Married and with Child

In the Middle of Love and War

I've always hated funerals. I'm sure there is no one in the world who likes them but still. I especially hated this one because the person I loved most in the world was in so much pain and I couldn't do anything about it. I sat on the floor next to Yoongi while he cried silently and the rest of the mourners did too. I cried a bit myself but immediately stopped because if I cried then who would be strong for him? I watched him as he stood to be greeted by the guests and I knew he just wanted everyone to leave so he could bid his last goodbyes to his parents. I went after him and sat him down in front of the picture of his parents.

"I'll take care of the guests, just stay here and don't worry about anything." I smiled and he nodded tiredly. "Boys, can you guys help me with the guests? I don't want Yoongi to worry about anything right now." They nodded and I noticed someone was missing. "Where's Mi Rae?".

"With Baekhyun outside." Namjoon pointed towards the door and I went to check it out.

"Hey Baekhyun.." I waved at him while he played with the Mi Rae in the snow. The winter this year was really intense and both of them had bright red noses.

"Hey Jin Hee.." He picked up Mi Rae and walked over to me. "How's Yoongi?" I shrugged.

"He's been better. Why don't we go inside for some coffee? Mi Rae, want some hot chocolate?" She wriggled around in excitement in Baekhyun's arms. We went inside and stood in the back once we made the coffee and chocolate and I couldn't help but feel terrible for Mi Rae, even though she didn't even understand what was happening. She was so young and she was an orphan.

"What are you guys gonna do about her?" Baekhyun asked as if reading my mind. He swayed side to side and she slowly drifted off to sleep.

"I have not the slightest idea. She's so little, how can this happen to her? She's three and a half years old for crying out loud!" My tears started streaming down my cheeks. Baekhyun hugged me until I stopped."Thanks".

"No problem. I'm gonna go sit with Mi Rae, okay?" I nodded and headed over to handle more details for Yoongi.

'This is gonna be a long day'.

_____

"Let's get those pj's on, yeah?" I helped Mi Rae change and tucked her into my bed. Yoongi didn't feel ready to go back to his parents house right away so we came to the BTS hide-out. I laid next to her and soon after Yoongi came into my room and laid down on the other side. The other boys were in the their own homes tonight so it was just the three of us.

"Unnie, where's my eomma?" She asked innocently. I looked at Yoongi and he didn't know what to say.

"Well honey, um, your mommy is not here anymore.."

"Where is she?"

"She went to heaven. You see, when you're really sick sometimes God doesn't want you to hurt anymore so he takes you to heaven with him in the sky." It surprised me that she didn't ask about her father.

"So I don't have a mommy anymore?".

"You will always have a mommy honey, it's just that now she'll be in the sky." I smiled and twirled her hair.

"Can you be my new mom unnie? Please?" She stood on her knees and hugged me tightly.

"Of course I can."

"Oppa, she's my mommy now! Are you my new daddy?".

"Do you want me too?" She nodded excitedly so Yoongi agreed to it.

"Alright then, let's go to sleep Mi Rae" we all got under the covers and shut off the lamp.

"I love you mommy. I love you daddy."

"We love you too".

________

"We need some of this mommy" Mi Rae reached out and grabbed a box of cookies then threw it to the back of the grocery cart. We had decided to go shopping for groceries because now that we were taking care of a kid, there were lots of things we didn't have. Yoongi was buying some meat in the butcher area while Mi Rae and I were looking at boxed food. I was so focused on the shelves that I didn't see the car ahead of me and bumped into it.

"Omo, I'm so sorry!" I looked up at the girl and recognized her almost instantly. Kang So Ra, my arch nemesis from Hanji High School. She had always hated me because she was in love with Zico but he never payed any attention to her because he was always with me. She harassed me because of that, but of course I didn't let myself and that's how our rivalry began.

"Oh my, it's you" She sounded almost sarcastic.

"What are you doing here? You don't even live around this area".

"Don't concern yourself with something that isn't your business. And who is this cutie?" She tried touching Mi Rae on the head but I moved her away.

"This is my daughter, Mi Rae" I didn't help but chuckle at her reaction.

"Hey honey.." Yoongi came up from behind me and kissed my cheek. "Who's this?" He asked looking at So Ra.

"Yoongi this is Kang So Ra. So Ra this is Min Yoongi, my-".

"Husband" he finished and shook her hand, wide open.

"You're married? And you have a daughter? But how? You moved not so long ago, how can this be?" She looked at me for answers but I just laughed.

"Don't concern yourself with something that isn't your business." I smirked and pushed the cart away, followed by my 'husband'.

"Do we not like her?".

"We hate her." I scrunched my nose and Mi Rae copied me cutely. "Aigoo, so cute!" I pinched her cheeks. We got in line to pay and Mi Rae started playing with a toy that was near by on the shelf. "How you doing today?" It'd been a couple days since the funerals.

"I'm happy" He smiled his gummy smile, the one I hadn't seen in awhile.

"Jinja?" He nodded and touched forheads with me.

"Thanks to my wife".

______

Cute family time ^^

Comment, subscribe, and thanks for reading :)