First Day Pt. 1

In the Middle of Love and War

"You're gonna be fine. You can make friends. Everything will be great." I stared at myself in the mirror trying to calm my first day of school nerves.

"I still don't want you to go there" Zico said as he passed my door and into the bathroom. I followed him to the bathroom and stood in the open door while he brushed his teeth.

"I'll be fine, please don't worry about me".

"Jin Hee I will always worry about you. When you're not around I worry that you might get hurt and when you are around I worry even more that you'll get hurt".

"I will be safe" I broke out into a smile with his endearing words.

"Call me when you're out for lunch to make sure you're okay. If ANYONE messes with you, you make sure you let me know" He smiled.

"Alright, I'm leaving" I waved goodbye and got my backpack. I had to leave earlier than most students because the commute was longer for me, but I didn't mind. I waved goodbye to the door man and called a taxi.

"Annyeonghasayo Ahjusshi, Seoul High School please" I told the driver.

"Nae agasshi" He smiled.

When we pulled up to the school I was still in shock at how large the campus was. I had been here once before when I came to register and what was suppose to take me thirty minutes took me about an two hours because I got lost. I was still scared of getting lost but I'd figure it out. I hope.

"Gomawoyo" I gave the driver my money and stepped out.

'Breath, just breath. Everything will be alright" I whispered to myself as I passed the entrance gate and inside. I still had about an hour till school actually started so I decided to walk around and make sure I knew where all my classes would be.

"English, Math, Science, Photography, Social Studies, Piano" I went over my schedule and tried to figure out where everything was. "English, English, where are you English?"

"It's that room over there" someone was towering over me looking down at the paper in my hands while I stood in the middle of an almost empty hallway. I turned and saw Jun, the guy from the park, with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, it's you!" I was actually really happy to see him because being around him made me less self-consious of being the new kid.

"It's me!" he smiled again.

"How do you know that's the English class?" I wondered as we looked through the windows into the large classroom.

"I came early to find everything before school started, I'm assuming you're doing the same?" He looked over at me as I nodded. "We have this class together"."

"Jeongmal? Thank goodness I won't be the only new kid!" I jumped and did a happy dance that made Jun laugh.

We went over our schedule's and saw that we had four classes together in total, English, Science, Social Studies, and Piano.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" I shook my head no at his question. "Let's go eat downstairs at the cafeteria?"

"Alright" I smiled. It took me a while to realize that people where staring at Jun, probably because he was so good-looking.

'As if being the new kids didn't make us standing out enough as it is'.

When we grabbed trays of food and sat down we kept talking and slowly the cafeteria started to fill up with more and more students.

"I actually have a friend who is also starting new this year but he is a second year, his name is AO" Jun told me. " I think you'd really like him...."

All the sound in the room slowly decreased when the main doors of the cafeteria opened and in walked seven guys in formation. My eyes scanned them quickly from left to right. The one on the far right had ruffled dirty blonde hair and was making flirty eyes at a group of girls, making them giggle. When he looked away from them he smirked as if saying 'Never gonna happen'. The guy next to him looked about the same age but he had dark brown hair instead and he was also looking at a group but instead of making flirty eyes he flashed them smile. His smirk said something like 'Ha! Stupid girls' and for some reason I felt bad for them. The guy next to him had spiked up black hair and a serious face, not really looking at anything but instead to busy focused on looking 'tough'.  The tall one in the middle was wearing sunglasses and by his position in the formation I could tell he was the leader. He was the guy who threatened me at the restaurant, 'Sunglasses inside, what an idiot' I thought. Next to him was the bandanna that I couldn't seem to get rid of for the past few days and for the first time I saw his face, 'Ehh, nothing special'. It was obvious that he was second in charge, the right hand man of the leader. After him was a tall handsome looking guy with light brown hair and although he didn't seem like much of a tough guy you could tell he wasn't one to be messed with. Next to the tall guy was a a kid who looked like a baby, maybe a middle schooler who wondered on to campus. 'That kid can't possibly be in high school' I didn't think it was possible but by the way he walked with the rest of the group I could he definately was. They scanned the room and for some odd reason they stopped and stared directly at our table, not at me but at Jun. Jun slowly turned his body to me and I knew he could feel the glares burning into the back of his head.

'Why are they looking at us?'

They all walked to a round table that hadn't been touched by anyone and sat down. The leader made a motion to someone in the cafeteria staff and suddenly a line of women carrying one tray each shuffled over to the table placing a tray infront of each member.

"You've got to be kidding me" I whispered to myself as I watched. Slowly the noise started to come back and everything went back to normal.

"Hey let's get out of here yeah? We can look for AO so I can introduce you guys" He smiled and I nodded. We walked past the table of guys and I tried to act as though I didn't see them. 'Do they remember me from before?'

After walking around for about ten minutes of looking for AO we gave up and went to class. Jun promised to introduce us later. Our first class went pretty good, Song seonsengnim was a really nice lady. After class Jun dropped me off in Math class and said he would come for me so we could go together to Science.

"I'll see you later" he smiled and waved.

"Bye" I smiled and waved back. I walked into class and decided to sit in the back row and waited for the class to start. When everyone was seated the teacher began by introducing himself.

"Good morning everyone! My name is Han seonsengnim and I'm your Mat-" he was interrupted by a loud slam and everyone turned their attention to the door. The bandanna guy walked in and didn't even turn to look at the teacher but instead just looked around for a seat and the only seat available was the one in front of me. He made his way over but instead of sitting he stood in front of me and stared me down.

"What are you looking at?" I asked staring back up at him.

"Move" he ordered.

"Why should I?".

"That's my seat, move now".

"If this is your first time in a third level science class then this isn't your seat because you've never been in here before. If this is your second try at passing this class well ... that just means your stupid" I couldn't stand the thought of him walking around thinking he could boss everyone around, his attitude reminded me too much of Zico.

"Move before I make you" he said through gritted teeth.

I stood up to match up his height.

"Make me".

-------------------------

Late night update, tell me what you think :)

Comment., Subscribe, and Thanks for Reading^^