My New Life

In the Middle of Love and War

"It's about time you wake lazy.." I heard Jungkook say to me while I tossed in my bed. He was sitting on the couch in my hospital room while channel sufing the tv.

"Don't you think you're sleeping more than you should be, Suga?" Rap Monster walked in with vending machine coffee.

"You should get up early and try to get your rehab session to start sooner so you can have more time in there and start walking sooner." Jungkook added, his eyes glued to the tv. In his left hand he held a sandwich that was originally intended for me.

"Sometimes I feel like the only reason you visit me is to watch my t.v and eat my food." I glared at him but he didn't even notice. Soon Jimin and V walked in and, instead of greeting me, sat next to Jungkook on the couch, their feet propped up on the coffee table. I picked up my phone and checked the date. October 15th. It'd been almost three weeks since the last time I saw Jin Hee. I missed her, a lot. I tried asking the guys about her, how she was doing and other minimal questions but they were really good at avoiding the topic. I hadn't seen much of Jin either but I only assumed he was busy doing business with his father.

"What time is your rehab session start?" Rap Mon asked. I looked over to the clock on the wall and it read 10:35 a.m. I thought about what Jungkook said and he was right, I should be spending more time in the rehab center. If I wanted to get Jin Hee back, if I wanted to get my life back, I had to get up from this bed.

"It starts now." I stood up and very slowly headed for the bathroom. The pain shot up and down my leg but I didn't quit walking. I grabbed some clean clothes from the cabinet on the wall and changed.

"Need some help?" Jimin tried helping me when he saw I was struggling to walk but I shook him off.

"No, I'm fine." I trudged down to the rehab center.

"Suga! You forgot the wheelchair!" V shouted after me but I wasn't going back. I had gotten pretty far and I wasn't going back, my leg was killing me.

"Hi. I wanted to know if I could start my rehab sesh early today." I told the nurse behind the circulation desk. She looked at the clipboard that had the schedule and nodded.

"Go right ahead, we'll have a physical therapist in to help you shortly." I went in and started working. Soon the therapist came to help and I worked out for hours.

"Well Yoongi, I must say, if you keep working out like this you will be walking out of here in no time!" My overly excited therapist exclaimed.

"That's nice to hear." I tried to smile excitedly. "I'll see you tomorrow." I waved goodbye to her.

I walked back to my room for some rest.

"This is the first day of many hardworking days to come."


3 weeks later

"I didn't think this day would come so soon but I'm happy to tell you that you are free to go today." My doctor smiled and left the room so I could pack my belongings.

"Ready?" Namjoon and Hyemi stood by the door.

"Yep." I dragged my luggage out of the room and out to the lobby. I scanned the room and there was a small crowd waiting for me. V, Jimin, J-Hope, Jungkook, Mi Rae, but no Jin Hee. I let out a puff of air, I was disappointed. How can she not be here? It's been six weeks since last she came to see me. Doesn't she miss me even a little?

"Woo~!" Everyone cheered when they saw me. I smiled and hugged everyone present.

"Thanks for coming everyone!" I bowed. Maybe I didn't show it very much but this was the happiest I had felt in a really long time. We all got ready to leave, everyone but Hyemi. "It was a pleasure meeting you Hyemi, please be healthy and stay strong." I said while I hugged her. I know the proper thing to do would be to say something like "I'll be back to see you soon!" but the truth was that I probably wouldn't. I didn't want to make a promise when I knew I wasn't going to keep it.

"Likewise." She said. I pulled away from her and headed for the door but she grabbed me by the shoulder to grab my attention. "Yoongi-ah, find her." She surprised me with her words. "Find her and be happy." She smiled warmly.

"I'll try." I grinned. I walked out to the car leaving her behind and we left for some restaurant. "Namjoon-ah." I whispered.

"What?" He whispered.

"Where is Jin Hee?"

"She's ..." He stayed silent.

"Well?"

"It's complicated.."


Meanwhile..

