Lies, Lies, and More Lies

In the Middle of Love and War

"Those BTS guys came in and ..." Zico's voice faded away in my thoughts. 'BTS? Is that what there called? What were they doing in our house? Why would they go there?'

"Why did they overstep boundries? Did you guys do something to provoke them?" I was to curious as to why they would go on opposing turf. In situations like this there's always a reason.

"We haven't had any interaction with them whatsoever, we've been focused soley on LC9 and getting rid of them".

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the three-way".

"Haven't been there in a while". The three-way was one of Block B's many hide-outs that were scattered all around the city in case of an emergency. The reason why it was called the three-way is because there are three different secret emergency exits throughout the place so that in case of a raid you could find a way out no matter where you are and you can leave without a trace and you wouldn't be followed out by the enemy. Each of the hide-outs was stocked with necessities like clothing, food, and weapons for protection. A sudden thought came to mind and fright ran through my body. 'What if Zico was followed? What if they saw him pick me up? What if they recognized me?'."Did you make sure they didn't follow you out?" I asked.

"No we took the cars from the underground garage". The underground garage was below ground and was packed with six different cars in case of emergencies. To avoid being followed in situations like this, the underground garage started from below our building and finished by exiting at another building that was three streets away.

"That's a relief" I sighed.

"You need to stop going to that school" Zico's safety lecture was about to start. "It's too dangerous for you there, they might find out who you are and use you against us".

"No! I'm not going to stop going somewhere I like because of something that I have nothing to do with!" I started to shout. Zico slammed the brakes and turned to face me.

"You will stop going there because I said so! There is nothing for you there that you can't have at Hanji".

"Friends! I actually have friends there Zico! Do you know how long it's been since I had a friend that has nothing to do with the mafia? Do you know how long it's been since I had a NORMAL friend? Huh?". Tears started streaming down my cheeks out of anger and frustration while I talked.

"I'm sorry sweety" Zico leaned over and used his thumb to wipe away my tears but I swatted his hand.

"I'll see you at the three-way later. And don't you dare follow me" I glared at him and then got out of the car and slammed the door. I waited for him to drive off before I started walking around. I was about ten minutes away, walking distance, from school but I didn't want to go back. Instead of going back I walked into a coffee shop nearby and ordered an ice coffee, I needed time to think things over. I sat down and started to analyze the situation point by point.

'Yoongi is in a gang. Zico hates that gang. They are a rival gang. I've already interacted with him. Is it to late to backtrack? Or will I be able to maintain my identity hidden until graduation? I won't lie about who I am, I just won't tell the entire truth. God knows I've been doing it my whole life anways, what's another 9 months? ' There were too many things that could happen to predict the possible counsequences of me staying in Seoul High School.

"I'm staying and that's that!" I lightly pounded my fist on the table I was at, signal triumph in my decision.

"Staying where ditcher?" I heard a voice behind me and turned to see Yoongi there while his gang was at the front counter ordering drinks.

"Omo, you scared me!". 'What are they doing here? What if they did see Zico and me earlier?'

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" he chuckled and sat down in front of me. "Answer my question, where are you staying?" he insisted.

"Seoul High School" I was gonna try and not lie as much as possible.

"Why would you leave? It's barely the first day and you want to leave already?".

"My brother wants me to go somewhere else".

"Don't you live around here? Why would you go somewhere further?" He asked confused.

'If only you knew ... ' I couldn't help but feel bad for not telling the truth but it was for my own good. "He's just scared that I'll have a hard time like at my last school. If it were up to him I would be home schooled".

"Why did you have a hard time at your old school?" He asked curiously.

"People didn't like me" The memories replayed in my head and made me sad.

"I like you" He smiled.

"Thanks, I kinda like you too. You're not as bad as people think you are" I smiled and laughed.

"Oh I'm bad" He said doing his best tough guy pose "I'm just not mean to you".

"Not anymore but you were" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry about that" He laughed. "So why'd you ditch ditcher?".

"I told my brother to take me out because I wasn't feeling too good" I lied. "Why did you ditch?".

"We just left to hang out and do nothing" He stated simply.

'LIAR ... You were at my house destroying my things!' I thought.

"Liar" I muttered under my breath.

"What? I couldn't hear you".

"Nothing. Hey well I'll see you later, I'm gonna walk around and explore" I stood and waved to him, heading to the door.

"Wait, I'll come with you!" He stood and caught up to me. I just nodded and at the door he called back to s saying he would see them later. "Where do you wanna go?".

"I don't know, since I just moved to the neighborhood I don't really know what there is to do around here".

"Then I'll be your personal tour guide today" He smiled and linked arms with me.

"You being nice to me is weird" I made a creeped out face.

"Fine I won't show you anything" He let go of my arm and pouted.

"You are seriously the worst thug I have ever known" I laughed.

"Do you want me to show you around or not?" He ignored my insult.

"Sure" I smiled.

"Okay, it's a date!" He smiled again.

'DATE?'

------------

Please comment what you think :)

Subscribe and Thanks for Reading ^^