Chapter 12

Frienemies...or More?

"Yah, Juri-yah. YAH!" Juri snapped out of her daze and stared at Dahee. 

"Wae?" She asked. Dahee set down her whisk and leaned against the table counter. 

"Are you okay? You've been spacing out this whole day," Dahee asked, concerned. Juri shook her head, "Nothing. It's fine." 

Even after five days, Juri couldn't get what Jungkook had said and done out of her mind. 

Dahee sighed, "Fine, I guess you'll just tell me when you're ready.But, seriously, don't ruin my boyfriend's cake." 

Juri rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Whatever. Geez, already so protective." 

Dahee gave her a toothy smile, "Of course! All those fan girls the guys have will still want to flirt with him, so I have to protective!" 

Juri shook her head, "Fine, fine. So, when did the guys say they were getting here?" 

Dahee looked at her watch, "Um, they said that they'll be here around 1PM to set up decorations, but Jungkook is going to continue stalling him until maybe 3PM?" 

"Oh, okay. But it's already a bit past 1PM..." Juri stated, starting on the next layer of the cake. Dahee opened to say something, but the doorbell rang. 

"That's probably them," Dahee said, excitedly. Since she had the cleanest hands out of the two, she ran to open the door. 

Sure enough, it was the BTS members. Besides V and Jungkook, that is. 

"Hello dear Dahee!" Jimin said as he walked through the door, carrying bags of stuff. The other members followed suit and greeted her as they walked in. 

"Hey, guys!" Juri greeted as they all came to the kitchen and living room. 

"Hello!" They said in greeting. "Oh, Jin Oppa, thanks for letting us use your apartment. We might make a huge mess, fyi," Juri said, chuckling. 

Jin waved his hand nonchalantly, "Nah, it's fine. It's nice to have everyone gather around here once in a while." 

Junghwa pecked his cheeks as she came up next to him, "Yeah, it'll be a birthday party and a house warming party!" 

Dahee smiled at the couple, "I still can't believe you're getting married, unnie!" 

Junghwa nodded and looked down at her ring, "I can't either!" Jin laughed as he back-hugged her. 

"Aigoo, should I take back the ring and propose again then?" Jin said, jokingly. Junghwa pushed his shoulder lightly, "Stop kidding, oppa!" 

Dahee sighed in content before pouring the cake batter into the baking pan. 

'I wonder if me and Taehyung will be like that someday....'

Dahee smiled brightly to herself thinking of her and V's future. 

"Well, someone's happy..."

Dahee closed the oven door before turning around to look at the speaker. 

Jimin had his head cocked to one side as he leaned on the counter. 

"Wae? I can't smile once in a while?" Dahee asked, jokingly. Jimin put his hand on his chin, "Hmm, how about no?" 

Dahee smacked his shoulder, "Yah!" 

Jimin laughed, "Fine, fine! You can! But if V or some guy wipes that smile off your face, I'm going to beat him up! Same goes to you, Juri!" 

Juri didn't look up but only gave him a thumbs up, not even turning around. 

Dahee crossed her arms, "No! You can't hurt Taehyung!" 

Jimin messed up her hair, "Aigoo, arasso. I'll just give him a long lecture then!" 

Before Dahee could retaliate, Jimin ran away towards his hyungs to help with decorating. 

"Aish, that oppa." Dahee clicked her tongue and made a face behind his back while fixing her hair. 

~♥~

"Hyung! What are you looking at?" Jungkook asked, walking back after realizing V wasn't behind him. He had turned around and found V oogling at a store. 

"Hyung!" He called again. V looked up at him, dazed and lightly smiling. "Jungkook...I want that one!" V said, pointing to something behind the glass. 

Jungkook walked up and looked at where he was pointing, "Hyung. It's just chocolate." 

V pouted, "So!? Do you know how much I've craved for this kind!? It only comes during this time of year!" 

Jungkook facepalmed, "Aish, fine. I'll get it for you. But only this once because you forgot your wallet!" 

V gave him an 'okay' sign before quickly standing up, and running inside the store. 

Jungkook sighed and walked in to buy it. V grabbed six bars of chocolate as Jungkook looked at him, baffled. 

"Hyung, you're going to get six!?" 

V nodded, as he handed them to him. Jungkook stared at the chocolate bars in his hands for a moment before looking up at V. V gave him big puppy eyes.

Jungkook made a face and headed to the cash register without another word. 

"Assa! The Golden Maknae is buying me chocolate!" V said outloud. Some customers turned around to look at him before continuing back to looking around the shop. 

V skipped out of the shop with his nice looking box of chocolates, as Jungkook tagged along like the hyung. 

"Hyung, why are you in such a good mood? It's not like anything special is happening today," Jungkook asked, walking past him. V had stopped skipping and his smile faltered, "H-Huh?" 

"It's just a typical normal day...why are you so happy?" Jungkook asked, turning around. 

"W-Well, it's my...nevermind," V's shoulders dropped in disappointment. No one had greeted him with a 'Happy Birthday' at all today. Not even Dahee. V was absolutely disappointed that his friends had forgotten this year. 

As a slight windchill swept past them, Jungkook shivered. 

"Aigoo, hyung! It's cold! Let's hurry to Jin Hyung's place!" Jungkook patted V on the back before running ahead. V nodded his head, feeling dazed and upset. 

How could his friends of so many years forget his one day for himself!? V sadly smiled, "It's okay, Taehyung. Not everything has to be about you." 

He patted himself on the back, "Happy Birthday, self." He sighed and held back the tears starting to prick his eyes. 

"Hyung! Hurry up!" Jungkook was already in front of the apartment complex and was yelling to V. V gave him a smile and a thumbs-up, "Okay! You can go ahead!" 

Jungkook gave him a nod and went inside as V slowly dragged his feet up the hill on the sidewalk. 

V took out his cellphone and looked at it. Not even a message from his parents. But then again, they were on vacation. 

He went to his call log and noticed that most of his calls were from Dahee. He slightly smiled as he thought of her and decided to call her. 

It rang, but no one answered. V looked at his screen, baffled. He tried to call again, but with no luck. V bit his lip, and shook his head. 

He was sure that Dahee must've been busy to not be able to answer his calls. 

V put his cellphone away as he got into the building and up to Jin's apartment. 

V knocked before ringing the doorbell. No one came to open the door. Was it the right apartment? V knocked on the door again and this time, it slightly opened. 

V opened the door wider and creeped in, "Hello? Anyone home? Jin Hy--" 

"SURPRISE!" 

V stood in the hallway staring at all of his friends in front of him. There everyone was, smiling brightly at his arrival.

"I...I thought you guys forgot!" He said. V was at a loss of words and could feel the tears b his eyes again. V was just so moved and relieved that a couple tears slipped down. 

Dahee gave the cake she was holding to Juri and quickly ran up to hug him. 

"Aigoo, oppa! Don't cry! I'm so sorry I didn't answer earlier." Dahee let go of him and wiped his tears away as V chuckled. 

"Yah, I can't believe I fell for it!" He said, still wiping away tears. Dahee gave him another hug of reassurance and to calm him down. 

Some of the guys cooed at the sight and hugged each other. Rap Mon hugged Suga, "Aigoo, they're so sweet! I want a girl to comfort me too!" Rap Mon said, jokingly wiping away a tear. 

V cracked up at the sight of his hyungs and got a hold of himself. "Thanks for everything, really. I appreciate all you guys doing this for me!" He said, one arm still around Dahee's waist. 

Dahee layed her head against V and walked with him towards the cake as everyone else sang 'Happy Birthday'. 

"Make a wish!" Junghwa said, snuggling closer to Jin. V nodded and thought of his wish. 

'I wish everyone here will be with my for a long time. Especially Dahee...' 

After he reopened his eyes, he made eye contact with Dahee and she gave him a sweet smile. 

He couldn't help but to smile back at her before blowing out his candles.  

"Happy Birthday!" Juri said to him after the lights came back on. She gave him a hug and handed him a gift. 

"You didn't have to get me anything!" V said, looking at the gift curiously. Juri shook her head, "Nah, it's fine Oppa. I don't mind at all!" 

V thanked her once again as she took the cake and put it on the table. Dahee followed and pulled V along. 

Daher found him a knife and handed it to him. "You know how to slice a cake right?" V laughed, "Of course! I live by myself most of the time, so I kind of have to!" 

Dahee watched as he sliced it and put a piece on a plate for her. She grabbed a fork and fed V some of the cake. 

V ate it happily and opened his mouth for more.

"Aigoo, you two! So annoying and lovey! Just like Junghwa and Jin!" Juri said, cringing. Dahee glared, "Yah! I bet Jungkook is even cheezier!" 

Juri looked at her, surprised, "What!? Jungkook!? As if anything could happen between us!" She then left the couple, laughing at their sudden remark. 

V and Dahee exchanged glances, before grinning ear to ear at each other. V hugged her again, "Aigoo! I love you so much!" Dahee laughed, "I love you too!" 

"Hey, hey, hey! We want cake! Not cheese and fluff!" Suga said as he pushed the two away from the cake. Once he had cleared them, he started slicing the cake for everyone instead. 

~♥~

A/N

ANNNYEONNGG CHINGUUUUSSSS!!! Hi, how is evrryonnneeee!? I hope y'all are doing great! Sorry I haven't been able to update...writer's block and finals this week!! But here's a V birthday chapter...hehe. I'm so latttee~~! But I hope you guys all like it...more TaeHee than normal...well, at least I think so. Anyways, not sure when I'll update again. I have other stories to work and commit to too! Oh, and school (ewww!). -_- But yeah. I had a crappy day today. Could've been better, but it's okaaay!! Probably going to get a huggge lecture later...Wait..why am I teling y'all this...O_o? Haha!! 

[This Author-nim sincerely apologizes for telling her personal issues]

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE ONE! Whoever has finals this week, GOOD LUCK! 

And like usual, not looked over for mistakes!! ^_^