chapter 3

Day by Day

 

You hear the phone ring; you realize it is morning already. You immediately get up and answer the phone.

         “Yobesayo?” you say groggily.

         “This is your private hospital. Please come whenever we have time. The hospital has news for you.” You hear on the other line. And you already know what is coming up. You get ready, and get in the car and drive. When you get to the hospital, you wait at the office. You see a doctor gesture for you to come to him. You stand up and walk over to the doctor.

         “Hello, I am doctor Kim.” He bowed, and introduced.

         “Oh, nice to meet you.” You say as you bow down too.

         “Please, follow me.” You do what he says. And you guys both were in the doctor office. “Well, please take a seat.” You follow his instructions. “I am sorry to say, but your brain tumor is malignant.” You just sit there, not that shocked. You don’t know what to say back. But you already expected that this was true. Why did you keep doubting yourself and tell yourself lies. “When would you like treatment, I can do the treatment next week.”

         “No, can I do the treatment in a couple of months?” you ask. That is when bigbang does their concert. I will have to do treatment after Ji young is done with the concert. So he doesn’t have to concern about me. You think to yourself

         “ummm… I think it is best to so it as soon as possible but—“

         “Please?” you ask.

         “Okay, but you have to come in the hospital whenever you can for a check up.” You nod and you go out of the hospital.

         “OMO! Why is _____________ - ah here?” Seungri said, you turn around and see all the members of bigbang but Ji young.

         “Oh Seungri-ah! I just felt a little sick, but I am fine now.” You say with a weak smile.

         “Oh really? I hope you feel better!” Daesung said. You see Taeyang look at you suspiciously, but he doesn’t want to do anything that will make you uncomfortable. But Top gives you a look, where he doesn’t believe you. You give him a reassuring smile, but he still looks at you suspiciously. Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri all went ahead. And you were standing there with Top.

         “So where is Ji young?” you ask, breaking the silence.

         “He is at a meeting. Only the leaders have to go.” He explained. You were going to walk back to the car, but he grabbed your arm. “What is wrong? You can tell me.” You look up at him.

         “There is nothing wrong.” You say through your poker face.

         “No, something is wrong. It is okay to tell me.” You smile.

         “Well, you are one of the few people who can read right through my poker face.” you reply. “Since you asked politely, but you have to promise me not to tell anyone!” you say, he just nods. “Well, I just found out I have cancer.” You say, trying not to break down. He stared at you with huge eyes, and tightens his grip on you. “Don’t tell Ji young. I will tell him when the concert is over. I don’t want him to be worried.” You pull out of his grip, and look around. But there was no one here. “I should go, before I cause any more trouble.” You walk away, as Top just stands there dumbfounded. He then ran towards the other members of bigbang and he looked back at you, but you were gone.

         You drive back home, and flop onto the bed. What should you do now? You think to yourself. You just laid I bed, and you fell back to sleep.

         “_______-ah? Is it okay I can stay here for my break?” Ji young says. He takes out the spare key you gave him. You wake up and go downstairs to greet him.

         You smile. “When are you going back to work?” you ask. He smiles.

         “In an hour, but let’s do something.” He says happily. You smile back, you felt dizzy. But you wanted to do something with Ji young.

         “Let’s just make some lunch and watch TV.” You suggest. He smiles at your simple offer. You and him are in the kitchen. He was helping chop the vegetables, and you just put the packaged ramen in the pot. In 3 minutes, you put the ramen in 2 bowls, as you and Ji young decorated the ramen with vegetables. You just smile, and put on the TV as you and him sit at the kitchen table. You were too tired to pay attention to the TV, so you just ate.

         “Honey, what’s wrong?” Ji young asked, very concerned.

         “Oh, I am just a little tired.” You reply. He didn’t believe you, but he didn’t want to push you. You and Ji young finished the ramen and you took the dishes and put them in the sink. When you were walking back, you kind of stumbled, and almost fell.

         “Are you really okay?” Ji young said, catching you.

         “Yes, but I think I am a little sick. I should go to bed.” You recommend. He carries you to the bed, and you just curl up in a ball, Ji young then gets in bed with you, and hugs you. You feel so much safer in his arms, even though he has to go soon. You just want to enjoy this moment. Forever.

         “I am always here. Don’t worry, I will always be here for you.” He whispers in your ear, before kissing you.

         You want to say that you will always be there for him, but you don’t want to lie to him.

         You wake up and you look at the clock. You have only been sleeping for 20 minutes, but you turn around to see Ji young. He wakes up, and smiles at you.

         “Your awake?” you just smile back, but he then stares at you shocked. “Omo, your nose is bleeding.” Ji young says, you stand up, and get a tissue.

         “I am okay.” You say

         “Why did your nose start bleeding though?”

         “Probably because I saw you.” You joked. “Well you better get going. Your break is almost over.”

         “But what about you?”

         “I am fine! Trust me!”

         “Okay, I will try to take you out for dinner!” He says. Ji young kisses your forehead. “I will see you later!” you smile and wave bye. When you see him leave, you don’t want to think that you will be able to leave as easily Ji young leaves for work.

 

A/N: it was just a little catch up chapter. but... OMG WHO IS EXCITED FOR SEUNGRI’S COMEBACK!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THOUGH! I NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO WITH ENDING THOUGH