First Day Pt. 2

In the Middle of Love and War

"Make me". If this guy thinks I'm gonna give up my seat because he's some type of big shot then he's got another thing coming. Although I didn't move my eyes away from his I could tell his hand was moving and and he grabbed my backpack to drop it on the floor but before he could I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Get your hand off me".

"Get your hand off my stuff".

"Yoongi and Jin Hee that's enough! I am not dealing with this on the first day of school, both of you to the principles office now!" Han seonsengnim shouted at us.

"All you had to do was sit down" I muttered to the guy who's name was apperantly Yoongi as I got my backpack and slung it over my shoulder heading out the door.

"Go!" I heard the teacher shout at Yoongi and then I heard his feet shuffling behind me. I walked to the end of the hall where the exit of the building was and stepped out on to a patio area. The tree's towered over everything and provided good shade for anyone who wanted to sit on the benches or the tables. I sat on a bench and pulled ot my phone checking the time '10:15. What am I gonna do for the next fifty minutes?'. I felt someone sit down and I was surprised to see Yoongi there.

"You were suppose to go to the office" his voice sounded calmer as if his anger had already subsided.

"So were you but yet here you are" I stared at the cars that passed on the other side of the tall iron gate that surrounded the campus.

"Point taken". I felt his stare on me and after awhile it began to bother me.

"What are you looking at?"

"What the heck are you?" He asked curiously.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"We have run into each other three times and not once have you failed to impress me" I smiled proudly at his compliment. "That isn't a compliment, I find you very annoying" he continued and my smile faded.

"Yeah well, the feeling is mutual" I replied at his rudeness.

"You've got some guts I'll give you that much but you better watch yourself because n-"

"Next time you won't be so patient?" I finished his sentence and chuckled.

"Seriously, what are you! It's like you aren't scared of anything. Nobody in this school would ever talk back to me and if they did they would get the beating of a life time".

"There's lots of things in this world that I'm scared of but you aren't one of them" I looked at him and smirked.

"No one has ever said that to me".

"Well there's a first time for everything". I started thinking back on what happened in class and came up with a question. "Hey you're a so called tough guy and what not.." He glared at me offended that I insulted his toughness but I disregarded him and continued "..so why didn't you tell off the teacher when he yelled at you instead of just walking out without of fight. That's not very tough if you ask me."

"Yeah well nobody asked you" He rolled his eyes but I just laughed. 'That' was a good one, I should use that sometime' I thought.

"No but seriously what was that?" I asked again. He stayed silent for awhile hesitating to reply but he finally spoke up.

"My Mom is sick.." I stayed quiet as he continued to talk ".. she's sick to the point where she could die at any moment. When we found out that she had an illness a year ago my mom made me promise her that I would make something of myself. She made me promise that I would study really hard and go to college and be someone in this world but I don't think I can do it".

"Why not? I asked feeling bad for the situation he was in.

"If I do it, if I graduate and go to college and get a job and do all these things that means she can die peacefully and I don't think I'm ready to let go yet.." his voice was starting to crack and I could see the tears forming in his eyes. Without realizing it I reached over and took his hand and squeezed it. "I love her like you can't even imagine, and it hurts me to see how terrible she feels when I get into trouble, we've become more distant and it's all my fault".

"Instead of focusing on what could happen to your mother in the future you should focus on making the best of the time she still has here with you. Talk to her, tell her about your day, spend time with her, stay out of trouble.." I emphasized that last part to make sure he understood "You may not realize it but little things like that can make a huge difference to her" I smiled.

"Maybe you right ... but I at school" he chucked.

"Honestly, I'm not surprised" I laughed and let go of his hand.

"See now why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly good moment!" He laughed.

"Because then you were gonna stop thinking I'm annoying and well I have a reputation to keep as the annoying girl" I joked.

"Oh don't worry, it's gonna take a lot for me to stop thinking you're annoying" We both laughed and I jokingly punched him on the arm " ANYWAYS, will you help me?".

"Help you with what?" I was confused.

"Help me with school. Help me make my Mom proud" there was genuine sincerity in his voice that made me want to help him. I think he noticed my hesitation because he looked at me and pouted "Chebal?".

"Alright" I sighed in defeat and he clapped in joy. "You know for a tough guy, you're a real softy" I joked and at the same time the bell rang to exchange classes. "What do you have next?" I asked.

"I have English, Photography, Social Studies, and Art".

"Hey we have two more classes together! Photography and Social Studies" I smiled. "I'll see you later in class" I was about to leave when I turned back and asked "Hey do you know where Science with Mrs. Lee is?".

"Yeah it's next to my English class, I'll walk you" I nodded and we headed to class. When Yoongi left after dropping me off I noticed that he didn't go to class and instead left through where we came from. I ignored it and sat down and when the teacher began to talk Jun interrupted by walking in late.

'Omo, Jun! I forgot we were suppose to walk here together!' I facepalmed myself. After apologizing for being late he sat down next to me.

"Sorry" I whispered to him. He signaled me that it was okay and class went on. Ten minutes before class was going to end the phone rang and Mrs. Lee answered it. About a minute after she hung up and called my attention.

"Kim Jin Hee, you are going home". I was surprised but years of experience taught me that this meant something happened at home. I bowed and made my way out the building to the front gate, scanning the streets for Zico's car. The tires screetched as he pulled up in front of me and opened the door.

"Get in".

"What happened?" I was starting to get scared.

"We were raided" we sped off away from the school.

"What? Where?".

"Our house Jin Hee! Our house was raided by the gang from these parts. We were having a meeting and they barged in on us" and I knew he was referring to the seven guys that controlled Seoul High School. "They got away but we found something". He reached over to the back seat and handed me a bandanna. My eyes widened at the sight.

'Yoongi?'

--------------------

What did everyone think? :)

Please Comment, Subscribe, and Thanks for Reading^^