Coffee

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSPww9fJ4NY&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2aghOdJ9J9t1zuHs8RhoaQVK

Jae’s fingers drum against the wooden table rhythmically. She’s annoyed, and could at any moment explode.

Suho sips his green tea latte slowly. He is bored, and slightly wary of the girl across from him.

Silence remains their seat mate until finally she just can’t handle it anymore. “Yah! Where the hell is he? It’s been almost an hour! I have things to do you know.” Suho sighs, “He said he’ll be here soon. Just wait a little bit longer.” “That was fifteen minutes ago! How much longer do I need to wait? I could have just told you everything I found, and you could have told him. There’s no need for us all to be together. Hell I could have emailed the stuff to you,” she growls irritated.

“Just a little longer. I’m sure he’s rushing as fast as he can.” “Tck, who schedules a date when they already have plans with someone else.” “I’m sure it was something important,” Suho defends. “Important my . He probably just took her shopping.”

The bell over the café door dings indicating a new patron has entered. The two at the table look over like they have every time it sounded since their arrival, and much to their luck this time it was in fact the person they were waiting for. Kris Wu.

“Finally,” Jae commented as he took a seat. Rolling his eyes, Suho slid over a now cold cappuccino. “We got this for you when you texted you were on your way. Although the foam has melted…a tad.” Kris smiled thankfully and took a sip. He didn’t like cold coffee’s but it would do since it was his fault it got cold in the first place. “Thanks.”

“Can we get on with it then?” the female said seizing her, until then, restless fingers. Kris nodded, and Suho sighed in relief. The latter wasn’t fond of being left alone with upset women. While on the silver screen he seemed like the most suave, and cool kind of guy; in reality he was awkward and unsure. Of course only his closest female friends knew this though. Well…Jae and Miah that is. They were the only ones to get close enough to him to see past his good looking persona.

Jae clapped her hands and pushed her empty coffee mug away. It had been her sixth cup that day, the third at the actual café, and she was feeling a bit jittery because of it. “I searched everywhere online; I went to multiple libraries, and I even interviewed a few people who had some kind of connection to Silent Hill. To start off, the history portion matched pretty well to what you told us that woman Christabella said to you and Miah,” she said looking toward Suho at the end.

“Okay well that can be helpful. I’m not sure how, but knowing about its past is better than not knowing,” the actor nods. “What about the people you interviewed. How were they connected?” Kris chimed in. Jae glares at the blonde, but decides his question is too important to ignore. “Apparently there was this incident a few years ago. Just a few months after we escaped. I got to talk to one of the investigators on the case.”

“Go on,” Suho leans in; Kris doing the same. Something happening there after they left was really surprising. Even more so that they hadn’t heard anything until now.

“Well,” Jae tilts her head, “That girl, Alessa. The one that we kept hearing about. Apparently she was tortured by the members of the church like you were told. She was laid on a metal grating or something over hot coals. She practically burned alive, or would have if the firefighters and police hadn’t come to stop the atrocity.”

“,” Kris breathed a little too loudly. People around them gave them annoyed looks so the three leaned closer together and spoke in softer tones. “That’s horrible,” Suho whispered. He had really hoped what he and Miah had been told was a lie, or at the very least an exaggeration. Turns out it was even worse than what he thought.

Jae nods, “Yeah, and that’s not all. She was put up in a hospital because she couldn’t do anything for herself after that. Most her body was burned, and even moving a finger was supposedly like stepping on needles for her. When she was 18 or so she was by a male nurse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter