Black

In the Middle of Love and War

“I’m going to ask you one last time so you better answer me. Where is Jin Hee?” Jungkook was sitting across table from me eating a sandwich while I angrily stared at him waiting for a response. I had been home from the hospital for a week now and had not seen Jin Hee once. Nobody talked about her, nobody answered my questions about her, and it was as if she had disappeared from the face of the earth. Other than that, things were rather calm around here. Ever since my time in the hospital, it was as if we had subconsciously given up the life we once lived. We had been keeping off the streets, Block B and LC9 were also off the grid, and my only focus was finding Jin Hee.

“Hyung, I really don’t know.” He said.

“You must know, you just don’t want to tell me.” I fell back on the chair and crossed my arms.

“Yo!” Rap Mon walked into the kitchen and went straight for the fridge.

“Rap Mon, if anyone know where Jin Hee is, it’s you. Please, tell me something.” I was out of ideas. I didn’t know what else I could do to find her. I had asked all around the neighborhood, I searched for her at all the areas schools, the shops where she could’ve gotten a job but there was nothing. No trace, no leads, nothing. All I could do was beg and hope that I could break one of the guys.

“She is …” He hesitated. “I can’t …”

“Please tell me anything.” I begged.

“Look, the truth is Jin Hee we-” He was interrupted by his phone when it started ringing. “Phew! Saved by the bell.” He pulled it out of his pocket and grinned then went into the other room to take the call.

“AGHHHH!” I screamed and pounded the kitchen table with my fist. I was so frustrated.

“HEY!” Jimin yelled angrily from the TV room. “SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO WATCH TV SO WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!?” The vein on his forehead was visible and almost pulsating.

“Sorry.” I muttered. Rap Mon came back from the other room.

“Well Suga, it seems as though your wish is going to come true.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s Jin Hee, she needs us.”


“So you mean to tell me, that Jin Hee left me and ran off with Jin and now they’re in trouble and we need to save them?” We were all in the van heading who knows where to find them. “She left me?! Here I am going crazy not knowing anything about her and it turns out she left me!” I was beyond words.

“Can you blame her? You were acting like a total to her.”

“If you love someone, you stay.” I argued.

“Honestly hyung, with the way you were treating her, I’m surprised she didn’t leave you earlier.” Taehyung was on his phone but he took time out to insult me. Actually, is it an insult when you know it’s true?

“Alright, well, why did she have to leave with one of my closest friends?” I mumbled with my hand covering my mouth.

“It wasn’t anything romantic, they’re not secretly in love, and we just wanted to send Jin Hee off with some protection.”

“So who exactly are they running from? What did she tell you?”

“Well, when she called, she said that a few weeks ago, Jin and she accidentally had a mix up with some drug smugglers and some of their money went missing, about 10k. The thing is, the money was stolen by some bellhop or something. Anyways, they’ve been running from those guys ever since, they want their money back.”

“If the smugglers are smart, they ran a background check on Jin and Jin Hee and they found out where Jin comes from.” Jungkook said while he layed with his head back and his eyes closed. “They would find out that his family is wealthy and they’d ask for ransom.”

“Maybe they do know and that’s why they’re after him.”

“Maybe.”

“Why hasn’t Jin called his dad? He could send some of his men and solve the problem with ease.”

“Apparently, he’s been trying to contact him but he couldn’t get a hold of him.”

“So where exactly are we going?”

“Ullangdo.”

“And what exactly are we going to do?”

“That, I have no idea.”


“I talked to Namjoon this morning, they’re on their way to pick us up. Hopefully things go smoothly and we can get away.” Jin told me while we laid on the grass. We were in a park just enjoying the few moments of relaxation we could get. The park was enormous, with hills that went on forever, grass greener than green, and so many trees it was almost a forest. We were under a tree on the highest hill overlooking everything. It was nice. From where we were I could see the sleek black car that had been trailing us for some type. We were vulnerable, why weren’t they after us? I don’t know.

“Where are we going to meet them?”

“There is a bookstore down the street from that crappy motel we’ve been staying at.” Jin’s voice had lost color. He had become so serious, so focused on survival. We hardly ever talked anymore, unless we really had to.

“Oh.” When I decided to leave, this wasn’t what I had pictured. I had wanted a better life for myself, what I got was a worse one. I was dirty, beaten, and hungry. The motel we were staying at was disgusting, roaches crawling everywhere, the walls filthy, and the water a gross brown color. We were bums.

“Let’s go.” He stood up and helped me up as well. “It’s time to go to the bookstore, they’re close.” We stayed close to each other and went down the hill and onto the sidewalk which was filled with people. They all stared at us like we were freaks, steering away from our stench. I had already gotten used to it. “It’s right up there.” We got to the store and waited outside. I scanned the crowd and the streets, I was looking for a van or for any sign of the guys. A few minutes passed by and then I spotted them. “Look, Jin! They’re over there!” I pointed to a black van parked across the street. I could see Namjoon in the driver’s seat dialing a number on his phone and putting it up to his ear. Jungkook was next to him in the passenger seat.

“Let’s go!” Jin broke out into a smile and grabbed my hand. We pushed past the people and stood on the edge of the street “Jungkook! Namjoon!” Since the windows were down, they could hear us shouting and they waved at us to go to them. We looked both ways to make sure no cars were coming and as we started to cross the street a red car that was parked nearby jolted into action and sped up to get in our way. The back doors flew open and two beefy guys charged at us, grabbing us roughly and shoving us into the car.

“OW! Get off of me!!” I screamed.

“Don’t touch her!” Jin yelled. We were all cramped up in the small space. I was in an awkward that had me pushed up against the door that was facing the street. I could see the guys pouring out of the van and running towards us. When I saw Yoongi jump out of the van, I lost it.

“YOONGI-AH! Help me!” I pounded on the window and he ran towards me. He reached the door and pulled the handle but it wouldn’t open.

“JIN HEE!” I fumbled trying to unlock it but at that moment one of our kidnappers screamed GO! And the driver sped away.

“Yoongi!!!” I screamed.

“Shut up!” I heard the kidnapper say and then I felt a hard bang at the back of my head and then everything went black.


“How long till the girl wakes up?” I heard a woman’s voice say. My eyes fluttered open and the first thing I saw was the floor. I looked up and we were in some kind of warehouse. I was tied up to a chair with some cloth covering my mouth so I couldn’t scream.

What kind of lame gangster movie did they get this idea from? I wondered.

I looked over to my left and Jin was also tied up in a chair but he was still unconscious.

“She’s awake ma’am.” I looked over to the guy and he was staring at someone else. I followed his gaze and it led to a large desk and leather chair.

What the hell is with the furniture in a big empty warehouse?

In the chair was a woman. It was the same woman that had been in the big fluffy chair and in the elevator back at the hotel. She was an average looking woman, with a few grey colored streaks in her otherwise pitch black hair which was tied back in a tight bun. Her eyes were small, wrinkles surrounding them, with eyeliner and mascara goop trailing down her lash line. Her lips where crusty and red and it was obvious she had no idea how to wear lipstick. From what I could see, her outfit was something like a pant suit, an ugly brown pant suit, which had a strange square pattern on it as well as big round buttons. From her ears, I could see brown triangle earrings that stretched her earlobes in a weird and gross way. Square patterns, round buttons, and triangular earrings, the woman was a geometrical hot mess.

“Nice to see you’re finally up Jin Hee.” She said trying to be sinister.

“How’s it going?” I said and laughed which obviously wasn’t appreciated by her.

“SHUT UP!” She screamed and slammed the book she had in her hands onto the wooden desk.

“Geez...” I whispered under my breath. She stood up and walked over to me. She placed her hands on the arm rests of the chair and lowered her eyes to meet mine.

“You took something of mine and I want it back you little piece of crap.” She said through gritted teeth.

“I don’t have your money.” I muttered.

“Such a liar.” She air in through her clenched teeth. “I know you have it, I know you took it.”

“I said I don’t have it.”

“Sang Min!” One of her men came hurriedly at the sound of his name. “Show her what happens when she lies.” The woman backed away and the big beefy guy marched towards me with clenched fists and no hesitation. I watched as his round fist elevated and picked up speed then slammed directly into the right side of my face.

“Oomph!” was the only sound that left my mouth. The next few minutes were a bit of a blur, thanks to the beating and the blow to the head. I felt his fist in my stomach and the blood pouring out of my mouth but I couldn’t see him anymore, my vision became more a more unclear by the second. The man had no compassion, the fact that I was a girl had no effect on him. Minutes passed and the punches kept coming. It hurt so incredibly bad but I didn’t cry. It took every single ounce of strength I had in me to just take it but soon enough it was over. Sang Min walked away and the woman took his place.

