Freedom

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmWYX-HHvY&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ajil_c0mfzZSUtQNatvRj9z

5 Years Ago

 

“Go back! You have to go back!” Suho shouted from the back seat. “I can’t!” Kris yells back only to receive several weak hits from Jae. “Please! You have to! We can’t just leave her there,” Jae weeps pitifully.

She wasn’t the only one either. After Miah’s whispered goodbye they were all crying. Eyes rimmed red and stinging; their hearts were beating in a joined erraticness.

Kris wanted to do as they asked. He wanted to turn around and go back for Miah, but he wasn’t the one driving away. The damned vehicle was moving on its own, pushing them farther and farther down the bridge. Farther and farther away from the evaporating fog at their backs.

“I can’t leave without her! I can’t let her sacrifice herself for me! Just unlock the doors and I’ll go back myself,” Suho erupted again. He was angry at what Miah did, but more angry at himself for not foreseeing it. It was so obvious. She as so obvious, so how could he be so oblivious? He promised to protect her, and yet he kept breaking that promise.

He would say anything; cry and scream at Kris to turn around, but Suho knew that it wasn’t Kris’ fault. He knew that whatever was happening with the car was that girls fault. Alessa. She took Miah in exchange for him, and now she making sure Miah could never leave.

He failed her. He failed the person he had fallen in love with, and he never even got the chance to prove that love.

The car steered itself all the way back to the main road that would lead to the highway. When it stopped the car parked itself and turned off. Even the head lights which Kris had himself shut off pitching the three of them into darkness darker than black. It was a new moon out, meaning absolutely no light except for the stars twinkling faintly above them.

“It s-stopped finally. We c-can go back n-now. Kris turn the c-car on and go back,” Jae begged. Her sniffles were frequent making her words slightly jumbled and hard to understand.

Kris took a deep, calming breath and turned the ignition. It didn’t start. It didn’t even sputter.

“What’s going?” he mumbled to himself. He tried again, and still got nothing. “Son of a-. you’re really going to up right now!?” he yelled causing Jae, whose nerves were already shot, to jump in her seat.

“K-Kris? What’s wrong? Why w-won’t it start?” she asked. He shook his head without answering. He didn’t know; he didn’t understand. The car was working earlier, even before it was taken over by god knows what he was able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter