Chapter 2

Frienemies...or More?

Flash Back

"Happy Birthday to you~!" everyone waited expectantly for Juri to blow out her four candles. Just as she opened her eyes, taking in a huge breath, the fire was gone. 

Juri looked around and found Jungkook laughing like crazy. Then she cried at his cruel joke. 

"Aigoo, my poor baby! Don't cry! We'll light it again!" 

After lighting it, Junghwa held her hand over Jungkook's mouth making sure he wouldn't blow again.

"Jungkook, you meanie! Don't ever try that again!" Junghwa scolded him. 

Seven Years Old: 

"Juri-yah! Come over here! I found your toy!" Jungkook yelled from the toy room. 

"Chinjja!? Where!?" Juri came running through to find that Jungkook wasn't in there. "Jungkook?" 

She turned around when she heard some snickering, but what she saw was a huge spider in front of her face. 

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

As she ran away, Jungkook came out from behind the door, laughing. Then he called to her, "Juri-yah! It was just a toy!" 

Later that Day...

"Juri! Come heerree~!" Jungkook whined. Juri walked right past him. 

"Juri~!" He whined again, but he was ignored. He followed her to the picnic blanket where they were eating outside. 

"Here, you two. Eat up before you guys all start playing again." Jungkook's mother said to them. She then handed each of them a sandwich and a pack of juice.

As Jungkook was eating his sandwich, his eyes wandered to Juri and how she refused to look at him now. He sighed in defeat. 'This was no fun' he thought. One of his only friends refused to play with him. 

Just as he was looking down, he saw something crawling up Juri's leg. He squinted and scooted a little bit closer. 

It was a spider. A real one.

"Go away, Jungkook." Juri said, turning away from him. 

"Uh...Juri...there's something on your leg..." 

Juri turned to look at him and glared, "Stop joking, Jungkook

Jungkook looked at her with wide eyes, "I"m not joking..."

Juri rolled her eyes and when she did so, she looked down.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH! JEON JUNGKOOOOKK!"

Jungkook shrugged with a little smile on his lips, "I tried to warn you!" 

End of Flashback

"Thanks for the ride, Mrs. Park! I'll come over to your house tomorrow and hang out, kay?" Dahee said as she left the car. 

"Okay! Call me!" I yelled after her. She turned back around and waved before going inside her apartment building. 

"So...Mrs. Jeon tells me that Jungkook transferred to RS, correct? 

"Yup. Most of my classes are with him too..." I mumbled. 

"That's great! Maybe you guys can finally catch up and become friends again!"

"I highly doubt it, omma." My mom lightly tapped my knee, "Nuh uh! I have a feeling you two will be great friends again! Maybe even more!" She nudged my shoulder. 

"Omma!" 


"So...Jungkook. Mind telling us how you know Juri?" V asked him. Jungkook smiled, thinking of the past. 

Just as he opened his mouth to answer, his mom cut him to it. 

"Well, they've known each other ever since...well, maybe since they were born? I don't remember but I do remember them always bickering and then playing together again like nothing ever happened." 

"Oh! And then I remember that one time our Kookie stood up to a bully for her! It was so cute and sweet!" 

Jimin and V bursted into laughter, "Jungkook!? Standing up for a girl!?" Jungkook turned crimson. 

"Yeh! It was even cuter because he was so small!" His mom added. "Omma~! Don't tell people such embarassing things!" Jungkook protested. 

His mom, V, and Jimin laughed at him as he continued to whine. "Yah, Jungkook-ah! Why didn't you ever stand up for me!?" Jimin asked in between his fits of laughter. 

Jungkook turned around from his shotgun seat and glared at him, "Hyung. You're not helping. Plus, look at all your muscles! Surely, you can defend yourself!" 

"Aniyo! Have you seen this face!?," Jimin put his hands under his chin, "it's too cute to be used for such harsh things!" V and Jimin bursted into another round of laughter. 

After giving them one last glare, he turned back around to face the front and sighed. 

"Omma, we should have never asked them if they needed a ride." Jungkook said. His mom eyed him, "Wae? I like your friends. You should introduce them to Juri!"

"Aish, Omma!" Jungkook whined. But when he looked out the window, he smiled to himself. Introducing you to his hyungs actually did seem like a good idea. He was sure you'd like them and they'd like you. 


The next day...

"Yah, Juri! Park Juri!" Juri turned to the other side when she heard her name being called by her sister. 

"YAH!" Junghwa yelled as she stormed in. She yanked the covers off of Juri. "GET UP!" 

"Aish...wae!?" Juri groaned as the sun hit her face. Junghwa opened the curtains even bigger. "Get up, girl! You need to go help mom with something!" 

"Why me!?" Juri protested, sitting up. "Because~I have a date with Jin! It's our three year anniversary!" Junghwa answered, squealing. 

Juri clapped, lazily. "Yaaay! Next thing you know, he'll be asking you to marry him. Now leave. I want to get at least 10 more minutes! I was dreaming of EXO!" 

Then she pulled the covers back over her head as Junghwa stood there. "Aish, what am I to do with you!?" Then she walked out. 

Just as Juri was getting to the good part of her dream she felt the blanket leave her body. She patted for it, but she didn't find it. Finally, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. 

When she looked up, she saw Dahee sitting on the chair in front of her laptop. 

"What are you doing?" Juri asked, squinting. "You're finally awake." Dahee answered, not looking back. 

"Uh, yeah. What are you doing?" Juri asked again. Dahee spun in the chair and faced her with her arms crossed across her chest and with a serious face.

"I have been waiting." Juri raised an eyebrow as Dahee sat there. Finally, she cracked a smile and started to laugh. 

"Haha, I have always wanted to do that." Dahee got up and grabbed her things, "I'll wait for you out in the kitchen. Hurry up though! We have somewhere urgent to go!" 

After washing up and getting dressed, she finally went out for some breakfast. 

"About time you're up!" Juri's dad said, looking up from his cup of coffee. Juri gave him a little salute and sat down next to Dahee as she was stuffing herself with Juri's mom's cooking.

"Exabtwy. I ate mosh of yo food alweady." Dahee said, still eating. 

Juri gave her a side glance and ate her food quietly. Suddenly, Dahee started coughing. 

"Woah, slow down there, Dahee-yah. Don't choke!" Juri said, patting her back. 

Juri's dad looked up, concerned. "You girls okay?" Dahee drank her water and gave him an 'ok' sign. 

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Just had something very urgent to tell Juri!" She answered, smiling brightly. 

"Something to tell me? What?" Juri asked her. "Did you not check your cell phone this morning?" 

Juri shook her head, "Aniyo. I didn't...yet." 

Dahee facepalmed, "Aish, check it! No, wait. Just look at this." 

She held up her cell phone and it read, 

Class! Jason and I just thought of a great assignment for you all! We want you to get together with your partners and try to learn Trouble Maker. You should all know what it is, right? This is a great time to get to know your partner. Have fun! I expect to see some progress by next week. 

- Alice Saem

Juri's eyes bugged out. "What!? An assignment, already!?" Dahee nodded, "Yup. AND DO YOU KNOW HOW Y AND HARD LOOKING THAT SONG IS!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN IT!" She said gripping onto her hair.

"AND YOU KNOW WHAT!? V TEXTED ME LIKE TEN MINUTES AFTER ALICE SAEM SENT THIS TEXT AND ASKED IF YOU AND I COULD MEET AT HIS UNCLE'S DANCE STUDIO!" 

"WHAT!?" Juri said, almost choking on her food. 

"EXACTLY!" Dahee said, before laying her head on the table. 

"This is going to be a disaster!" Dahee groaned. Juri patted her shoulder, "It's okay. I have to dance with Jungkook." Juri pouted. 

Dahee looked up, "What!? He's a great dancer!" 

"But his personality is-"

"Park Juri. I hope you're not badmouthing Jungkook again." Her dad cut in. Juri looked at him and pouted again, "Appa~! But you know how he is!" 

"He is a perfectly good person, Juri-yah. Just because he played a couple tricks on you doesn't make him a bad person. Plus, he always apologizes!" 

"No, he doesn't!" 

"Park Juri. We will discuss this later, but right now I have to go to work. Your mom will be back at 7. If you're going to go to the dance studio,  make sure to come back by then." He dad said, gathering his stuff and kissing the top of her head. "Don't cause any trouble and no more badmouthing Jungkook, okay?" 

"Arasso, appa." Juri sighed in defeat. Dahee looked at the time on her cell phone and gasped. 

"We're late! I told V we would be there 5 minutes ago! Hurry!" She said, grabbing her things. 

"Hold up! Let me go change into something more loose since someone decided to make plans without notifying me." Dahee sighed and waved as a signal to tell her to hurry up. After Juri changed into an oversized t-shirt, tights, and her sneakers, they headed out.

"So where is this-"

"Here it is!" Dahee cried out as they reached it. It was one of the most well kept dance studios in Seoul. 

"Woah. I've heard so many good comments about this place! I can't wait to see it!" Juri said, excitedly. They both hurried inside and they saw V waiting in the lobby. He looked up from his cell phone and waved happily. 

Dahee waved back. "Sorry! Were you waiting long?" Dahee said as they were walking down the corridor to the dance studio. 

"Aniyo. Not that long. Jungkook just got here five minutes before you guys came."

"Jungkook's here?" Juri asked. V nodded, "Of course! We're supposed to be learning with our partners." 

"Oh...haha, that's right." Juri mentally groaned and wanted to stomp like a little kid but she resisted.


When they got to the studio, they could hear Troube Maker playing out loud. They opened the door to see Jungkook staring at the computer screen intently, trying to memorize the moves. 

"It looks like you're trying to burn holes through the screen." Juri said as she leisurely walked over. Jungkook looked up at her, pausing the video. After she set down her stuff, she sat next to him. 

"Hi, to you too." Jungkook said before replaying the video and staring intently at it. After watching the video, the four of them attempted. 

"Just a little warning though, I am not that great of a dancer." Dahee said outloud. V patted her shoulder and pushed her forward, gently. 

"You'll be fine, as long as you'll be learning with me." V reassured her. Dahee looked at him doubtfully but followed after him. First they learned it without music. 

"Yah, Jungkook. You better not touch me anywhere you're not supposed to!" Juri said, putting her arms in front of her. Jungkook smirked and pulled her into his arms so that she had his back towards him. 

"What if I do?," he whispered into her ear. Juri instantly blushed, "Y-yah! Let go!" She said, pushing him. Jungkook let go laughing. 

"Don't worry. You're not that attractive anyways." Jungkook said, smirking again. Juri glared at him and pushed him, "Stop it! You're so mean!" 

Jungkook stuck his tongue out at her, "No, I'm not." 

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yeah." 

"No." 

"Yes, you-" "Okay you two! Break it up! If you two keep bickering, how are we ever going to learn?" V said, stepping into the middle of them. 

"Since you two are more experienced, practice ahead of us. We'll be going at a slower pace. No fighting!" V pointed his finger to the two of them before walking back to Dahee. 

"Okay, fine. I just want to get this quickly over with." Juri said. Jungkook shook his head as they both got into position and he played the music. 

They both focused intently on the routine and they got the first 30 seconds done perfectly. Then Juri had to trail her fingers up Jungkook's chest as he turned his head near her neck. They both were able to finish that part with no difficulties. 

Then there came the part where he held her hand and slowly brought their faces close together. Juri looked at him and slightly felt her cheeks heat up by seeing how close he was and how serious he looked. He was a totally different person from the playful one she knew. 

As they were moving about with the routine, she remembered the part when she had to slide down his back. Just as the music was getting to that part, Juri stopped. 

"What are you doing? We were doing perfectly well!" Jungkook asked, turning around. Juri looked to the ground embarassed. 

"It's..it's too provocative!" Juri said, walking to her water bottle. Jungkook scoffed, "Too provocative!? Psh, I've seen you dance ier...or is it because you have feelings for me?" Jungkook sat next to her as she turned around in surprise. 

"What!? Me? Like you!? Haha, you've got to be kidding!" She said, sitting down. 

"Plus, when did you ever see me dancing y, you stalker!"

Jungkook laughed, "Right. How about two years ago at the competition? You and a bunch of other girls were dancing pretty ily." Juri pinked. "Y-Yah! That was only to win a competition plus I didn't have to dance with someone!"

"Right..." Jungkook said, not believing her. "I'm serious, Jungkook!" 

All he did was nod as he watched V try to teach Dahee. 

"Okay, and then you move your hips to the side and turn." V said, showing her the dance move. 

"What are you-" 

"Shhhhh!" Jungkook said, glaring at Juri. He nodded his head at Dahee and V. Juri's mouth formed an 'o' of understanding. 

Dahee tried to follow his steps but she was still too stiff and awkward. 

"You're doing great! Okay, now more loosely," V said, walking up and putting his hands on her hips. Dahee turned red at the contact. Juri smiled brightly, smacking Jungkook's thigh. 

"That's so cute!" She whispered, excitedly. Jungkook hissed in pain, "Ow! Why do you slap so hard!?" He said rubbing his thigh. 

Juri chuckled, "My bad!" and tapped his knee; still watching them dance. 

"Okay, that's it! You got it!" V exclaimed. Dahee laughed triumphantly, "Yes! Now onwards to learning the next move!" 

"I can-" Juri was beginning to say, but was cut off by Jungkook.

"Yah! Leave them alone!" he said, pulling her arm so that she was sitting again. 

"Wae? She needs some girl help! If V teaches her, she'll still be stiff." 

"Aish, just be quiet. They're having their moment." Jungkook held onto her hand to make sure she didn't go anywhere. Suddenly, he stood up, dragging her with him. 

"Hyung! We're going to go get something to eat. You want anything?" Jungkook said, reaching for his wallet and cell phone. 

V and Dahee looked up. "Eh? Oh, anything is fine. Get me some strawberry milk though! Dahee you want anything?" 

She nodded, "A strawberry milk for me too!" 

"Arasso. We'll see you guys later! Good luck practicing!" Jungkook waved and dragged Juri out. 

"So...what's next?" Dahee said, grabbing a drink from her water bottle. V scratched his nape awkwardly.

"Um...let's watch the video first..." V said. He knew what was next would make the both of them blush. 

"Oh...um..." Dahee was speechless. The next part she had to learn was to lean on V and touch his hip. Then V would be holding her hip while she held his nape. 

"Do you really want to do this?" V asked. After a couple of seconds, Dahee answered. 

"Yeah. I'll do it. We have to!" Then she stood up, waiting for V. V looked at her and smiled, "Arasso. Don't worry! I won't touch you where you don't feel comfortable." 

Dahee nodded, "Okay. Let's start from the beginning." 

Everything was going smoothly until the point where she had to turn around to face him again. When she turned, she accidentally tripped on V's leg because she got too close. 

"Oomph!" She had fallen backwards onto V.

V grunted as he fell down. "Omo! I am so sorry, V-shi!" Dahee quickly got up and almost fell again. She helped him up quickly but she was only strong enough to get him into a sitting position. 

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Dahee said, looking him up and down then she grabbed his arm checking if anything was broken. 

V then laughed. "I'm fine, Dahee-yah! Trust me. You're too light to do any harm." Dahee looked at him doubtfully. 

"Mianhe...are you sure you're fine? I'm so clumsy!" She said pouting. V patted her head, "I am perfectly fine, Dahee. Cheer up! We'll just rest for now and wait for Kookie and Juri to get back, okay?" 

Dahee nodded like a little kid, "Arasso." 


A/N

Hello there readers!! I hope you all enjoyed the second chapter!! I feel like I'm rushing things...what do you think? Let me know in the comments! TaeHee moment for Chanyoua! The one person who keeps persisting me to update. You should be happy now!! ;) 

SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!

P.S. 

Even if you don't, I still love you! ♥♥♥