“Where is it?” She lowered her eyes to look straight into mine.

“I don’t have it.” I repeated, spilling blood out while I talked.

“Yes, you do!” She grabbed my hair and pulled my head back. “You’d better figure out how you’re going to get me my money back because, one way or another, you’re going to pay me back.” She pulled my hair even harder then let it go roughly and walked away. She walked away and back to her desk. When she sat down, she opened a drawer and pulled out some papers and started working on them. The men that worked for her were sitting by the door with their heads back and their eyes closed, sleeping. I sat there silently and in pain. I could feel my entire face swollen and bruised. My lip was cut up and my head was throbbing uncontrollably. I felt as though I was dying. Jin was still unconscious next to me and, for a few brief moments, I started to wonder if he was even alive. Slowly, I started regaining my eyesight. Once I could see again, I started looking around and everything felt colder somehow. I had only blind for a few minutes but everything was greyer and lonelier than it was before. I wanted to cry again but I couldn’t. It wasn’t because I was holding it in, I literally couldn’t because the pain was so intense, even my own tears would burn. I started looking around some more and everything was motionless inside the warehouse, but outside, life kept going. Through the large shattered window that was directly across from me I could see a tree branch in its prime. It had big green leaves that rustled in the wind and a thick brown trunk to compliment. It was weird to think but that tree had more freedom then I did at the moment. Suddenly, I saw something furry moving alongside the branch getting closer and closer to the window until a hand reached out grabbed the window frame.

“What?” I breathed so slightly that I barely heard myself. The owner of the hand pulled the rest of the body forward and that’s when I saw his face. It was Suga. “Oh my god.” I whispered. He held a finger up to his lips and told me to “Sshh.” I looked over to the window on the left and there was another boy, it was Jimin. One by one, all the boys started popping up in places I hadn’t seen before. Jungkook was peeking in through a back door at the far end corner, Rap Monster was behind a trash bin , V was behind a huge ceramic pillar that held up the building, and J-Hope was standing on the outside of the window ledge of the remaining window the same way Suga and Jimin were. I quickly looked over to the henchmen and they were fast asleep while the lady boss was too into her papers to notice. Nobody moved. I didn’t know what their plan was but I prayed that it would work. “Oh my g-” I gasped when the lady’s phone rang and echoed across the room and startled me.

“Yeobusaeyo?” She answered, not looking at me. “Yeah? Well, what happened?” She stood from off her chair and started walking around farther and farther away until I couldn’t see her anymore. Taehyung and Jungkook jolted into action and came to untie Jin and me from the chairs.

“Noona, are you okay?” Jungkook whispered.

“How do I look?” I huffed sarcastically.

“Like .” He chuckled.

“That’s exactly how I feel.” I cracked a smile. I was so happy to see him, to see them all. The energy it took for me to talk made me extremely light headed. I started to see red spots here and there but I managed to stay awake. Meanwhile, Taehyung was untying Jin and Rap Monster was the lookout.

“HEY!!!!” A piercing shriek resonated throughout the place and it was the lady. She had finished her phone call and made it back in time to catch us trying to escape. Sang Min and her other henchman woke up startled and looked around confused. “Get them!” She pointed at us and they finally understood what was happening.

“Let’s go noona.” Jungkook finished untying me and used all of his strength to pick me up bridal style. He charged for the exit and I looked over his shoulder to see V doing the same with Jin. The two young boys had a strength I never knew about and it was impressive.

“GO!” I heard someone shout and then the rest of the boys came out of hiding and started shooting at the henchmen to hold them off. All the shaking that Jungkook was doing while running was making me dizzy and I felt like puking. My head throbbed painfully.

“We’re almost out noona, stay with me.” Soon after Jungkook said that, we burst out of the warehouse and the sunshine hit me right in the face, blinding me. “They’re coming!” I heard Jungkook shout to someone else.

“Stop, this is the police and we have you surrounded!” was the last thing I heard before everything went black.


Hello everyone! Let me know what you thought ^^
Comment, subscribe, upvote, etc. and  thanks for reading!