The End Where We Begin

In the Middle of Love and War

“Ow…” I opened my sleepy eyes slowly and grimaced at the sore pain I felt going through my entire body. I was face up on a bed that was at an incline, resting on a fluffy pillow, and covered with a weird fleece blanket. I was in a hospital. I tried sitting up but my arms collapsed under my weight. I gave up quickly and just fell back on the pillow.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Yoongi shot up from the couch he was dozing off on and ran to my side. “Take it easy baby.” He helped me readjust myself.

“Thanks.” I croaked. My voice was scratchy and tired. I looked around and no one else was in the room. Where is everyone?

“All the guys are back at the hotel, it’s midnight and the nurses sent them home and told them to come back tomorrow.” He explained, as if reading my mind. I relaxed and then another thought came into my mind. Where is Jin? My eyes widened and I tried to sit up again.

“Hey, hey, hey!” He said again. “Jin is in a room down the hall and Rap Monster is there with him, he’s okay.” I calmed down and just laid there. “How do you feel?” He pulled up a chair and sat next to me.

“Like poo.” I said and he laughed. Everything went silent after that and we just sat there in each other’s company. I watched his fingers linger lightly over the blankets and towards my hand. His hand continued to move until he had my hand in his and slowly caressed it. He was holding my hand like it was the most delicate of flowers and any sudden movement would disturb its peace. “I’ve missed you.” He said, not looking at me. “I’ve missed you so much.”

I didn’t speak. I didn’t speak for a variety of reasons. First, I couldn’t. The drugs were starting to wear off and every single one of my movements hurt. Second, I felt like Yoongi was trying to vent and I should give him the opportunity to speak his mind freely.

“I’ve been asking myself so many questions since the last time I saw you, months ago. Where is she? What is she doing? Why hasn’t she come to see me? Doesn’t she care about me? When I got out of the hospital and I didn’t see you there, waiting for me, I felt my heart break a little. When the guys finally told me that you’d left me, I was really angry. I felt like you had done something awful to me, something I didn’t deserve but then, when I thought back on my time in the hospital, I realized I was the one that did something awful to you. I treated you like garbage and …” He paused. “There’s so much I could say but I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry.” He lifted my weak hand and kissed it lightly. “Please forgive me.”

“You’re forgiven.” I said, half smiling. I wanted to tell him how much I missed him and how I was always up to date with his recovery. I wanted to tell him that I had Namjoon text me every single day, letting me know how he was doing and stuff. I wanted to tell him that I had been thinking about him non-stop since the moment I left but I didn’t. Instead, I interlocked my fingers with his and, using the little energy I had, moved over and patted the space next to me on the bed. He stood and laid next to me, playing with my hair. Soon enough, we both drifted off to sleep.


“Hey there noona, how are you feeling?” Jimin and Taehyung walked into my room the next morning with big smiles.

“I’m alright.” I smiled and hugged them as best I could.

“Here.” Yoongi said, holding up some soup to my lips. It was breakfast time and he was spoon feeding me. I took a sip of the soup and felt the warmth go through my body.

“Do you know how long I’ll be here?” I asked out loud to no one in specific.

“A week, maybe two tops? However long it takes for you to recover.” Jimin said.

“It doesn’t matter how long you’re in here, I’m going to be by your side every step of the way.” Yoongi said, my arm. I smiled. The boys stayed with me for most of the day, only leaving so that Rap Monster, Jungkook, and J-Hope could come in and visit. Yoongi had a hard time leaving when the other boys came in but there couldn’t be more than three visitors in my room at a time. “Call me if you need anything okay? I’ll be right outside if you need me.” He said before leaving, kissing my forehead. We all watched him leave, Rap Mon, J-Hope, and Jungkook all sitting around my bed.

“Are you okay? You know, with him?” J-Hope asked.

“I think so.” I said. “I’m so happy to be with him again but I just don’t want this anymore.” I said while pointing towards all the machines I was hooked up to. “I don’t want to end up here, like this, ever again. And to stay with him, with you guys, I’m scared that it’ll happen again. I’m scared that he won’t be there to protect me, I’m scared out of my mind that what happened to Jin will happen to any of you and I won’t be able to help, I’m scared to lose you all, I’m scared that … I’m just so scared.” I looked down at my lap because I felt the tears coming and I didn’t want them to see.

“Hey…” Namjoon reached out and held my hand. “You are not going to lose us like that, we’re going to be with you no matter what.”

“How can you be so sure?” I cried.

“We’ve moved past that, past it all. We’re trying to become better people for you, for ourselves and for our future.” He said. “We’ve been off the radar for quite some time, we’ve come clean, and we’re on the road to better things.” He smiled.

“Really?” I asked and he nodded.

“What about Yoongi?”

“He’s doing it too, for you.” Jungkook said warmly. Hearing their words comforted me so my tears ceased but I still had a hint of doubt in me. Actions speak louder than words and I wouldn’t trust Yoongi, or any of the boys for that matter, until I saw some real change.

“We want you to feel safe when you come home.” J-Hope said.

“Thank you.” I smiled. “So how is Jin doing?” I changed the subject.

“He’s recovering quickly, thankfully he didn’t have too much internal damage.” They explained.

“Good.” I said.

“He’s been asking about you.” Jungkook said. “A lot.”

“Can I see him?”

“Let us talk to the nurses and see if it is okay.”

“Alright.” Both Namjoon and Jungkook left and I was expecting Yoongi to come in to the room soon after but too my surprise, he didn’t. Only Hoseok stayed with me. We sat in silence for a couple minutes and I kept thinking about life after the hospital, what things would be like when I went home. I was swimming in a pool of thoughts, hoping I wouldn’t drown.

“Oppa…”

“Yes?”

“Is everything going to be okay?” I asked, my eyebrows knit together, worried. He grabbed my bruised hands and it soothingly.

“It’s going to be perfectly fine, I promise.”


“How are you feeling pretty girl?” Nurse Jang Ok, the nurse that had been taking care of me, walked in and started giving me my check-up.

“Much better, thank you.” I was sitting up in my bed with Yoongi at my side.

“Well, everything is looking much better for only one week. You’re recovering a lot faster than I expected. At this rate, you’ll be out of here in a matter of days.” She talked while she looked at my medical charts. “Because you’re doing so well, we’re going to take you off the morphine all together, okay? You won’t feel it right away but soon enough, your body is going to start feeling sore and a little pained. Now don’t worry, it won’t be too much to handle, you’re a strong girl.” She smiled. Nurse Jang Ok fiddled around with the machines I was hooked up to and removed what I could only assume was the morphine. “I’ll be back in a few hours to see how you’re feeling.” She left the room and we were alone again.

“I have a surprise for you.” Yoongi smiled suspiciously.

“What is it?” He stood up and went outside into the hallway for something. When he returned, there was someone with him but I couldn’t see who because they were holding a big bouquet of beautiful bright flowers. The only thing I could tell was that the person was really small.

“Surprise!” Yoongi grabbed the bouquet and Mi Rae jumped out from behind them.

“Omo!” I was completely surprised to see her. “Hi sweetheart, how are you?” I extended my arms out to her and Yoongi picked her up and sat her down next to me on the bed.

“I’m good unnie, how are you feeling? Oppa told me you’re sick.” A small frown crept onto her faceas she caressed my bruised cheek with her small hand.

“I’m feeling much better, especially now that you’re here.” I smiled. She hugged me and refused to leave my side, just like her brother. Mi Rae and Yoongi stayed with me all day until she fell fast asleep in my arms.

“Let me take her.” Suga took her into his arms. “I’ll be back as soon as I take her home, alright?” It was already late out and the other boys had gone home, except for Namjoon who was with Jin.

“Come back tomorrow baby, it’s late already and I don’t want you to drive so much at night, especially when you’re so tired.” He hesitated but reluctantly agreed.

“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll be here.” I joked. He leaned over and kissed me goodbye. He started walking for the door and right when he was about to walk out the door, he turned back to look at me.

“Baby?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

A smile spread across my lips, I couldn’t help it.

“I love you too.”

With that, he was gone. I sat in my empty room and didn’t feel the urge to sleep so I the TV and scanned through the channels. About 10 minutes later, I heard a light knock on the door.

“Come in.” I called out. The door opened and it was Jin. He was in a wheelchair, so he rolled in, shut the door behind him.

“Hi there.” He whispered. “How are you?” He smiled. I felt a wave a relief surge through me when I saw how much better he looked. I hadn’t been able to visit him prior to this because I was still very weak according to the doctors.

“Much better.” I smiled.

“Good.” He said. “I came here to tell you something.” His tone of voice changed to a more serious one.

“What is it?”

“I’m being released tomorrow.” He smiled slightly.

“That’s wonderful Jin!” I congratulated him.

“I have more news.”

“Oh?”

“I’m flying to Taiwan tomorrow, with my mother and father.” I heard his words and my heart sank a bit.

“That’s great Jin, really great.” I smiled. “I’m going to miss you so much.” I reached out and hugged him.

“I felt it’d be better to say our goodbyes now, tomorrow is going to be hectic and it won’t be as personal.” He smiled. We talked for about an hour, laughing and even crying a few tears. “I should go now.” He gathered some strength and stood up to kiss my forehead. “I’m going to miss you Jin Hee.”

“I’m going to miss you too.”

He sat back down and rolled his chair to the door, opened it, and was about to roll out when he turned back to me one more time.

“Jin Hee?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I smiled and that was the last time I saw him.


The following week after Jin’s departure, I myself was ready to be released from the hospital.

“Are you ready pretty girl?” Nurse Jang Ok was helping me zip up my jacket because it was almost time for me to go.

“Yes.” I smiled.

“Good luck sweetheart.” She placed her hands on the sides of my arms and stared at me kindly.

“Thank you.” She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. At that moment, Yoongi walked in so we could leave.

“You take care of her, alright?” She patted Yoongi’s back and he nodded.

“Yes ma’am.” Nurse Jang Ok waved goodbye and left the room. “Ready baby?”

“Yes.” I smiled and stood up, grabbing my bags and walked towards him. He helped me with my stuff and we went down to the lobby where everyone was waiting.

“Noona!” The boys cheered when the elevator doors opened.

“Unnie!” Mi Rae yelled as well. I walked towards them and they handed me a bouquet of flowers, balloons, and a stuffed bear.

“Thanks guys.” I felt so happy being out of that bed, walking, and seeing faces I felt I hadn’t seen in so long.

“Do you want to go out to celebrate noona?” Jungkook asked.

“We can go out and eat somewhere!” Jimin exclaimed.

“We’ll order tons of food, rent some movies, or video games and eat at home, she’s not supposed to go out just yet.” Yoongi instructed. Jungkook, Jimin, and V left in a taxi and went to order some take out, they’d meet us at home. J-Hope and Rap Monster went to the video store to rent some movies and would meet us at home as well. Yoongi, Mi Rae and I were the last to leave. We loaded the bags into the car and headed home. To my surprise, it wasn’t the home I expected. We pulled up to a large apartment complex where I had never been before. We went into the lobby and up to the third floor in the elevators. I followed Yoongi and Mi Rae down the hall and they stopped at one door marked 3C.

“Where are we?” I asked. He opened the door and I went inside. It was a beautiful apartment with white walls all around, the furthest wall completely made of glass. The couches were white with dark brown throw pillows spread across them for décor. I looked around and the apartment was amazing.

“We’re in a place where I promise you and I are going to be happy.” He grabbed my hands as we walked throughout the large apartment, Mi Rae jumping around behind us. “This is where we’re going to start with a clean slate. We’re going to have good lives here, with good jobs and great memories as a family. We’ll be people of honor, decent people. I’m going to try and give you the life you’ve always wanted here if only you’ll let me. Can I?”

“Yes.” I nodded, feeling my cheeks flushing with happiness.

“Then ask me one more time where we are.” He smiled, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me close.

“Yoongi-ah, where are we?”

“Baby, we’re home.


The end!

Thank you very much to my subbies, all the readers, everyone for supporting my story ^^

I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please support my other stories :)

Much love, your loyal authornim ^^