Silent Hill

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCuJyEwTozU&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ag6IbF9O9ZGz5f9TePAcT6g

The ride is quiet. Only the tires turning and the wind passing by keeps them from complete silence. Kris, like always is driving; Yoona somehow getting the passenger, and the other four squeezing into the back seat.

Heather gives the others an uncertain look, still unsure if going with them was a good idea or not. With a sigh she reaches into her bag, and pulls out the letter and journal she took from her father’s box. She opens it, and begins to quietly read.

Over her shoulder Jae peaks and reads the intro, MY DEAREST SHARON. She is the girl we’ve been looking for. Wanting to give the blonde some privacy, she looks away and out the window.

After reading the letter Heather begins flipping through her father’s journal. Its pages are slightly yellowed and crumpled; filled with imaginative sketches of monsters, and elaborately taken notes.

“What does it say?” Vincent breaks the silence. The others shift in their seat at the sudden voice, Jae and Suho taking a peak of their own at the open notebook.

“So much,” Heather mumbles, “I knew my dad was frightened of something, but this is crazy.” “No…it’s not,” Suho whispers recognizing one of the monster drawn. The blonde glances at him, but continues, “It says the Silent Hill was built on ground supposedly cursed by a shaman over 100 years ago. It says here religious zealots secretly ran the town since its foundation. They were waiting for a child of magic to be born to be a vessel for their god.”

Jae blinks in surprise, “The first part I get. I had learned such from my research, but…a child of magic? Vessel for their god? What does that even mean?” Kris his lips from the front seat, “Alessa…Miah…they both have…magic don’t they?” From beside him Yoona blinks stupidly, “Magic? There’s no such thing.” Everyone ignores her.

“Miah? You mentioned her name before. She’s the friend that’s missing?” Vincent questions shiftily. Jae nods, “Yeah…”

“There’s more, “ Heather pipes up, “the god will then be resurrected and make the world anew.” “It sounds like one of those crazy doomsday cults,” Yoona scoffs. Again she is ignored.

Heather continues, “It says the order tried to cleanse a child of magic, but it only served to create a demon out of her. That in vengeance she enveloped the town in a world of darkness filled with monstrous creatures.” She flipped the page and pointed at a mannish sketch that had a triangular contraption as a head. “This one, it says, is her guardian and her executioner.” “I remember him,” Suho says.

Vincent pops his head up, “So you guys really have been there? You’ve seen all this stuff first hand?” Kris nods from the front, “Yes, we have. It’s much worse than the journal could ever hope to describe.” “That’s impossible,” Yoona shakes her head in disbelief, “these kinds of things don’t exist. There are no such things as magic and monsters.” “Well it is so get used to it girly, unless you want to be dropped off here at the side of the road,” Jae snaps. “Jaehwa…” Kris sighs.

She snaps her head to him, “What? She’s the one that came out of nowhere and disrupted our trip! We’re doing this to save Miah remember? I won’t let your little girlfriend’s ignorance deter us!” “I’m with Jae on this one Kris,” Suho agrees. Kris sighs, but says nothing; Yoona just burrows herself more into her seat.

---------------

They drive for a few more hours in the direction of the place they hadn’t visited for five long years.

“We should stop,” Vincent pops up, once again disrupting the silence. “No, I want to keep going,” Heather responds. “I’m tired! I need rest and so do you,” he snaps back.

Kris clips his tongue from the front seat, “You aren’t even the one driving. Just sleep against the door.” “But…I’m tired too honey, and you know I can’t sleep comfortably unless I’m in a real bed,” Yoona shakes his arm in a sickeningly cute way.

Jae rolls her eyes from the back seat, “Just stop somewhere. We aren’t that far anyway. We can wake up early and make it there before noon.” “…Fine,” Kris agrees taking in her tired eyes from the rear view mirror. They all needed rest apparently.

-----------

They stopped at an isolated motel called Jack’s Inn. Deciding to rent one room feeling it was safer to all be together, they piled into the two bedroom chamber.

“Do you think they’ll find us?” Heather asks. Jae shrugs unsure if she is referring to the police or the people that took her father; not that it mattered.

From near the window Vincent swallows a harsh lump and says, “I don’t think you should go.” His thought directed at the blonde female sitting on the bed. Everyone but Yoona furrows their eyebrows at him. “What?” Suho asks incredulously. They needed Heather. She was the only one that could get them to Miah.

“You said before they arrived that your dad didn’t want you to have anything do with Silent Hill. I think he was right. I think it’s a bad idea you going,” Vincent continues. Heather stands in anger, “I need to. I need to find him!” “No! Listen to me,” he roars back, “the order…they want you. I think that’s why they to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter