Someone Different

In the Middle of Love and War

I stood at the steps of the main building's entrance staring out at nothing. The wind started to pick up the fallen leaves of autumn and the cold was starting to become more and more obvious. It was thirty minutes until the last bell signaling that it was time to go home but I wasn't in class. After I figured out Jun's true identity I was left without words. Yoongi had taken me out to the courtyard and explained everything he knew about Jun. He told me how he was a member of LC9 and so was AO. He told me that they had taken part in some dirty business in the area that was Block B's and that was why Jun ended up injured, some type of money laundering. The worst part was when he told me that Jun and his gang had been the ones that jumped him when we were out together and that he had been the one that started to put his hands on me. After Yoongi told me everything we switched classes but I didn't go to my next one, instead I began to roam around the halls for awhile just processing everything and that's how I ended up here. I was suppose to wait for Yoongi to walk home together but I didn't really want to so I decided to leave first. I made my way towards the back courtyard of the school and looked for an exit because the front gate was guarded by two men that were specifically instructed to not allow students to leave unless they were granted permission. The campus was surrounded by tall iron gates but there was one part of the fence that was missing a rod and someone of a particular size could easily slip through it, so I did. I passed my backpack to the other side through the opening and then slowly slipped pass the fence myself. I dusted off my blazer and made my way down the street to who knows where. I walked for what seemed like hours and ended up in front of a bookstore which looked toasty warm so I went inside. When I opened the door a wave of warmth washed over me and the aroma of strong coffee pretty much slapped me in the face.

When I walked in the man behind the counter stood and bowed then sat down after I bowed back. I walked in and started to roam the aisles of books, walking up and down while reading the titles of the different books on their spines. I'd always loved reading so it didn't surprise me when one book turned into two and two into three until soon enough I had eight books piled one on top of the other and I couldn't see anything in front of me because the pile was just so high. I walked slowly because the pile of books was getting heavy and aside from that I was still reading titles for any potential books I wanted to add to my pile. When I was turning a corner I felt something push me back and the sudden impact made me lose my balance, falling to the floor along with my books.

"Ow~" I rubbed my back because the floor was so hard. I looked around me and there were more books scattered on the floor than I had originally been holding.

"Aigoo, gwenchanayo? Mianhe, cheongmal minaheyo!" I looked up at the soft voice and maybe it was because a book hit me really hard on the head or something but I could've sworn I was staring at an angel.

"......" I didn't respond because I was so stunned by his beautiful face. His face was so angelic, soft, and warm and it matched perfectly with his touseled brownish hair. I stared at him for awhile and realized that he looked a lot like V.

"Excuse me but are you okay?" He waved his hand in front of my face trying to get me to react, a worried expression on his face the whole time.

"Nae..." I whispered and grabbed a hold of his hand when he extended it out to me.

"I'm so sorry about that! I was turning the corner and I didn't see you and when I did see you it was too late" He frowned.

"I'm fine thank you" I nodded while bending down to seperate my books from his. When I picked up the books that he had dropped I was surprised to see that they were all books I was interested in or had already read.

"Are you really okay?" He asked again when he saw me rubbing my head. I nodded and stood when we both had our stacks of books in hand. I made my way to the cash register and set them down to pay for them and the handsome stranger did the same. I payed for my books and bowed to the ahjusshi behind the counter and then to the stranger and left. I began to walk when I heard my phone ring.

"Yeobuseyo?" I answered not looking at the caller I.D.

"Jin Hee-ah, where are you? I told you to wait for me at the entrance of the building but I can't find you anywhere!" Yoongi asked without even greeting me.

"I'm not at school anymore, I left early".

"Waeyo?! Where are you?" He shouted.

"I'm in ..." I looked around and didn't really know where I was " I don't know exactly where I am to be honest" I finished.

"Stay there! Just tell me what you see around you and I will come find you!".

"Yoongi-ah, I'm fine. You don't have to come for me I'll just GPS my way home later" I mumbled into the phone.

"But I-".

"I just need to be alone right now" I cut him off and he finally gave up.

"Alright but please come home soon, I don't want you to be walking around at dark all alone". I smiled at his concern and nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Nae, I will be home soon oppa." I smiled again and then hung up.

I walked for another couple of minutes and suddenly felt a heavy hand on my shoulder and for a brief second I feared for my life thinking that someone was about to kill me or something so as a natuaral reflex I decided to turn around and slap the prepatrator as hard as I possibly could. The slap was so hard it made my hand hurt but not as bad as I felt when I realized that the person whom I had struck was none other than the handsome stranger from before. His pale cheek now had a red handprint on it from the intense blow that he had just received and his expression was pure shock.

"Omo! Mianhaeyo, cheongmal mianhaeyo!" I did a 90 degree bow ten times repeatedly because I felt guilt ridden to my very core. I cupped his cheek apologetically and felt like crying. "Gwenchanayo?" I asked looking down at the floor in shame.

"Nae, nae I'm fine" He forced a smile and nodded. After that we stood awkwardly in silence outside a ramyun shop until I spoke up.

"I'm really really really really really sorry about hitting you in the face and everything but I should get going now" I said and started to head down the sidewalk.

"Actually I followed you for a reason" he said speeding up his pace to catch up to me. "I wanted to let you know that you took one of my books by mistake".

"Chincha? I'm so sorry, which one is it?" I said while opening my bag that held all my books. The stranger peered into the bag and took out a blue book.

"It's this one" He showed it to me and then held out the book he had said was mine. I stared at them side by side and realized something.

"Those are the same book!" I pointed kind of stupidly, confused at the situation.

"I know" he chuckled " I just needed a reason to come and talk to you".

"Aigoo, that's very flattering but I'm not looking for a relationship or anything, sorry" I felt bad about rejecting him that way but then his expression changed and he started laughing.

"Why are you laughing at me?" I was suddenly very offended.

"I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry if for whatever reason I gave you the impression that I was asking you out on a date" He smiled his quite attractive smile.

"But you just... right now you said.. " I stuttered.

"I wanted to come and talk to you because I saw the books you had and they were all books I like so I thought since we had that in common, maybe we could be friends? I don't often meet people who like to read and I NEVER meet people that have the same interest in book genre's as I do".

I couldn't help but agree with this because I did have a peculiar taste in books and other people did often find it weird. I thought about whether to be his friend or not because last time I did that I ended up making friends with a delinquent liar a.k.a Jun. I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't let the past interfere with my future. The way he dressed told me that he was a nice guy, very well dressed and nice and so different from what I was use too. He had no chains and his clothing was so refreshing and not dark or baggy. He was someone different and I kinda liked it.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Kim Jin Hee and I'd like to be your friend" I smiled deciding to make a new friend and upon hearing that I accepted his offer he smiled a beautiful smile.

"Annyeonghasaeyo Kim Jin Hee-sshi, I am Byun Baekhyun".

____________________________

Finally updated :)

Where are all my Exotics at?! I barely started getting into EXO but I can honestly say that I love their music :) I still can't pin point which member is which but I do know that I really like Baekhyun ^^ ( I hope that doesn't make you hate me that I'm barely getting into EXO because I know they're like a big deal and stuff T.T)

Anyways, I apologize because it's pretty short but I'm extremely tired and although I haven't slept in days I really wanted to update something so I did. I'll try to update again soon!

Please let me know what you thought in the comments and thank you for reading ^^