Our End

In the Middle of Love and War

"You okay?" I asked Jin Hee as we walked to the courtyard of the hospital.

"I don't even know anymore.." She sat on a bench and just stared at the floor. I felt so incredibly bad for her. She didn't deserve to be treated like this, she deserved to be treated like a princess. "You know what I wish Jin?" 

"What's that?"

"I wish that I would have never met Yoongi." Her voice was serious but I still couldn't believe what she had said.

"Jinja?"

"Really. I love Yoongi with all my heart, I really do, but for the past weeks the only thing he does is yell and scream and complain. I don't know if you've noticed but he only acts that way with me." She talked with a voice so sad. "I try so hard to make him happy because I can't even imagine how hard this must be for him but I can't take it anymore Jin, I just can't. I didn't leave Zico and his manipulative ways just to be verbally abused all the time by Yoongi." I put my arms around her in a comforting hug. "I don't understand why he is so irritated with me but I'm reaching my end in tolerance for it." She sighed. "I wish I would've made the choice to leave everything behind the way I had been so set on in the first place. I should've left somewhere far away when I had the chance."

"Can I confess something to you?" She nodded.

"I want to leave this place too." 

"Really?" She asked.

"Just like you, I didn't ask for this life. Mobsters and gun fights, that's not what I want for myself."

"What's keeping you here Jin?" 

"Fear. I've been alone almost all my life but now, I have my friends. My friends are the way I have managed to cope with this life that I hate so much. I'm scared of leaving to a place where I have absolutely no one."

"We should leave together." She smiled slightly, like it was a joke.

"Let's do it!" I really meant it.

"Seriously?" She said, wide-eyed.

"What's holding you back now? Is it Yoongi?" I asked.

"Of course it's going to be hard to leave him but the reality is that financial instability is what is keeping me here. Thanks to Yoongi, I didn't finish high school so the chances of me getting a good job anywhere is zero to none. I don't speak English so it's not like I have any special abilities. I have nothing. I have relied my whole life on others and now I have nothing. I literally am nothing." She continued to mope.

"Yah, Jin Hee-ah!" I raised my voice to her. "You need to get over this self pity phase and get it together! This is not the Jin Hee that I know and I'm not going to tolerate it any longer. If you want to be someone else, someone great, you need to just do it. Don't think about it and just do it! And you won't be alone, I promise that I will be there to support you the entire time."

"You're right. You're absolutely right, this isn't me. I've gone soft, I'm a wimp!" She stood up when she had her epiphany. "I need to get a job, save up and then we can get the hell out of here!" She turned to hug me tightly. "Thank you Jin, for everything."

"No problem Jin Hee." I hugged her back. She pulled away and started running. "Yah, where are you going?"

"I have to go get a job!" She yelled back. For the first time in several weeks, I saw her smile.


 2 months later

"Yoongi-ah, you need to be patient." Hyemi comforted me from the chair next to my hospital bed.

"I've been patient for almost three months now! I can barely walk and half of the time I have to use a walker!" I threw my tantrum of the day, the one of everyday.

" Understand that the fall you had is what is making this so long but it won't last forever. You won't be in this bed forever." 

"Don't even mention that damn accident to me." I turned to look at the tv instead of her. It had happened a few weeks ago. I had finally made some progress with my rehab, I was finally walking half decently, when one day I decided I could go to the bathroom on my own. I stood from off my bed and started trudging to the bathroom slowly. I went in and did my business. I was proud of myself. I washed my hands and stepped back out to my room when suddenly I felt an incredible pain in my leg. I couldn't hold up my weight anymore, my leg beginning to shake under me. Soon after I folded over in pain and fell hard to the ground, my entire body falling on top of my injured leg. I remember screaming in pain until the nurses rushed in to help me. All the progress I had made before that had been in vain. I was back to being the useless Yoongi that couldn't walk anymore.

 "What's up man?" My thoughts were interrupted by the guys who had just walked into my room. 

"Hey.." I replied. I watched them walk in one at a time, Jin, Jungkook, J-Hope, Rap Monster, V, Jimin, but no Jin Hee. I didn't understand why but her visits had become less and less frequent. She didn't visit me everyday like she use to but instead once a week and her visits were quite short. The longest she stayed was an hour, and that was actually rare. I missed her. I felt as though she had broken up with me but didn't care to mention it. The question lingered in my mind almost everyday, why didn't Jin Hee care about me anymore?

"Where's Jin Hee?" Hyemi asked out loud. As soon as I heard her name I turned my attention to the conversation.

"At work." Jin replied.

She has a job? Since when?  I wondered.

"She has a job?  Where?" Hyemi asked for me.

"She's a secretary at a bank. I have a friend that is a general manager at this bank so when she told me she needed a job and he told me that he needed an employee, I helped them find each other." He smiled. "She told me she does things like answer phones and sort files and stuff." 

"Well good for her!" Hyemi exclaimed. I know it was wrong but I didn't really enjoy Hyemi being around all the time. I wanted Jin Hee back. I was also annoyed at the fact that Jin Hee preferred talking to Jin about her life instead of me. The very few times that Jin Hee did visit she didn't talk about her personal life. She always made sure that at least one other person was in the room with us, like she didn't want to be alone with me, and this way she didn't have to talk directly to me.

"She's been working really hard lately." Hoseok noted. "I'm happy she's close to her goal, her hard work is paying off." He said with a grin.

What goal? I thought to myself.

"What goal?" Hyemi asked.

What the hell? Is this girl reading my mind?

"Jin Hee has been saving up money for the past 2 months because she's moving." Jimin answered.

"SHE'S WHAT?" I shouted so loudly that I even I was shocked.

"She's moving." Jin said simply.

"How can you guys just tell me like it's no big deal?" I was upset.

"Yah, can you blame her for wanting to leave? You treat her like !" Jungkook exclaimed.

"I do not!"

"Maybe not anymore because she ignores the hell out of you but when she devoted all of her time to taking care of you, you used to yell at her and push her away. She finally realized that you're no good for her." V bashed me.

"And when was the last time you even asked about her? You never ask for her, you never mention her, you don't even talk to her when she's here." I couldn't deny that. I didn't ask about her when she wasn't here but if she didn't care to visit then why the hell would I care to know where she was or what she was doing.

"Yah! Stop talking bad about me."

"We're not talking bad about you Suga, we're telling you things the way they are and you just can't see it." Rap Monster cut in.

"How can you guys be so okay with her just leaving like that?" I frowned.

"Of course we're going to miss her like crazy but we know that this isn't the life she deserves. She should be able to wake up in the mornings and not have to fear for her life or the life of anyone around her."

"Ultimately, we only want the best for her and we feel that the best isn't here wih us."

"Do you know when she plans to leave?" I felt without direction.

"Maybe in a month? We don't really know how much she has saved up and how much she needs to have so that she can leave but she hasn't spend even a single penny on anything for the longest time."

"Maybe she'll leave sooner than we think.."  Jin said in a low voice.

"Excuse me, but visting hour are over." The nurse came in and interrupted our conversation.

"Thank you, we'll be on our way now." She bowed out and everyone stood to leave.

"We'll be back tomorrow or the day after, alright?" They all hugged me and started heading out the door, even Hyemi.

"I'm tired, I'm going back to my room. I'll be back tomorrow, okay?"  Hyemi smiled and I nodded. Taking a good look at her, she did look rather tired. I felt bad that her treatment wasn't progressing much and the worst part was it took so much out of her for nothing.

"Bye." I waved.

She leaned down to try and kiss me but I managed to dodge her and turn her attempt into an awkward hug. I truly appreciated the way she stood by me and she was a great friend but I could never go beyond that with her. She let go of me and just walked away without saying a word. I turned the tv on to a random channel and just rested my head back on my pillow with my eyes closed.

"Jin Hee, don't leave me." I whispered, I wished she could hear me. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you, I was an , you didn't deserve it. I need to get better soon. I'm going to walk for you and I will get up and out of this bed and stop you from leaving. Jin Hee, I need you." I thought about her until I fell asleep but even then, she was in my dreams.


"Thank you guys for not telling Yoongi about this." Jin and I were completely packed and ready to go when we were bidding our goodbyes to everyone. I stared at everyone and didn't know how to keep from crying."Oh god, I told myself I wouldn't cry.." I squeezed my eyes tight trying to make the tears go away.

"Jin Hee noona, don't cry.." Jungkook and Jimin sniffed, wiping away tiny tears. "Because we are gonna cry.."

"Oh god, here come the waterworks!" V charged at me and sobbed into my hair.

"See you later man, take care of her alright?" Rap Monster and J-Hope hugged it out with Jin and then came over to me and hugged me while V, Jungkook, and Jimin bid their goodbyes to Jin.

"Call us when you arrive to wherever it is that you're going, okay?"

"Nae~" The reality is that we still didn't know what we were doing or where we were going but it was a start. I was really thankful that all the boys had been so understanding of Jin and mine's descision to leave. They wanted us to be happy and they supported whatever would make us feel just that, even if it meant leaving. We went out front and waved at them one last time before we drove off.

I love you guys.

"Do you mind if we stop by the hospital?" I asked Jin and he nodded. I looked out the window at the evening sky and just thought about him. I had been trying to keep away from Yoongi as much as I possible could but I felt like I needed to see him one last time before we left. Once we arrived at the hospital we made our way up to the floor he was on.

"It's past visiting hours so I'll stay here and distract the nurses while you go in, okay?" Jin walked towards the nurses station and I sneaked into his room. He was sleeping. I sat in the vacant chair next to his bed and watched him. He looked perfect as always. I missed him.

"Annyeong Yoongi. How are you?" I whispered. "I hear rehab isn't going too well but that doesn't worry me. I have faith that you will get your strength back and walk proudly again." I watched him sleep some more. "I came to tell you that I'm leaving today. Oh, and don't be mad at the guys for not telling you but I asked them not to. I hope you don't think I'm doing this because you treated me badly while you were in here. No, the reason I'm leaving is for me. I need to go out there and become someone I can be proud of, someone you can be proud of. I need to do this without having to rely on others so much." Small tears started trailing down my cheeks. "I'll come back though, I promise. And don't think I'll ever forget you. I'm going to keep myself updated on your progress and I'll pray for you everyday. For Mi Rae too. I'm going to miss you both so much." I sniffled. "I can't believe this our end."

"Excuse me but you can't be here young man." I heard the nurse saying out in the hall.

"Yoongi, I have to go now. Please take care, will you?" I caressed his hair and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you."

"Is there someone in there?!" The nurse shouted in the hall. I ran to the door and looked back at him one last time before leaving the room.

"Goodbye Yoongi."


Hello there! If you enjoyed please comment, subscribe, upvote, etc and thanks for reading :))