I will protect you.

Walk Next To Me

Love is …………………. being there for you when you need me.

 

“Don’t go over!” Siwon shrieked right after he sees Hyukjae standing up. He tangled his own elbows with Hyukjae’s and shook his head trying to influence Hyukjae to change his mind about walking over to the girl who has been starring at them.

“I will be fine, don’t worry.” Hyukjae have Siwon an assuring look. Siwon threw Hyukjae a worried look.

“What? Why? Who is she?? Is she a witch? Is she going to shoot you with her magical powers?”

Siwon and Hyukjae turned to Donghae. This guy was obviously drunk. They cannot believe that someone can be drunk by just a sip of alcohol.

“Hold him, make sure he does not do anything stupid.” Hyukjae instructed Siwon. He then stood up and started to saunter over to the girl. She was still in that same position, starring intensely at Hyukjae who was nearing here.

Hyukjae and the girl’s eyes collide. “How are you?” he asked.

The girl continued starring at Hyukjae, still frozen in silence. Her eyebrows were crooked and her hands were clutching tightly on her bag. She started to bite her as if, trying to stop herself from tearing.

“Have you been well?” Hyukjae asked again, this time hoping for a response. Hyukjae could see that the girl was in a state of a shock. Frankly, he was nervous being this near to this girl. She had brought him so much misery in the past and he never ever want to relive any of those memories again. She looked like a typical 20 year old girl, innocent and naïve. No one would suspect that she had a horrendous and ugly past.

“Oppa!” the girl started to dash towards Hyukjae, instantly closing the gap between them. Her arms around Hyukjae’s waist, she hugged him as tight as she could. Her face was buried in Hyukjae’s chest and she started to sob profusely.

“Oppa, I have missed you….” she cried. Hyukjae’s shirt was damped by her overflowing tears. He felt sorry for the crying girl so he pulled her closer towards him and reciprocated her hug. Hyukjae could not stand seeing anyone cry. Whenever he sees someone cry, his eyes will start to well up with tears too.

“Ji Eun ah…. I …….. “ he started to speak but stopped when he did not really know what to say.

From a distance, Donghae and Siwon were watching attentively. Donghae, who was still clueless on what is going on, was still squinting his eyes to see clearly. His vision was getting blurry by the minute and he was irritated that neither Siwon nor Hyukjae explained to him what in the world was going on.

“Oh!” Donghae sat up when he saw the girl rushing over to hug Hyukjae. “What is she doing? Is she harassing him? Is she a stalker?” Donghae’s panicked voice echoed.

“Err…long story! I will explain to you next time!” Siwon was hoping that Donghae would stop asking all these questions and stop coming up with his own conclusions. Donghae was obviously not sober.

“You will tell me now!!” Donghae grabbed Siwon’s shirt by the chest and demanded an explanation.

“Aish! You are horribly drunk! I am bringing you home soon!” Siwon pulled his shirts away from the drunken Donghae.

“She must be a witch. We must stop her before she cast her spell on our friend!” Donghae was squealing away. He caught the attention of passer-by with his panic stricken odd behavior. “Let’s go! We must protect him!”

Before Siwon could stop him, Donghae had already sprinted towards Hyukjae and the girl.

“Get off him you witch!” Donghae yelled while pulling the girl away from Hyukjae’s embrace. Both of them were shocked to see the drunken Donghae so worked up.

“Sorry Ji Eun, he is drunk.” Siwon explained. He was trying to grab Donghae’s arm but Donghae’s quest to release himself from Siwon’s grasp succeeded. .

Donghae was not able to even stand straight. He was wobbling from left and right. “No! I will not let you cast spell on him. You are not allowed to hug him. Donghae was shouting at the girl at the top of his voice.

“Yah! Lee Donghae! Are you crazy?” Hyukjae yelled back.

“I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused, Oppa!” Ji Eun burst into more tears and ran away. She must have been so frightened by Donghae who was yelling at her face.

“Yah! Go away and don’t come back!” Donghae continued yelling at the girl even when she was far off.

“Are you out of your drunken mind Fish?!” Hyukjae shouted. He was upset at what Donghae just did. He did not even know her and no one should be so rude to a girl especially in public. Furthermore, she was really small sized and Donghae may have hurt her small shoulders when he pulled her away roughly like that.

“He is drunk, don’t blame him.” Siwon said calmly.

Donghae retched. He face was as red as a tomato and he was coughing away.

“Yah! Did you just throw up?! Aishhh!! Siwon ah, let’s go send this Fish home!” Hyukjae declared. The two guys then each grabbed Donghae’s arm and dragged him to the car.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Aish…what is this big splitting headache I am feeling? I have not had such a bad headache for years. Wait. Is this a hangover? What happened last night? How much did I drink? Oh right! I drank alcohol! What was I thinking? How did I get home? I don’t remember anything. Ouch …….oh my God…….my head is spinning.

 

Donghae struggled to sit up on his bed. He glanced at the clock on his side table and moaned. It was only 6 am. His head was heavy and it felt like someone was hitting him on the head with a hammer. He rubbed his eyes trying to get a clear view of his bedroom, hoping for some clues on how he got home. However, everything was the same and is it its rightful place.

Still rubbing his sleepy eyes, Donghae heard a sound from outside. It seemed to be coming from the living room. It sounded like soft sobs.

Someone is crying? Who could it be? The last time he remembered, he was staying in the apartment by himself.

Donghae slowly got out of his bed and sneaked to the door. He gently turned the door knob, trying his ultimate best to not make a single sound. Once the door slightly opened, he peeked out into the living room.

Someone was sitting cross legged on the floor, looking out of the window of the living room. His back was facing Donghae and even though he could not see the face, the red hair was enough for Donghae to know the identity of the guy.

“Hyukjae?” Donghae muttered softly and walked towards the red head.

Caught by surprise by Donghae’s voice, Hyukjae started wiping tears off his cheeks with his sleeve. He did not really want Donghae to see him being a total wreck.

“Are you crying?” Donghae asked softly. Even though he has been in a constant squabble with Hyukjae, he cannot deny that Hyukjae has been a good friend. He figured that Hyukjae must have been the one who brought him home and even placed him on his comfortable bed. If he did not care about Donghae, he could have left him on the couch or worse, on the floor.

Hyukjae shook his head, his head still bowed down towards the floor.

Donghae walked towards Hyukjae, without hesitating, wrapped his arms around Hyukjae from his back.

“Shhh…I know you were. Don’t worry, I am here for you.” Donghae whispered into the Hyukjae’s ear.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah...seems like all of you could not wait to find out the identity of the girl so I decided to update today! I usually do not update on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (because I have classes at night) so I guess its your lucky day. If you are still unsure who is Lee Ji Eun, she is also known as IU. If you still don't know who she is, do some googling! Lol. Stay tune for next chapter! I love reading all your comments! :D