Running

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYD5ykR9DU&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2agHcwtbZxLb02sZXpH3Px06

The sun had fallen, and thus begins their second night since returning to Silent Hill.

It was so much worse than the first night. They had been running for over an hour without stopping. They had found nowhere to hide. And Yoona screaming every five minutes was starting to grate on Suho’s nerves.

Her need to show her fear so transparently was going to get them killed. It was one of the reasons they had to keep moving; if they stayed in one place for too long she would have alerted the creatures to their whereabouts.

Not bothering to wipe the sweat from his brow, Suho kept pumping forward, occasionally looking behind him to see if the other three were following. When he looked again, the third time in the past five minutes, he saw that Kris and Yoona had fallen more than a few meters behind himself and Jae. He was positive this was Yoona’s during and mentally cursed her.

He knew they wouldn’t have had this much trouble if she hadn’t showed up out of nowhere like the stalker girlfriend she is. Of course Suho would never say this aloud, let alone to Kris’ face. It wasn’t that he was trying to be a bad friend by lying, but rather that he was trying to be a good friend in supporting the others’ choices. Even if they were bad ones.

“Hurry the hell up! That thing is gaining on us!” Jae yelled making Suho wince from her close proximity.

Another downfall to Yoona being around was that Jae was more moody than she had been on the drive to finding Heather Mason. Not that she wasn’t moody then, she was always moody after all or at least since they had first escaped Silent Hill, but now she was extra, extra moody!

It did not make the male’s life easier which was already difficult since he was stuck in the grey place.

“We’re coming! Just keeping going,” Kris hollered to them. Neither brunette needed to be told twice. They didn’t want to have to face the thing that had found them as soon as night had fallen again.

 

Flashback

A few hours had passed since Alessa had visited them. They had spent that time holed in the hardware store, despite its lack of safety, to come up with a plan of attack…or rescue depending how you looked at it.

They knew their original scheme of barging into the grey, finding Miah, and getting the hell out of there had been blown to bits. Now they needed a real plan; one that would not only be to find the missing girl, but to also convince her to go with them since she obviously wasn’t all that unhappy here. Or at least that’s what it looked like to them.

Right when they had finished formulating their plan the sirens began to sound off.

All four of their heads popped up to look out the window. They could see the grey turning dark, and starting to produce a more threatening feel than its day version had.

“Maybe we should lock the doors,” Kris stated softly, his eyes never leaving the growing darkness.

Jae shook her head, her eyes also trained on the same fear inducing fog, “It won’t matter. Alessa already knows we’re here. She pretty much threatened us earlier; we can’t stay the night here.”

“M-maybe she’ll leave us alone though. I mean maybe she just wanted us scared ya know?” Yoona shakily replied.

Jae scoffed, “Scared?” She turned her blank stare to the thin girl next to Kris. “You have no idea what it is to be scared. But you will…once Alessa puts her threat into action.”

“Stop it,” the tall blonde said, “You aren’t helping anyone by making her more afraid.”

Jae scoffed again and threw a nasty look at Kris before dropping her gaze. Suho, having the clearest view of her face softened at the hurt only he could see. “She’s right though,” he placated, “Alessa has eyes everywhere. There is no where we can hide that she can’t find.”

“Then what do you suggest Mr. Leader?” Kris asked sarcastically.

Suho didn’t like the sass his friend was throwing at him, but he also knew he was the only one other than the two females that the taller male could release his frustrations on. He’d rather it be himself than them anyhow so he didn’t bother retaliating. Instead he shrugged, “We run, and we keep running until daylight comes or we find Miah. Whichever comes first.”

Kris opened his mouth to say something, but a noise from the backroom stops him.

All four of them look toward the door to the back office and gulp. “Not again,” Jae mumbles.

The sliding of a heavy metal against wood sends shivers down their spines. They wait with bated breath to see what would come through the door. Suho himself actually leaned a bit onto one leg, prepared to make a dash for it as soon as the situation turned bad. Despite his preparation though, he was not prepared for what happened next.

A soft whoosh was heard before a loud crash rocked them. The doorframe to the back room had shattered open causing wood shards to fly everywhere and the four to automatically cover their faces.

Yoona screamed loudly at the suddenness of it all, but began to wail bloody murder when her eyes landed on what caused the commotion.

Standing in what would have b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter