Chapter 8

Frienemies...or More?

Juri turned over in her bed. Just this morning, she had gotten a horrible headache. It was so bad that she couldn't even get up, because everytime she did, her head would throb like crazy. 

"Hmmandlsdmddkfa..." she murmured half asleep. Her mother came in and looked down at her as she checked her temperature. "Aigoo, our poor Juri...you must be very tired and sick..." she said as she patted her head gently. Just then, she heard the doorbell ring. 

She gave Juri a quick peck on the forehead before hurrying to the door. She looked at the screen and smiled. 

Dahee, V, and Jungkook were there. 

"Imo! Open the door please!" Dahee said as she put her face right up to the camera. V came up next to her, "Yeah, can we see Juri?" He said, also pushing his face closer. He widened his eyes and cocked his head to the side. Jungkook stood behind them, shaking his head.

Juri's mother stifled her laighter and let them in. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Imo!" Dahee said, bowing in respect. V and Jungkook followed suit. 

"Oh! Imo, here's some vitamins we bought for Juri! And a couple of 'get well soon' flowers." V handed their gifts to her. Juri's mother took it and walked over to Juri's room and set them inside. 

"Uh, Imo...can we go in and see her?" Dahee said, following her. Juri's mother smiled and let her in, "Don't worry, she's sleeping right now so you won't get sick." 

Dahee nodded and went inside. She gently poked Juri in the side and whispered, "Juri-yah..." 

Juri grunted but didn't turn around or wake up. "Yah, gwenchana?" Dahee stuck out her hand but then she quickly retracted it, surprised by how hot she was.

"Dahee-yah? Can you come here a moment?" Juri's mom called in a loud but soft tone. 

Dahee pouted as she got up. "Poor Juri...she must feel really bad right now..." Dahee sighed before leaving her. 

"Yeh, Imo? What is it?" 

"Can you watch Juri? I have to go do some errands. I'll try to be back as soon as possible, okay?" 

Dahee smiled and nodded, "Of course! We would love to stay here and watch Juri!"

"We?" Jungkook and V asked. Dahee shot them a look, "Of course! Wae? You want to leave!?" 

The boys sighed but sat back down. "Arasso, make sure to wake her up later and give her food if I'm not back yet, okay? Oh, and help yourself to whatevers in the fridge!" 

"Arasso! Travel safely!" Dahee called after her. She waved goodbye and closed the door after her. 

After turning from the door, she saw Jungkook staring at V as V was already looking through the fridge. 

"Ah, baegopa..." V mumbled to himself. Surprisingly, he found some kimbap and started eating it. Dahee came over and grabbed a couple too.

"Jungkook, are you not going to eat some?" Dahee said, as she put one piece into . 

Jungkook shook his head, "Nah, I'm not hungry." Dahee nodded and didn't press him to eat. As she was chewing on her kimbap, she noticed a small box on the coffee table in front of Jungkook. 

"Yah, what is that?" She said, nodding towards the box. V looked up from stuffing his face and cocked his head to the side. "Yeah, what is that?" V said with his mouth full. 

Jungkook glanced at them and then at the box. Then he moved the box so that it was next to him. 

"It's nothing. Just something I bought earlier," he answered them. Dahee raised an eyebrow and grabbed a piece of the kimbap before walking over to where Jungkook was sitting. 

"What is it?" She said as she sat next to him. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow as she leaned closer to the box. 

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked as he slowly shifted the box to the other side. But when he moved it, it ended up in V's lap. V grabbed it and made it stay there as he read the label. 

"What!? Soup!? Wae!?" V said as he read it. Jungkook took the box away from the two and stood up, "Because! I wanted to buy it!" 

"Ay, don't be like that. You should share with your hyung!" 

Jungkook sighed, "It's not for you, hyung." 

Dahee smiled, mischieviously, "I know! It's for-" Suddenly, her cell phone started ringing. Dahee reached for it and pressed the answer button. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Dahee-imnida...Oh! Saem! Wayo?" 

Dahee furrowed her eyebrows and frowned as she was on the call. V turned to her, concerned. Finally, she sighed and ended the call. 

"Saem? Which?" V asked. Dahee looked over at him and pouted, "We have to go to dance practice." 

"What? Now!? But Juri..." V started to protest, but Dahee sighed again. 

"Alice Saem said that Jungkook could watch over her..." 

"WHAT!?" Both V and Jungkook yelled. Dahee gave a strange look to both of them. "...you should be happy, Jungkook. You don't have to dance to Trouble Maker today." 

V coughed nervously at the words 'trouble maker'. Dahee picked up her stuff as she headed to the door. "Take good care of Juri, Jungkook!" 

"Y-Yah! You can't just leave me here!" Jungkook said as he followed them to the door. 

"Well, say that to Alice-saem! Her words are always usually as solid as rock!" Dahee said as she opened the door. 

V followed reluctantly and just as he was about to close the door, he turned to Jungkook and looked him in the eyes. 

"Control your hormones, boy." 

Then he gave Jungkook a cheeky grin before closing the door with a 'thud' as Jungkook stared at it with his jaws wide open. 


After Dahee and V had left, Jungkook sat on the couch with nothing to do. 

He surfed the internet, but soon got bored after finding nothing interesting. He sloached even more and groaned. Why did he have to stay here!? 

He was just about to walk over to the kitchen to find something to eat, when Juri could be heard having a coughing fit. Jungkook jumped, but quickly got his composure together and walked to Juri's room. He knocked a bit before walking in. 

Juri was sleeping peacefully again after switching to the other side. He could tell that she was restless. Jungkook slowly walked over to her side, making sure he didn't bump anything and bent down to face her. 

He brushed away some of the hair in her face as he felt her forehead. It was hot. 

Jungkook looked ovee to her night stand and noticed a little bowl with a soaked towel in it. He made his way to the bathroom and filled it with water again. Then he dipped the towel in and squeezed out the excess water. 

He looked at her and slowly pulled away her blanket that was covering her body. Jungkook turned a bit pink seeing how she only wore a tank top. He patted the cold cloth on her neck and head. After doing so, he set it on her forehead. 

"Aish, pabo-yah. It's always no fun when you're sick." Jungkook patted the cloth, "Get well soon. I'll check on you again later." 

Then he walked out of the room, leaving it slightly ajar. Jungkook moved to the sofa where he turned the TV on and went to heat up the soup he bought. As he was microwaving it, he heard shuffling behind him. 

"Omma~, I'm-" Juri stopped mid-sentence when she noticed who was standing in her kitchen. Her eyes slowly widened, "Y-You! W-Wae!? H-How!?" 

Jungkook was surprised too, but quickly gave her a cheeky smile and a peace sign before turning back to the microwave. 

"Waeyo? Aren't you happy to see me?" Jungkook said as he took out the soup. 

Juri stood still, staring at him. "Yah. What are you doing here?" 

Jungkook looked up at her as he sat down at the dinner table and leaned back in his chair. "You should feel special, Juri-yah. Not everyone gets a visit from me when they're sick. Now, sit." 

Jungkook motioned to the seat in front of him and Juri slowly edged over as she took a seat, cautiously. Jungkook chuckled and pushed the soup in front of him to her. 

"Eat." Jungkook said as he nodded to the bowl. Juri cautiously brought the bowl closer and took a sip with the spoon. 

"IIt's not bad...did you do something to it?" Juri asked as he raised an eyebrow at him. Jungkook smirked as he crossed his arms, "What if I did?" 

Juri glared at him and slightly pushed the bowl forward, "I'm not eating anything you're giving me now. You're untrustworthy." 

Jungkook started laughing, "I was kidding, Juri! Calm down and eat. It's no fun when you're not here. I have no one to tease." 

Juri laughed sarcastically, "Very funny, Jungkook. Very funny." 

Jungkook winked at her as she cringed. 'This soup is surprising really good and warm...unlike the person who gave it,' Juri thought to herself. 

Jungkook sat there, looking at his cell phone and would occasionally look up at her. "Oh, and you should be happy that you don't have to dance to Trouble Maker. Dahee and V do...but I was really looking forward to seeing you be y!"

Juri choked on the warm soup and started having a coughing fit. Jungkook jerked up straight and stretched out his hand to her, but hesitated and brought it back. He watched with worried eyes as she regained her composure. Once she did, she looked up at him, "WHAT!?" 

Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly with a playful look, "It's true. They've been practicing for a while now." 

Juri shook her head, "No, the other thing you said. You wanted to see me be....Y!?" 

Jungkook smiled and put his head on one of his hands, "Oh, yeah. Of course!" 

Juri smacked his arm, "YAH! YOU BYUNTAE! GET OUT! I DON'T WANT TO STAY WITH A BYUNTAE LIKE YOU!" 

"YAH! APPO!" Jungkook yelled as he backed away from her. Juri sat down in her seat again after smacking him multiple times, with her arms crossed in front of her. 

Jungkook stared at her, waiting for her next move. After waiting for couple of seconds, and with no response, he straightened. 

"Well, I'm sorry to break this to you, but I can't leave. Not until your mom gets home." 

Juri's eyes widened, "WHAT!?" Jungkook flinched, but then straightened again. 

"Y'know, you don't seem so sick anymore..." he said, smirking. Juri laughed sarcastically, before returning to her now cold soup. 

After a couple of minutes of silence, Jungkook's phone started ringing. 

"Yoboseyo? Oh! Imo!" Jungkook said as he glanced at Juri. Juri snapped her head up to him as he put her mom on speaker.

"Jungkook-ah, mianhae! I just got a text from Dahee saying that you couldn't go to practice because Juri was sick. Sorry for making you waste your time."

"Aniyo, Imo! It's fine. It is Juri by the way. Friends stick together!" Jungkook answered, smirking at Juri. She glared at him and smacked his arm. 

"OMMA! Why did you have to leave me with a guy!? What if Jungkook did something to me as I was sick and lying in bed!?" 

Jungkook held back his laughter as Juri took his cell phone, and put it near her. 

"Oh, Juri, you're awake? Do you feel better?"

"Yes, omma, I feel better, but WHY!? WHY MUST JUNGKOOK STAY WITH ME!?" 

"To make sure you're okay, of course," her mother said with a calm voice. 

"-Plus, I'm sure Jungkook won't do anything to you. He's too sweet and caring!" 

Jungkook smiled triumphantly at her as she stuck out her tongue to him, "Sweet!? Caring!? As if!" 

"Juri. Jungkook is a sweet boy. You've only scratched the surface if you don't realize this! How can you call yourself his friend if you don't know!" Her mom scolded her. 

Juri's mouth dropped open. Did her mom just...No. No. Way. 

"Omma!" 

"Agi, I have to get back to work! I'll be home in the next couple of hours. Thank you, Kookie; for staying with Juri!" 

"Yeh! No problem!" Jungkook said as he leaned forward again. After ending the call, Juri groaned as Jungkook leaned back in his chair, triumphant. 

Then Juri snapped back up and pointed at him. "You. What did you do to my mom? What spell did you put on her!?" Jungkook only laughed as he got up and sat on the sofa, watching the drama that was ignored for a while. 

Juri turned her body to face him, "Yah. Answer me." 

Jungkook only laughed and shook his head, not looking at her. 

This was going to be a long "couple of hours." 


A/N

Helloooo! Finally, an update! Hehe, but yes. I hope you are all doing well!? Well, I have no one to talk to as of now(cuz I'm a loner, I'm a loner, daradiridaradu~)...it's 5:30 PM here and I'm stuck at school. I'm hanging out in the library, waiting for my mom, and super hungggrrryyyy! 

Other than that, I hope you guys liked this chapter! It was NOT looked over for any mistakes whatsoever, so bear(or bare...Idk) with me. 

Good morning/Good afternoon/Good night! ^^ 

P.S. 

Thanks for subscribing guys...and commenting. It makes me really happy! :3 But yes. I continuously check AFF almost every day and so, in all, I have 106 subbies as of now for all my stories! Thank you guys so much! 

♥♥♥♥ Hearts for ALL!