Sharon Da Silva

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXhoD9MUDts&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2aiWR_I7--B2pMgZDaVWkA5n

Miah could hear there screams in the distance. It was night again, and again Alessa had sent out her avengers to roam the streets. At first it was just the sirens that screeched harshly, but then human yelling began to be heard. They had found a few of the underground survivors Miah guessed. It didn’t happen often, but every once in a while one of the monsters would come across the humans and….do what monsters usually did; they slaughtered them.

Rolling onto her side, Miah burrowed into the hard mattress she called a bed. Even through its toughness, from the countless nights of sleeping in it, the bed had created an outline of her body. It cradled her warmly like a person’s arms. The closest thing she had to being held since THEY had escaped.

Miah’s room wasn’t very big, but enough to contain her bed, a desk, and small bureau. The room was one of many in the hotel her, Jung, and Suho had entered so long ago. It was the only hotel in the small town. Of course if she really wanted to Miah could have moved into one of the many abandoned houses in the suburbs, but she didn’t want that.

She didn’t want to live in a home that belonged to someone else. The witch would rather live in the teeny room that was open for travelers. To people without a home because that’s what she was now. A person without a home to go to; without a family to call her own.

Sure she had these things back in the real world, but here…in the grey….in Silent Hill she had nothing. Nothing but this room, her magic, and that red bound book that had once belonged to the human Alessa.

A knock sounded on her bedroom door. With a wave of her hand it swung open to reveal a nurse with a face mask, and blonde hair. It was human Alessa’s nurse. “It’s time,” the woman said softly. “So it is,” Miah replied getting up from her bed.

She followed the nurse out the room, closing the door behind her. No need to lock it though. Who would dare go into it? She was  a witch after all. The humans still around had come to fear her long ago. They wouldn’t risk her fury by pillaging it.

Miah and the nurse exited the hotel, walking silently along the side walk toward the hospital Alessa was waiting for them at. They didn’t say anything about the siren, they didn’t mention the monsters they saw out of the corner of their eyes, and they didn’t wonder about the screaming that had suddenly ceased. They never talked; nothing past the few necessary words they occasionally exchanged. They weren’t friends; they weren’t comrades. The nurse was merely another servant of Alessas, and Miah the child’s only pupil.

Once inside the hospital the nurse went her own way; down to the basement floor, down to the human Alessa. Miah moved down the hall, left, then a right, up a staircase, and entered the first door on the left. It was one of the surgery rooms, and also the room Dark Alessa had turned into their training station. It was where they practiced magic; shaped Miah’s powers. It was a room the brown haired girl had grown accustomed to.

“Shall we continue illusions today?” Miah asks coldly. From atop the surgery table in the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter