Chapter 21

Frienemies...or More?

[Read the Author's note at the end too, please! Thank you!]

"Can we just skip practice today and go on a date?" Jungkook and Juri had just gotten off the bus from Juri's apartment. Jungkook had been sulking the whole way, complaining about not being able to have time with her. 

Juri rolled her eyes, poking his forehead. "Yah, we went out yesterday already! Plus, if we go, Alice and Jason are going to be mad at us," she said, taking a hold of his hand again. "Come on, now, Kookie. We're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Juri pulled Jungkook along before he sighed and took the lead. "I at least should be a man for the rest of the walk there then, since you don't want to hang out. I'll show you how a real man treats his ladies." 

Juri raised her eyebrow at him, "Ladies!?" She asked him as they stopped at the corner of the street. Jungkook's ears reddened, "No! I didn't mean ladies! I meant lady..." He glanced back at her to see pursing her lips. Jungkook chuckled nervously, putting a hand around her waist. "Jagiya, y'know I mean only 'lady' right? " 

The light turned, indicating they could go. Juri walked with his arm around her shoulders, not saying a word to him. They made it to the front of the building when Juri suddenly bursted out in laughter with the laugh she had been holding in. Jungkook stopped and stared at her like she was a mad woman. After calming down, she hooked her arm with his. "You're so cute when you think I'm mad..." she muttered as she leaned her head against his arm. Jungkook looked down at her confused before walking in and heading to the bance studio. 

"Yah, are you okay?" Jungkook peered down at Juri who had a smile on her face. Juri lifted her head and looked up at him as they stopped in the middle of the hallway. "What do you mean?" She asked him. Jungkook raised an eyebrow before shaking his head. "Nothing..you're just..weird..and affectionate," he said as they began to walk again. Juri shrugged looking down at the floor. She didn't know why herself, but seeing Jungkook's effort and stumbling over the past couple of days to make her happy made her feel sort of bad. The least she could do was treat him with more love and appreciation. 

Jungkook suddenly stopped, making Juri look up from the tile floor she was staring at. "Isn't that Dahee?" He said, nodding ahead to a girl that was slumped against the wall in front of the practice room doors. Juri cocked her head to the side, getting a better view of the girl. "I think it is..." Juri said as she let go of Jungkook arm. 

"Dahee-yah!" Juri said, jogging towards her. Dahee looked up at the sound of her name, pushing herself off the wall and wiping her eyes. "Juri-yah," she said, grabbing a hold of Juri's arms as Jungkook followed behind her. Dahee looked at Juri with a disheartened face. "Juri, don't go inside. You're not going to like what you see," Dahee said to her. Juri looked back at her confused

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Juri tried to look past Dahee but Dahee held her tightly. "Juri, I'm serious. Maybe you should just skip for today? I need to go shopping, maybe you could come too?" Dahee managed a smile but Juri saw right through it. Juri gave her a hard look, peering past her shoulder, not seeing anything necessarily wrong. Juri turned her attention back on Dahee who looked at her with pleading eyes. Juri turned around and glanced at Jungkook who was just as confused. Juri raised her eyebrows at him, as though to ask him if she should leave with Dahee. Jungkook nodded his head, "You should go with Dahee. Friends will always be more important than dancing." 

Juri nodded her head, turning back to Dahee. "Okay, we'll go...but I have to let Alice and Jason know first." Before Dahee could protest or make a move, Juri had already pushed the door open. 

"Hey, Alice-saem, Dahee's not feeling too good, so I'm going to take her home...or not." Juri's lips formed in to a line at the sight before her. Minjung, was back in the dance room. 'So this is what she ment...' Juri thought as she finally pieced together why Dahee was so against her going in. 

Minjung saw Juri and gave her a smile. "Hey! Nice to see you here again." Minjung suddenly walked towards Juri and held out a hand. "I hope we can get along well in the next couple of weeks. Please help me catch up to everything." Minjung gave Juri a sickeningly sweet smile as Juri shook her hand hesitantly. Alice smiled as she walked forward and clapped both girls' shoulders. 

"It's great to see you two getting along! Juri, I hope you can get along well with Minjung just as much as you do with Jungkook and Dahee. I mean, you and Jungkook were total enemies, but now you two are as happy as can be! I hope you two will put aside any troubles from the past and work well from here on out." Alice smiled before looking up at Jungkook who was still standing at the door. 

"Come on in, Jungkook. Don't just stand there like you're not going to join us! Dahee, you come in and stay too. We still welcome and love you the same." 

Juri couldn't stop staring at the girl in front of her tas she urned her eyes towards her boyfriend and gave him a sweet smile and a wave.

"Hey, Jungkook. Long time no see! I hope you didn't miss me too much."

Juri could feel the anger bubbling inside of her as Minjung smirked before turning around and walking towards Taehyung and sitting down next to him. Juri turned around and slipped her hand into Jungkook's holding his hand tightly. Minjung was going to have to back off and not step any where near her boyfriend, or else she would have no control over what would happen. Actually, rephrase that, if Minjung touched or hurt any of Juri's friends, Juri wouldn't stand still. At. All.

