Pojangmacha

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7BHjZjsF8&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ah-gfnqojU7lSjXU0ufBvnw

“Still wearing that hoodie I see,” a familiar voice said from behind Kris. He blinked, a smile unknowingly curling his lips, and turned to her. “Jae.” She rolled her eyes and brushed past him leaving a trail of sweet perfume in her wake. The tall blonde followed her like a lost puppy; the two of them taking their seats across from one another at Suho’s table.

Suho raised a hand to the lady that ran the place, “Two more soju bottles, and beer, as well as two glasses.” When he received a nod from the older woman he let his arm slide back to his mug and greeted the two old friends. “Hey guys, how are you?”

Kris gave a small smile, “Alright, been studying for my LSAT’s. What about you? Is it true your filming a new movie?” Before Suho could reply, Jae scrunched her nose and butted in. “You smell like a bar. How long have you been here?”

Kris frowned at her forwardness. It’s not that he thought she was wrong, just that she could have been a bit more tactful.

The one in question scratched his head embarrassed, “Uh, a while. I had nothing to do after filming ended so I thought I’d just stop here a tad early.” Jae narrowed her eyes, “How early is early? Had the sun at least gone down?” When Suho ruffled his hair again, and looked away she sighed and gave up. Not like he could take back all the alcohol he already consumed.

“What about you? How’s life for you Jae?” Kris asked. It was half an attempt to get the heat off his ex-best friend, and half to dig into his ex-girlfriends personal life.

She lazily turned her glare on him, “Fun.” Her answer was short, and not at all revealing. Fun. That could mean absolutely anything. Fun as in not at all fun? Or maybe fun like I’m having the best time of my life without you. Kris couldn’t tell which, and it only served to frustrate him more than his already incessant annoyance at not being able to grab the petite girl and crush her to his chest.

“I see. How’s work?” He was digging for information. If he knew Jae the way he thought he did, as long as he asked specific questions she would answer. He was right.

She blew her hair out of her face and took a swig of the recently arrived long neck. “Busy. Lots of cases these days. Although we did get a new person recently. His name is Luhan. He’s an ex-cop like me.”

 Kris frowned at this. He didn’t like the idea of her having something in common with any guy. That kind of thing can lead to talking, then to laughing, then to marriage. He didn’t like that idea at all. Not one bit.

“I see” he drawled before picking up his own beer. “Since we’re all here why don’t we get down to business.” He didn’t really want to, but he couldn’t think of any other way to steer Jae’s mind away from that Luhan kid. What kind of name is Luhan anyway?

Suho sighed and raised his glass. Might as well get it over with. “To Junggie, and Miah,” his voice cracked slightly at her name; his eyes darting to just in front him. This wasn’t missed by Jae. It was part of job description to pick up such tales.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter