel bad enough as it is and I am losing sleep because of this silly problem.” She turned to both Hyukjae and Donghae. “No thanks to you two.”

Donghae apologized. “Sorry Noona, we were only trying to help. But, you have Gary now right?”

“Yup, he is an awesome guy, do seriously consider him. See what he did this morning? So romantic right?” Hyukjae added.

Jihyo paused, thinking of what her two colleagues just said. She has been good friends with Gary for many years but she had never looked at him that way. To her, he was just a good friend and she was not sure how to react to this morning’s flower incident.

“I shall see. Too many things in my head right now.” She answered.

“But Noona, when someone declares their affection for you, you should give him some sort of a reply. If not, he will keep on waiting.” Donghae said.

“But people need time to think!” Hyukjae interrupted.

“Its been a few days I told you!” Donghae retorted.

“Woah! Stop! You two are embarrassing me arguing in public like this.” Jihyo yelled at the two boys arguing. “What are you arguing about? Is there something I am not aware of?”

“They are a couple but they won’t admit it.” Khyuhyun suddenly uttered. His eyes were fixed on the game he had been playing on his phone. Hearing Kyu’s words, all three of them fall silent and simply looked at each other questionly.

“Oh! Jongjin is here! I have to speak to him!” Jihyo suddenly exclaimed when she saw Jongjin walking into Mouse Rabbit. Jongjin spotted them and waved at the four of them happily, flashing his sweetest smile.

“Good luck Noona.” Donghae and Hyukjae both said at the same time, surprised by their sync timing.

“See? Couple.” Kyuhyun said, but was completely ignored by his three seniors.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I am so sorry. I never meant for all of this to be this complicated.” Jihyo apologized. She had requested Jongjin to sit with her for a short while at a table on the 2nd floor of the café. She decided to tell him the truth today, and the 2nd floor was a good choice because there were not many people around.

Jongjin stared at the table. His dissappointed expression made Jihyo more guilty than she already was. He smiled weakly and looked up to her.

“Its ok, I guess, it was just a one sided thing on my part.” He finally murmured. “So, you really liked my brother huh?”

Jihyo nodded. “But I guess I have no more chance now huh since he is taken?”

“Taken?”

“Yes, by my own boss?”

“Who is your boss?” Jongjin asked, looking confused.

“Mr Park? Isn’t he your brother’s partner?”

“Partner? You mean business partner? Yup, he does have a share in our café.”

“What?!” Jihyo exclaimed.

“You mean…………… you thought they were romantically involved?!”

“Oh my God!” Jihyo was too embarrassed. Too much information in such a short time was giving her a headache. ‘Jongwoon is not gay? Do I still stand a chance? Oh, but what about Gary. Argh! ‘

Excuse me, I need to go and knock my head against the wall.” Jihyo stood up to announce and hurriedly left the table, leaving the confused looking Jongjin.

She quickly went down the stairs, waved goodbye to her three colleagues still sitting at their table and exited the café.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Why is Noona leaving in such a hurry?” Hyukjae asked.

“Hmm…wonder if it went well with Jongjin.” Donghae uttered.

Donghae was still feeling uncomfortable sitting there after his ‘argument’ with Hyukjae. He wanted to ask him directly if he likes him but he was not able to do that since Kyuhyun was around. He looked at his young trainee who was engrossed with his game. ‘Why does did kid want to tag along if all he does is play his electronic device?’ Donghae thought.

‘Look at this stupid guy eating his strawberry bingsoo as though nothing happene! Am I being delusional for thinking he likes me too? Technically he has never mentioned it himself even though Heechul hyung said that he clearly likes me too. What if he is wrong? What if Heechul hyung misinterpret too? Wouldn’t that be embarrassing? Argh! What should I do? He is just right here next to me! I feel like strangling him because I am so angry at him but at the same time, I really think he is cute too. Eh wait, didn’t he kiss me this morning? Even though he claimed that he did it to stop me from talking, is that even a legit excusel??

“Do you still want some?” Hyukjae held up the spoonful of ice cream towards Donghae.

Donghae snapped back to reality. All his conflicting thoughts were now gone. “Yes…but you can….”

As soon as Donghae said ‘yes’ Hyukjae brought the spoon to Donghae’s mouth and fed him. Donghae automatically opened his mouth to allow the spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

“See? A couple.” Kyuhyun muttered again. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

How many Kyu's fans here? Don't hate me for writing his character to be annoying. Lol. I have nothing against him really. Eunhae can't stop arguing, how are they going to progress? Hahha...love your comments! I smile like an idiot reading them cos some of you are really funny haha..keep them coming will ya? Till next update! 143.