"Here Jin Hee." Jin handed me a cup of coffee and a piece of bread then joined me on the bench. We sat in silence and thought about everything that had happened to us in the last two weeks.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Flashback:

"Wow, this place is beautiful Jin!?" We walked into the hotel lobby and it was enormous. Jin went ahead and checked us into some rooms while I walked around and admired things here and there. I set my small suitcase down on the floor next to a big fluffy chair and sat down.

"Run more copies, what I have right now isn't enough." The woman sitting next to me said into her phone. "How much? A couple kilos, maybe?" She continued to chatter. "Money, around 4 million. It's just an estimate though, don't take my word for it."

"Jin Hee, let's go." I grabbed my suitcase from the floor and ran over to him. "We're in rooms 203 and 204." He smiled, handing me my room key. I helped him with the luggage and we went up.

"These rooms are nice!" I said when we went into my room. Jin set my luggage on the floor and dragged his to his room.

"I'll meet you back here in twenty minutes, okay? Freshen up and we'll go sightseeing, yeah?" He suggested.

"Mm! Sounds like a plan." He left and I quickly went to change in the bathroom and wash my face then dropped onto my bed for a nap.

Whoosh!

"Omo!" I woke up, startled. Outside the wind was slamming against the glass door, rain clouds crashing against each other making loud thunder sounds throughout the city. "That scared the crap out me." I stood and started to unpack my stuff. I grabbed the last of my suitcases, the small suitcase, and opened. Now originally, I had packed my make-up, hair, and skin products in there but what I found this time was not even close to any of that.

"Hey kid, ready to go out?" Jin walked into my room. "What's wrong?" He asked when I stared blankly at the open suitcase.

"There.. it's.. " I stuttered. "That's not.. Where'd it come from?" I couldn't believe my eyes. Jin walked over to me and looked into the suitcase.

"Oh my god, where'd you get all this money from!?" In the suitcase were stacks and bundles of money. Hundreds of thousands of dollars all packed neatly to the brim of each side.

"I don't know! This isn't my case! Mine had make-up stuff in it and a whole bunch of other girly crap.." I mumbled. I started taking out the giant stacks of money and found another little surprise at the bottom of the suitcase. One tightly wrapped package. Drugs. "Oh man, this is just getting worst by the second.." I wanted to cry.

"What the hell? Where did you get this from?" Jin was way calmer than I was.

"I had it with me since we left home weeks ago."

"You must have misplaced it, maybe you took someone else's?" I retraced all my steps. The taxi ride, the unloading of the luggage, the check-in, the big fluffy chair. "That's it! The chair! When I put my suitcase down there was a woman sitting next to me. She was talking on the phone, I must have taken hers by accident."

"How could you not have noticed the difference in weight? How much junk did you have in your case?"

"It wasn't a lot! Just essentials, you know?"

"You don't even need makeup, you're already so pretty.." He muttered thinking I couldn't hear him. I just smiled. "How do you think we should return it?" I shrugged. "Maybe we should leave it where you picked it up. We can easily replace all the things that were in your suitcase, right?"  I nodded. I started putting everything back into the case and held one stack of money in my hand.

"Maybe we can keep just one?" I grinned hoping to convince Jin.

"Of course!" He said. My eyes lit up with joy. "NOT!" He said flatly. "We have to return all of it and get as uninvolved as possible. You better than anyone should know that."

"I know.." I knew that money wasn't a problem for us but it would have been nice to have some back up money for a rainy day.

"Can I use your bathroom?" Jin asked.

"Sure, let me just pick up the clothes I left in there when I changed earlier." I was about to go to the bathroom when there was a knock at the door.

"Room service!" I went to open the door.

"I didn't order anything sir." I told him.

"Miss Jin Hee?"

"That's me."

"I ordered food, I thought we should eat before we left." Jin came up from behind me.

"Oh, well in that case please come in." I let him in then led Jin to the bathroom. When we finally returned the service man was gone.

"Put that money away and lets eat." I tried to organize it the way I had found it but I couldn't get it exactly right.

