The Road to Loneliness

In the Middle of Love and War

It hurts!

I screamed inside my head. I felt an unbearable pain shooting up and down my leg. The pain was so immensely strong that I couldn't see anything. The abyss of pure darkness was so grand that I lost all sense of direction, all sense of who I was, or where I'd been. I tried moving forward , trying hard to get somewhere, but I couldn't. I felt the pain cripple me from the inside out. Instead of moving forward I folded over in pain, curled up in a ball on a floor that, for all I knew, wasn't even there. I was pathetic. I was alone. I was a sorry excuse of a person. I was in the pit of darkness for what felt like years when suddenly a sharp and cold feeling started going up my aching leg. It felt as though I was being sliced into pieces but I didn't know how to stop it. More like, I couldn't stop it. After what felt like years of silence, I started to hear voices. In the distance I saw a small glimmer of light. I started to trudge towards it slowly but it was getting farther away the more I moved. I walked faster, upping my pace out of frustration until I was in a full blown running mode, swallowing the pain. The light was closer, the voices louder. One voice in particular became my utter motivation.

"Oppa, can you hear me?"

Yes! I can hear you!

"Wake up soon please.."

I ran hard, pushing myself until I reached the light.

"Aghh!" My eyes shot open and the bright lights from above hurt me. I sat up slowly, breathing heavily, while small beads of sweat lined up on my forehead.

"Yoongi? Oh my God, you're awake!" Jin hee rushed over to my side and hugged me tightly. She grabbed my face in her hands and kissed my forehead in relief. 

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" 

"That's not important oppa. What's important is that you're okay." She tightened her grip on my face and the tears just poured out like a waterfall. "Oh god, I just missed you so much! I was so scared oppa.." She pulled me in for a light kiss, and whispered "I am so sorry this happened to you..." I pressed my forhead on hers "..this is all my fault."

"Baby, don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault, and let's just be glad everything is over with, okay?" She nodded.

"Jin hee, am I gonna be okay?" I felt lost.

"You're going to be perfectly fine." Soon the door opened and all my members were there.

"Hyung!"

"Suga!"

"How do you feel?"

I was so glad to see everyone and be able to hug them. They told me how I had been unconsious for two days after the removal of the bullet in my leg nd they explained that I lost a dangerous amount of blood. I was happy that I was awake now but I knew that I would have to work hard to gain my strength to walk again and I was ready for the challenge!

___________

I was not ready. It'd been 3 weeks since I had gotten shot and things were bleak. I had been forced in to rehabilitation to restore my leg strength but it was awful. I was so determined at first but now I was just so tired I wanted to quit.

"Oppa, you're going great!" Jin hee cheered for me along with Jin and Jungkook.

I pushed myself forward with the two bars in my tight grip to help me hold myself up. I moved my legs but the injured one couldn't stand the weight I tried to put on it. After thirty minutes I somehow managed to reach the end. The nurse helped me into my wheel chair and moved aside so that Jin hee could cover my legs with a blanket.

"Oppa, you're going to be walking in no time!" She smiled but something about it pushed me over the edge.

"No I'm not! Jin hee I am not getting any better! Can you just stop hoping for that? God, just stop it!" I shoved her away, blanket and all, and wheeled myself out of the rehab center and onto the elevator across the hall. She stared at me while the elevator doors slowly closed, her expression dark and saddened, a small tear rolling down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and turned to Jungkook and Jin, taking deep breaths and forcing a smile as if nothing had happened. Why the hell is she crying? There is no reason she should be upset, she can walk! 

"Can you push the button for floor number 4 please?" I turned to ask a girl that was standing behind me. She nodded and pressed it. "Thank you." She was the only other person on the elevator with me and the silence was awkward between us.

"So how'd it happen?" She filled the silence. I thought about her question for a bit and then realized.

"I was shot." I stated simply and to my surprise she didn't ask any more questions. "What are you in for?"

"I'm sick." She stated simply and I didn't ask anymore questions. The door opened, I struggled to wheel myself out and she followed, pushing my chair for me. "What room?"

"329". We reached the room and she helped me in but instead of leaving afterwards, she sat down. "What's your name?"

"Hyemi."

"I'm Yoongi, nice to meet you." I had a hard time getting her to talk to me but after awhile I couldn't get her to be quiet. She told me how she had been hospitalized for awhile and how her parents had passed away in a car accident. Now she was under government care, they took care of her hospital bills and whatnot but overall, she was alone. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I had family and friends and she didn't. In that while that we talked I felt like we became close, I felt like I had finally found someone who understood what it felt like to be in this hell hole. More importantly, I felt like I needed to be there for her. I needed to be her support even when I couldn't support myself.

"...And ever since then, I haven't left the hospital." She smiled but I didn't understand why. Life had thrown her a million reasons why she should be frowning but she wasn't. Instead she smiled and she looked like a beautiful hero. I didn't know how much time had passed until Hyemi had to leave. The nurse came in to my room and told me it was time for bed. Hyemi bid her goodbye and that was the last I saw of her for a couple days. Soon after she left, Jin hee, Namjoon and  Jin walked in to check on me.

"Hey oppa." Jin hee's soft voice greeted me. I looked at her and her once bright face was now exahausted and dark. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart when I saw her, she didn't deserve what I did to her earlier and I really owed her an apology. "I brought you a little something.." She opened a paper bag and pulled out a muffin and handed it to me. "I thought it might make you feel better." I took it from her hand and looked at it for a minute. Something about that muffin burned me up inside. Or maybe it was the fact that it came from Jin hee. Always sunny and optomistic Jin Hee. Whatever it was, it pissed me off.

"Make me feel better? How the hell is this stupid muffin suppose to make me feel better?! You wanna know what would really make me feel better? WALKING!" I threw the muffin into the trash bin next to my bed. She looked at me wide-eyed, taken back by my unresonable behavior.

"Are you ing serious?" Jin grabbed Jin Hee's hand and took her away, somewhere out of the room and away from me. Namjoon and I were now the only ones in the room.

"What was that? Why are you being this way?" I crossed my arms across my chest and avoided his glare. "Look I know that this is really hard for you right now but you need to be kinder to the people who are trying their hardest to stand by you."

"What do you know?"

"You know what? Whatever, let's drop it but I will tell you this, that was the last time you EVER talk to Jin hee like that again. Do you understand that?" He turned and left without saying another word.

"Whatever, I don't need them. I especially don't need her."

______________

Hello there! :D It's been soooo long since I've updated and I'm soooooo sorry about that! Anyhow, I finally got a new laptop and I got to updating. I decided this was the perfect time since I will officially be celebrating my 1 year anniversary on AFF tomorrow July the 1st!^^

Alright, enough of that. Please comment, subscribe, and thank you so much for reading :) By the way, please excuse any mistakes ^^

Oh and please forgive me for the short chapter :c