Chapter 9

Frienemies...or More?

Juri watched as Jungkook would occasionally laugh from time to time at the jokes on TV. She continued to watch his body language, since he never did answer her question. Juri was still sitting on her chair, slightly glaring at him and mumbling incohert things under her breath when he turned his head to look at her. 

"What? Are you amazed by my handsome face?" Jungkook asked, giving her a cheeky grin. Juri scoffed and crossed her arms, "As if!" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes with a smile before he started to grin mischeiviously. Juri looked at him cautiously.

"What are you doing?" Juri asked him as his smile grew bigger. He was looking a bit past her, but then quickly looked away back to the TV screen, chuckling. 

Juri looked around her and felt uncomfortable, so she moved quickly to the other sofa. Jungkook watched her every move. Once she was sitting, Jungkook turned to face her. 

"Why'd you move?" Jungkook asked. Juri looked at the screen and ignored his question. He watched her as she pulled her knees to her chest and layed her head there. 

Jungkook sighed and couldn't focus on the TV. For some reason, he found more interest in Juri. 

Juri was sitting on the sofa to his right and was now sitting cross legged. She looked at the TV screen then she'd pick at her shirt to fix it. 

'Why does she look so appealing even though she's so bare-faced?' Jungkook thought to himself. 'She'd make a great model or something...wait, she's not tall enough.' 

Jungkook snickered at his own thought which caught the attention of Juri. She whipped her head around to look at him. 

"What?" She asked. Jungkook shook his head, "Aniya, it's nothing!" He said with a big smile. Juri cringed a bit and focused back to the screen, feeling self-conscious because of his prescence. 

"So...you don't feel sick anymore?" 

Juri shook her head, looking forward, "No. But if you keep saying that, I just might be." 

Jungkook smiled at her bluntness. Same Juri as always. 

"Well, then can I go home?" Juri nodded and waved her hand nonchalantly, "Go ahead! You should've left earlier!" 

Jungkook shrugged and got up. But just as he was standing, his cell phone started ringing.

"Yoboseyo?" 

"YAH! YOU BETTER NOT BE LEAVING!" 

Jungkook pulled his cellphone away from his ear and grimaced. It was Dahee, of course. 

"What is it now!?" Jungkook groaned while putting on his jacket. Juri watched him silently as she could hear the person on the other side yell. 

"Alice-saem wants to speak to you~!" V sang next to Dahee. Then the call was switched to their teacher. 

"Hello? Jungkook? Is Juri there? If she is, put me on speaker," Alice said, patiently. 

"O-Oh, okay." Jungkook clicked the speaker button, "You're on speaker, saem." 

Juri straightened at the word of 'saem'. "Okay, Jungkook, Juri? This is going to be really quick. I want you two to come in after school tomorrow. We can't have our two leads miss out on any practice! Plus, we want to see your Trouble Maker dance." 

Juri blushed, "But saem, what if I'm still sick..." 

"It'll be fine. Come anyways. Hope to see you two afterschool tomorrow! Come right after!" Then the call ended. 

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but then he closed it. Juri facepalmed, "We're barely ready to dance 'Trouble Maker'." 

Jungkook sighed and turned his head to look her in the eye. "We should practice then." 

"Right now!?" Juri asked, baffled. Jungkook nodded, "There isn't anywhere else to go. We don't want you to get sick anymore than you have to," he said with a concerned face. 

Juri's heart beated faster when he looked at her that way. She cleared , "Fine. We'll have to practice here in the living room then." 

Juri went to her room and came back out with her laptop. "Here, I was actually looking at the video yesterday and I still have the tab up." 

She sat down next to Jungkook as he took off his jacket again. They sat next to each other and concentrated on the screen. 

After the video ended, Juri pouted. "I'm not sure if I can get the whole thing down." 

Jungkook patted her shoulder, encouragingly, before he moved the coffee table and one of the sofas. 

Juri stood up, reluctantly and walked towards him. He took her hand and spun her, jokingly. 

"Aw, come on, Juri. Enough with that pout! You should be happy that you get to dance with the Golden Maknae." 

Juri laughed, "Golden Maknae!? Since when!?" 

Jungkook felt triumphant when she smiled at him, "Since I joined my dance group. And I mean the underground one." 

"Pssh, right. Well, you're not golden here. You're older than me, oppa." 

Jungkook smirked and put his hand on his heart, "You called me 'oppa'! Finally!" 

Juri smacked him playfully, "Shut up and focus on the routine." Jungkook bowed, "Yeh, seongsaengnim." 

Finally, they started to learn the routine. Juri tried to push away her nervousness whenever Jungkook would touch her. She felt her face get warm whenever it was the chorus as his face would get closer. 

"You think Jason and Alice would mind if we changed it up a bit?" Juri asked after getting a drink of water. She gave a cup to Jungkook too. He took a sip from it before answering, "I don't think so. Jason always encouraged us to make things our own." 

Juri nodded understandingly. "So-" 

Click Click

The door opened and in came Juri's mom, "Agi, I got-Oh, Jungkook-ah. You're still here?"

Jungkook bowed, respectively, "Yeh, annyeonghaseyo." 

Juri's mom smiled and put down some of her groceries on the dinner table. "Sorry I had to trouble you by asking you to stay." 

Jungkook gave her a smile and helped her with the other groceries, "Aniyo, it was fun, right Juri?" 

Juri glared at him, but played along, "Sure, of course it was." 

Juri's mom observed the two and then broke into laughter. "You two are so cute!" She pinched both of their cheeks. 

"Omma~" 

"Imo~" 

She let go of their cheeks and patted them before turning around to start on dinner. "Jungkook-ah, are you going to stay for dinner? I know it's a school night, but it's the least I can do to repay you." 

"Oh, I'm sure my mom won't mind. I'll be here and not wandering the streets at least." 

"I'll call your mom to let her know. You should finish your homework or something while you're waiting for me to be done." 

"Actually, we were practicing our routine for our dance rehearsal tomorrow," Jungkook answered. Juri felt out of place as she sat down on the sofa sulking. Jungkook was talking to her mother as if he were her own son. 

Juri left them, sighing, and went to her room. She took her laptop and when she layed on her bed, she scrolled through the internet. She checked all of her messages and emails. She had gotten a message from Dong Min. 

Hey! You weren't at school today. Are you alright?

Juri sighed, "this guy won't stop, will he?"

Yeah, I'm fine. Just didn't feel well, but I'm okay now

She logged out before he could reply. She fell on her bed, groaning, and then grabbed her pillow before screaming in to it. 

'I don't know what to do with Dong Min. I dont want to be mean...but he's a good friend.' 

"What's with all the faces?" 

Juri jumped back into a sitting position to see Jungkook leaning against the door frame. She threw a pillow at him, but he caught it. 

"What's up with you!? Don't you know how to knock!?" She yelled at him. He only laughed and walked in. He sat on the chair in front of her desk. 

"I didn't invite you in either, Jungkook." 

"Hey, where did the 'oppa' go!?" He said as he looked around her room. Everything was pretty neat except for her desk. Her desk was a total mess. 

"Tch, the only people I call oppa is EXO." 

Jungkook cringed and made a face, "You and your fangirling. I mean, what's so great about 12 guys when you obviously have me here!? I have a lot of fans too!" 

Juri crossed her arms, "You're not as cute and handsome." 

Jungkook scoffed, "I can't believe you would say that! I'm going to tell all of my fangirls and they'll hunt you down." He stuck his tongue out at her before walking out. But then he walked backwards, "Oh yeah, come eat." Then he left. 


 

"Okay, goodbye Jungkook! Walk home safely!" Juri's mom waved at him as he put his shoes on. "Yeh, thanks for having me and giving me all of this food." 

"No problem! Juri, come walk Jungkook to the elevator!"

Juri peeked from the door of her room, "Waeyo!? Why me!?"

Her mother gave her a stern look. Juri sighed in defeat, "Arasso." 

Juri didn't bother to wear her shoes and walked out of her apartment with her fuzzy socks, oversized t-shirt and shorts."Are you coming?" She said as Jungkook stared at her, wide-eyed. 

"Did you just change into shorts?" he asked, surprised. Juri nodded, slowly, "Yeah, why?" 

Jungkook shook his head, "It's nothing. I just never imagined you to be the type to flaunt your legs." 

Juri pulled her shirt more over her shorts, "Yah, don't stare!" 

Jungkook smirked as he walked past her, "I already did." 

"ert!" Juri smacked his arms and back relentlessly until he finally gave in.

"Okay, okay! Calm down! But seriously, don't wear things like that. You never know who may want to hurt you and I don't want you to get hurt." 

Juri stopped. She felt her heart race when he said "I don't want you to get hurt." 

She looked down, embarassed. As she was still stuck in her thoughts, she felt a pat on her head. 

"Good night!" Jungkook said as he clicked the button to the lobby. Juri nodded, "Night." 

After the doors closed, Juri fanned herself. "Why am I feeling this way!? No way possible that I could like Jungkook...right?" 

But, inside, she knew. She knew why her heart was feeling that way. She only refused to believe it. 

'Maybe I keep him out of my mind, I'll forget about it...' 

But as she lay in bed, trying to sleep, her mind kept on wandering back to him. She kept on thinking about what could happen if they were a couple. She fangirled thinking about all the cute things they could do, but then she stopped. 

"Juri, what the heck are you thinking!?" She said to herself. She lightly slapped her cheeks. "No, you can't think of him that way..." 

'Or can I...?'

 


 

A/N

Happy Late Thanksgiving!! I hope you guys all had a wonderful time with your families and ate lots of food!! I did!! And now I feel really fat...xD I'm going to burst. Lol, but I want to say thank you to all of my subbies and all of you guys that supported me!! 

It's great to see some of your comments and to see many new subscribers!! It gives me much motivation and makes me feel proud of myself!! I'm so glad that I'm able to share all of my fluffiness with you guys!! 

I, honestly, do love all of you guys that are reading this note!! Subbie, a random reader, a silent reader, etc, I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart!! 

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!! ♥♥♥

P.S. 

This was not inspected for any grammatical or spelling errors!! :)