"Whatever." I shut the case and joined Jin in the kitchen. After we ate, we grabbed the case, some jackets and umbrellas in case it rained,and anything that was important like phones and our own money and were out the door.

"Do you think maybe we should return it at the front desk?" I suggested but then quickly realized why that would be a mistake. "Nevermind, if someone goes to reclaim it the hotel people might open it and think we had something to do with it."

"Let's just leave it where you picked it up." He said while we waited for the elevator.

Ding!

The doors opened and only a woman and two average looking guys were on it. We got on and pressed the button for the lobby. I felt like I had seen the woman somewhere before but we were in a new city, how could I possibly know anyone here? The doors closed. I stood motionless almost the entire ride until I happen to look over at the woman. She was carrying a case just like the one I was holding. It was her! The woman from the phone! The woman from the case! Should I just do an exhange? I decided to just leave it where we had found it, I'd stick to the original plan. When the doors opened they got off first and we followed. They headed for the front desk and we went the opposite direction, towards the big chair. I looked back to the woman one last time before I dropped the case and walked away.

"Hurry to the door Jin, palli!" I hissed. We scurried out and I didn't breath until I thought we were in the clear. We started to walk down the vacant streets, no people out because of the weather. We walked and talked and laughed and I felt happy for the first time in a long time. I felt relief.

"Want some coffee?" We walked into a small coffee where we found all the people that were missing on the streets. The place was packed but luckily when we walked in a couple was on their way out and a booth became available. It was towards the far back of the place. We ordered and I started looking at the other people there, tall people, short people, girls, boys, older couples and young ones too. It was then that I noticed some goons peering into the shop. It was the men from the elevator, the ones with the woman.

"Oh my god, Jin!" I ducked and told him to do the same.

"Why are we hiding?" He whispered.

"It's the owners of the case! It was those people from the elevator! They're here!" I was flipping out.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! We have to leave." They went in at the same moment we sneaked out through a side door. We would have gotten away safe too had the stupid waitress not called attention to us.

"Miss! You're drinks!" She yelled and that's when the mobsters saw us.

"Jin Hee, run!" Jin and I jolted out of there and gained a pretty decent head start.

"HEY!! GET BACK HERE DAMN KIDS! GIVE US BACK OUR MONEY!" I heard them yelling in the distance. I turned back and a car had come to help them gain on us. The car sped up but we managed to sneak into a crowd of people that appeared when we turned a corner. There was some sort of outdoors concert/fan signing event that didn't let the weather interfere with their plans. At least a hundred to two hundred people where there.

"Are you okay?" I asked Jin while I was out of breath.

"Yes." He panted. "You?" I nodded. We found a place to hide. "What was that guy talking about? Didn't you put all the money back?"

"I did! But when I was putting it back, it didn't seem to fit as good as it had when we first opened it." We both sat, thinking silently.

"ROOM SERVICE!" We both said at the same time.

"That piece of crap must have taken some of the money when we both left the room!" My fists balled up in anger. "Now what?"

"We keep running."

_____________________________________________________________________________

"We've been running ever since." I said to myself when my flashback ended.

"Hmm?" Jin turned to me.

"Nothing." I half smiled. I stared at his poor beaten face. His once flawless face was now purple here and there with a couple of complementary scars to go with his bruises. I myself didn't even want to imagine what I looked like. Those men had no mercy on me the few times they caught us. They didn't care that I was a girl, to them I was the that stole their money and for that I would suffer the same punishment any other perpetrator would. The thing was that I hadn't done anything wrong. I had simply made a mistake. Now I suffered the consequences. The worst part wasn't even that. I couldn't stand to think that because of me Jin was suffering too. I had dragged him down to the worst of slums from his once luxurious life. He went from not having a care in the world to counting quarters for food. I apologized to him every single day and today wasn't the exception. "Jin?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."


Hello! Long time no update ^^ Please comment, sunscribe, upvote, etc and thanks for reading :)