Another Day at Work

In the Middle of Love and War

"What's the update on those LC9 guys?" I heard Zico ask out loud in one of his so-called meetings as I passed by the open doors.

Who is LC9? I try to be the least bit involved in his affairs but from what I heard they're some gang that somehow took control over the central region of Busan and a small part of Seoul. I heard they're violent freaks who don't know how to settle things with words, but then again in this world no one does. I made my way into the kitchen for breakfast and ate alone. This is almost an everyday thing but I choose not to complain, I'd rather be alone in peace and quiet than accompanied by talks of shoot outs and violence. When I was finished I washed the dishes I used and grabbed my bag while heading towards the door.

"I'm leaving, I'll be back whenever" I shouted while heading out before I could be stopped.

"Wait one minute!" I heard Zico yell at me and I stopped to hear the same lecture of everyday. "Where are you going? Who will you be with? What time exactly will you be back?"

"I'm going to the library,  I will be with no one, and I will be back at 5 p.m." I rolled my eyes without him seeing.

"Alright, make sure you have your phone on and with you at all times. And be safe!" He pulled me in for a hug and leaned down to try and kiss me but I pulled away before he could. I've always known that his intentions were good but I could never possibly return his love, he was like the brother that I never had. He had been by my side through the hardest moments I have ever had and I will forever be grateful to him but my love for him will never go beyond that. I just wish he would understand.

I made my way downstairs to the lobby of our building and waved good morning to the door man and stepped out. I called a taxi and gave him directions to a restaurant where I worked. I had to lie to Zico almost everyday about where I went, if he knew that I had a job I know he would make me quit immediately. I would get in so much trouble being that the restaurant was in a neighborhood controlled by another gang. "Your safety is at risk." I could almost hear his voice in my head lecturing me. The only reason I even had this job was to save money and get as far away as I possibly from this life and start new somewhere else. Sometimes I choose to believe that the only reason I haven't been killed by an opposing gang is because no one knows I'm associated to Block B, Zico's gang.

"Gomawoyo Ahjusshi." I handed the taxi driver my money and headed inside.

"Annyeonghasayo Jin Hee-sshi." My boss greeted me as I walked in.

I bowed and headed for the locker rooms to change into my uniform. I looked in the mirror and prepped myself to turn into the happy waitress version of myself that was nice to everyone. I walked out and headed over to my first table. They were two guys sitting at the table, both wearing sunglasses but one had a bandanna in his hair and the other didn't. They were both wearing excessive jewelry. How ridiculous I thought.

"Good morning, how are you all today?" I greeted them with my best fake smile.

"Fine." They replied not once looking at me.

Here I am trying my best not to be rude and this is how you answer? I wanted to yell but I kept it in my thoughts.

"Here are your menu's and what would you like to drink?" I asked giving up on my happy talk.

"I'll have orange juice and he'll have chocolate milk." One of the boys from the table replied still not looking at me.

Manly drinks, they fit your tough guy looks. I thought sarcastically and wanted to laugh but I managed control myself.

"Also an extra coffee." He added.

"Alright they'll be out right away." I said and left.

When I came back with their drinks, I took their orders and went back to the kitchen to give them to the cook. When they were ready I took the plates back to the table and placed them in front of them. Without meaning to I heard what they were talking about.

"We're starting school next week, I want you to make sure you find out if any of those LC9 guys are going to be attending. I don't want them to think that just because we don't know much about them they can just come on our turf whenever they feel like and we won't find out."

LC9? What do you know about LC9? Omo, you must be members of the controlling gang around here. I thought as I poured more coffee into his cup.

"Yah! Pay attention will you!" I heard someone yelling and interrupting my thoughts. When I snapped back to reality I realized that I had poured too much coffee in the cup and now it was overflowing.

"Omo, mianhaeyo!" I grabbed my rag and started to wipe the table.

"We should just leave." One of the two guys said. "You better be careful, next time I might not be so patient." He said in a threatning voice. "Let's go Suga." He said to the other guy and they both stood up heading towards the door.

"Oh please, I've recieved threats way scarier than that from my grandmother." I muttered under my breath.

They stopped in their tracks and turned to face me. "What did you say?"

"Have a nice day!" I winked and with that they left.

________________

Please comment what you think :)

And if you haven't already please check out my other story "In Hope of Love"!

Comment. Subscribe, and Thank You for reading ^^