You again?

In the Middle of Love and War

I woke up to bright sunlight coming in through the window and headed towards Zico's bedroom but he wasn't there. I checked the living room and saw him sleeping on the couch. I analyzed every inch of his face and made a quick overview of his body checking for any potential injuries. His cheeks were covered in dry blood that had dripped down from an open wound on his forhead and his arm had a deep knife wound.

"Will you ever change?" I said almost whispering.

I made my way into the bathroom for our emergency first aid kit and I started to treat him. Nursing wounds had become such a frequent thing for me that I somehow taught myself how to stitch an open wound and heal a broken finger, I could be a nurse if I wanted to thanks to Block B. I finished stitching his forhead and started disinfecting the cut on his arm when he woke up from his deep sleep.

"Hey" he said looking up at me.

"Hi" I didn't look at his face knowing that it would frustrate me to see the smile on his face, displaying how proud he was of his wounds. "How do you feel?".

"Headache but nothing major. I've come back from worst than this" he smirked.

"I know you have, don't you remember who fixed you all those times you've come back?" I said still not looking at him.

"We took the car and ran into those LC9 gu-" he began to tell me the story of last nights fight but I interrupted.

"I don't wannna know what happened" I said in a serious tone."Did everyone get out safely? That's my main concern".

"All of our guys are fine but one guy from LC9 was shot in the arm thanks to yours truly" he smiled.

"That's not something to be proud of" I rolled my eyes and put the first aid kit away.

'I hope he's okay' I thought.

After that I showered, got dressed, and headed out the door at exactly 10 a.m.

"I'm going out to the shops, alone and I'll be back at 8 p.m"

"That's too late come back at 6 p.m" Zico ordered.

"I will be back at 8 p.m" I said and shut the door behind me, knowing that today I would have to stay late for work.

On the elevator I sighed and try to shake off the turbulent start of my day.

"Just another day".
____________________

"Bye, Thank you and come again!" I said to the last customers as they stepped out of the restaurant. I locked up behind them and began to clean up. Today was my turn to close up and all the other employee's had already left. When I was done sweeping and cleaning tables I went to the locker rooms to change and headed home.

"Where is a taxi when you need one?" I stared at the street, tons of cars passing but not one of them was a taxi. It was getting dark and fast. "I'll just go home on the bus". The next bus stop was three blocks away and I had fifteen minutes to get there before the next bus stopped there. I started walking and after five minutes I could see the bus stop.

"Hey, nice bag you got there" I heard someone say and at the same time I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw a trio of girls dressed as so called thugs.

'This is your idea of intimidating? Please' I thought and scoffed.

"Thanks" I said not feeling scared whatsoever. The only benefit of growing up in the mobster world was that it takes a lot to scare you. That and you learn to defend yourself whether you want to or not because like it or not someday it will save your life.

"I kinda want it" she said to me while the other two girls just stood in the back smiling like idiots trying act tough.

"The store is over there" I pointed across the street and appearantly my response surprised her, as she expected to scare me but failed.

"Give it to me" she tried sounding tough.

"I can't at the moment because I have stuff in there so you see the inconvenience but give me your number and I'll call you when it's empty so you an come pick it up" I smiled and she was shocked at my response.

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"No ma'm" I chuckled and I could tell she was getting angry. Thinking she would catch me off guard or defenseless she grabbed my arm and pinned me to the wall and at the same time took out an army knife from her back pocket. Just to amuse myself I let her.

"Give it to me now!" she shouted in my face.

"Tae Hee what's going on?" I heard a deep voice come from behind the two girls that were still just watching. The two girls moved aside and revealed three guys, the one in the middle wearing a bandanna in his hair and the other two just wore caps. All three of them had something covering most of their faces which only made their eyes visible.

'I'd recognize those ridiculous outfits anywhere. That's one of the guys from the restaurant and the rest of his posse' I thought to myself.

"Isn't it obvious she's trying to mug me?" I said to him almost sarcastically. "Hey you know what? I gotta catch the next bus so I'll make this quick" I said to the girl, Tae Hee. I grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back pushing her against the wall and snatching the knife away from her other hand, holding it to her neck. "What's it feel like to be on the other end?" She stood speechless and quivered in fear as I started to move the knife threatning to plunge it into her skin at any moment. I laughed as I watched her so called toughness melt away into fear and then let her go. I closed the army knife and tossed it to the guy who was also in a bit of shock. "You better tell your girl to watch herself, next time I might not be so patient" I winked as I quoted his partner from the restaurant who had threatened me before.

I started walking towards the bus stop not once looking back. I'll admit I was scared out of my mind but I've been pushed around so many times in my life and I was sick of it. And plus that was one of my favorite bags, I wasn't gonna give up that easy.
_________________

 

"How was your day?" Zico asked from the couch as I walked in. I smiled at him and he eyed me suspiciously.

"Ehh, the usual".


:)

---------------------------

Firstly, how awesome is the new poster? :D

Thanks to Les XOXO graphic shop for the great work!

Please Comment, Subscribe, and Thanks for Reading^^