Back to School

In the Middle of Love and War

"Up! Get up! Up! Up!" I heard loud bangs coming from outside my door while I lay under my warm covers. Because I left the terrace door open since last night, the cold fall air entered my room. Nonetheless, I was covered up in warm and thick blankets that protected me from getting sick.

"Jin Hee get up! Jungkook get up! Namjoon hyung get up! Suga hyung get up! Hope hyung up! Jin hyung get up! EVERYONE UP!" I could here Jimin and V shouting simultaneously while going up and down the hallway banging pots and pans together. One by one doors started to squeek open and feet shuffling sounds became heavier and heavier on the wooden floors, all except for mine. The thought of getting up from this comfortable bed was painful, especially if it meant leaving for educational purposes like school. A light knock came from my door but I didn't even bother uncovering myself from under the sheets, instead I simply layed still and pretended sleep.

"Aigoo, this room is so cold!" I heard Yoongi's voice as he closed the door as quietly as possible and shuffled his way over to my bed. He sat down at the edge and tried to wake me up by lightly shaking me but I didn't respond. Maybe the room was colder than I thought because after 5 minutes of trying to wake me, Yoongi very slowly began to crawl into the covers with me. The heat from under the covers made his body stop shivering and I could tell he was facing me, just watching me sleep. Without opening my eyes I began to stretch and leaned over to hug him in my sleep which must've made him nervous because his whole body tensed up and I could tell that he didn't know where to place his hands. After about a minute he wrapped his arms around me and sort of hid his face in my hair.

'Now I really don't want to get up!' I shouted in my head.

"You comfortable here sir?" I mumbled into his chest, still not opening my eyes which must have surprised him.

"Yah! Jin Hee why didn't you tell me you were awake?" He asked pulling back and looking down at my face and I looked back at him.

"Yah, Yoongi-ah did you ever tell me you were getting into my bed?" I shot back and he stayed quiet. "That's what I thought" I chuckled.

"As much as I want to stay here, and believe me I really want too, we have to get ready for school" He sighed.

"What's the point of going to school anyways?" I said to myself but Yoongi heard me.

"I want you to always try your hardest at everything. You have to try hard at school and when you go to college too! I will support you in everything you do and I will do my best to provide you with everything you need and everything you deserve.  You have to become whatever it is that you want to be in life and I promise to be there at every step of the way but I want you to do all these things for yourself, not for me. I want you to be independant just in case there is ever a time in which I'm not around to take care of you , I'll know that you're going to be okay".

I was caught off guard by his sudden words.

"And that's why you should go to school" He smiled and the seriousness in his voice melted away. I stared back at him, not really knowing how to respond. "We should hurry, we are so late and we're not even dressed or fed yet! You shouldn't be late on your first day back to school".

"I haven't been to school in almost 2 weeks. I must be so far behind in all my classes, I'm going to have to stay up all night for the next week!" The thought of the horrible nights to come was extremely unpleasant because I knew I wouldn't be sleeping very much.

"Don't worry, let's just get to school and we'll handle that when the time calls for it" Yoongi said while pulling me up. "Now start getting ready!" He kissed my forhead and left my room.

About 20 minutes later I heard everyone shouting my name from the kitchen telling me to hurry up because it was time to go.

"Don't rush me!" I shouted back while finishing the last touches on my make-up. I stepped back and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. I could feel nerves building up in my stomach when I slung my back pack over my shoulder and headed out with the boys.

'It's like the first day of school all over again".

___________________________

"What do I say when the teachers ask me where I've been?" I asked Namjoon while we walked onto campus. I could feel the stares of people as we walked by but I ignored them as best I could.

"They won't ask you, we've already handled the situation. Just ask for your missed assignments and act normal, if any of the teachers gives you a hard time let us know" He answered while he walked and I nodded.

I noticed that since I was walking with them, they had changed their formation. Instead of walking in a line, now they were in protective formation. Rap Monster and Suga walked side by side infront of me, Jimin and V on either side of me, while Jin, Jungkook, and J-Hope were walking behind me.

'What could there possibly be here at school that could harm me? What are they protecting me from? Maybe it's just in case Zico tries something here on campus?'

Since we had eaten on our way to school, the boys bid there goodbyes and went to their classes while promising to see each other during lunch hour. I stopped by my locker and Yoongi followed waiting to drop me off in English, and while we walked I scanned the halls looking for someone.

"Who are you looking for?" Yoongi asked me.

"Jun and AO" I replied while still looking around at the students for a familiar face. I looked back at Yoongi and there was a certain disgust in his expression. "They're my friends".

"I don't want you hanging out with them, I don't think they're good people for you to be around".

I was surprised by his comment and a tad annoyed as well. I didn't leave Zico and his bossy ways just to be ordered around by Yoongi. I spotted Jun and AO in the distance and instead of dealing with Yoongi, I closed my locker and walked towards them leaving him behind.

"Hey guys!" I waved at Jun and AO, who seemed really surprised to see me.

"Jin Hee-ah! Where the heck have you been? It's been like two weeks since the last time we saw you" Jun hugged me and I complied.

"I've been..." I stopped and tried to think of an excuse but was blank. "busy" I finished my sentence.

We made conversation and after a few minutes AO left and so did Jun and I. We walked into class and I was so deep into conversation that I didn't notice people staring at me until I sat down. I hesitated on where to sit because since I had been gone so long, I didn't want to just come and take away someone's seat like that. I took a seat next to a boy I didn't really know because all the seats around Jun were occupied by swooning girls. The teacher came in and began class but was interrupted by the opening of the door. In walked three girls who walked as if they had not a care in the world and for some reason they seemed awfully familiar.

"Kim Tae Hee, Kang So Ra, Lee Jae Mi, late as always. Will you take your seats so I can continue please?"The teacher replied at their entrance.

The three girls walked and made their way to their seats. One girl made her way towards me and stood at the end of my desk. When I looked back up at her I realized why she was familiar looking, she was the girl who had tried to mug me awhile back. The look on her face made it obvious that she recognized me too and suddenly she seemed infuriated.

"Well, well, well if it isn't miss pretty bag" she chuckled.

"Ouch, that was so clever it burned!" I said sarcastically and she stopped grinning at my smart comment.

"Move" She glared at me.

"Why is it that I can never sit anywhere without being moved?" I muttered under my breath.

Without warning, Tae Hee grabbed me from the collar of my uniform blazer and picked me up from my seat. For a split second she looked me in the eyes and then shoved me onto the floor. The hard wooden floor sent a shooting pain up and down my back and I had also hit my head with the leg of a desk. Tae Hee looked down at me with a smirk and the feeling of inferiority was killing me.

"This time, I'm not gonna let you get away".

_______________________________

Annyeong everyone! How was it?

Please leave some comments because I'd love know what you thought!

I would just like to thank my subbies for all the awesome feedback that I'm super grateful for. I do try my best to stay in communication with you all and also to the silent readers, I love you all too! :) Any how, I hope that I'm doing a well enough job for you all and that you'll keep supporting me and my stories ^^