Juri turned around to glance at Dahee who gave her a sad look and sulked back to the side of the wall, watching everyone slowly start to pile in and warm up. Juri lead Jungkook to their spot in the front and they both helped each other stretch.

"Yeobo... you look really scary right now.. maybe you should try to smile?"

Juri looked up to Jungkook who gave her a concerned look. Juri stood up and stretched down to her toes. "I'm okay. If I'm scary, that's good. It'll scare her too." Juri glanced over towards Minjung and Taehyung as they were stretching too. Taehyung decided to stretch near Dahee to comfort her and try to make her smile. Minjung glanced at them and made a face of disgust, which angered Juri even more. Who was she to be judging them!?

She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her shirt being tugged forward. She turned her head up as her body bumped forward into Jungkook's. He had pulled her towards him in an attempt to gather her attention. He kept his hands on her shirt as he looked into her eyes. "Yeobo, don't worry about Minjung. Like I said, she means nothing to us. All that we need to focus on is ourselves. I'll always be on your side no matter what."

Juri's anger dissapated as her heart began to flutter at their close proximity. Jungkook was looking at her so sincerely that she had no idea how to react. This was one of those rare times that he was being really assertive without any jokes and her heart had no idea how to contain her feels. She looked away from his eyes and instead at his chest as she pouted her lips slightly. "All right then.. thanks, Kookie."

Jungkook looked down at her as her voice filled with a little bit of aegyo. It made him happy to know that he was able to help remove the crease in her brow and soften her expression. He looked around real quick to see if anybody was looking before he quickly pressed a peck on Juri's forehead. He finally let go of her shirt and took a step back, reaching for her hand instead as they both sat down together, Juri not being able to meet his eyes. Jungkook squeezed her hand triumphantly just as Jason and Alice came to the front of the class to get it started with their routine.


"Dahee, wait for me!" Taehyung ran after Dahee and slipped his hands into hers, pulling her backwards towards him. Juri smiled as she saw him trying to console her about what had happened today at practice to make her feel better. She knew that she could trust her bestfriend with Taehyung because of the way that he was always able to make her smile and make her bestfriend enjoy her life.

Jungkook was holding on to Juri's hand tightly as they both walked home together. Juri was swinging it along, enjoying the cool, night air. "Are you just going to head ot bed when you get home?" Jungkook asked her.

Juri nodded, "Yeah, I think I am. I'm just so tired... and I don't want to deal with school now since one of the favorite things to do is being occupied by on the people that I least like." She sighed deeply as she gave his hand a squeeze.

"Jungkook, you wouldn't ever go near her, right?" Juri asked him suddenly, taking him by surprise. Jungkook answered with no hesitation whatsoever when he nodded his head, "Of course! I wouldn't go near her even if I could. I have you. There's nothing else I'd rather have."

Juri laughed out loud as Jungkook leaned towards her, a big smile on his face. She pushed his face away as his lips puckered a little, Juri whining as she pulled away. But she couldn't go far since his fingers were intertwined with hers. He pulled her back into his chest as he stopped walking. Taehyung and Dahee had been long gone and the streets were quite with only a little hustle and bustle in the distance.

Jungkook smiled as he used his free hand to push some of Juri's hair behind her ear. The smile that he gave her.. it made her feel like she was the only girl in the world and that she was the only one that was on his mind and the only one he loved... which was honestly, true.

"Juri, I just want you to know, that no matter what trouble Minjung brings, I will always stay by your side. No matter how hard she may try to break us, or trouble us, we will prevail. I'll make sure of it. Even the times when you find things hard, as the man in this relationship, I will do my very best to keep us together. I will run towards you and only you, so if you ever need anything, you just let me know and I'll come to you." 

Juri looked into his eyes and noticed that he looked at her with some of the most sincere, dark brown eyes ever. She nodded, her voice caught in as Jungkook pulled her in for another hug. He set his head on top of hers and sighed deeply.

"I know Minjung coming back is just trouble, so I'll try to stay out of her way too. But I don't want you to cause a scene either. I know how much you detest her, but that doesn't mean you can go off on her, got it? If something happens to Minjung, everyone will likely suspect you, so please, yeobo, keep a distance too, okay?"

Juri nodded again, circling her arms around him tightly and placing her face in his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She wished for more moments like these. Moments where they were both together and didn't bicker around or joke around. These were some of the best moments.

Jungkook let go of her and took a step back. "Go inside. I'll leave when you get in to the building. Text me when you get to your house! Or else I'm going to come and knock on your door and call the cops."

Juri rolled her eyes as Jungkook waved her off. "Hurry, get inside before it's late. I still want to date you. If I get you in too late, your dad might not let me see you again." Juri laughed at this and finally started to take steps towards her building. "Alright, fine. You have a good point there. Have a good night and get home safely." Juri gave Jungkook a wave before she quickly ran to her building. She turned around once more and gave him one final wave before disappearing inside.

Jungkook smiled to himself, happy and content. He put his hands behind his head as he began to walk towards his apartment complex, looking up at the stars. He felt lucky to be able to have a girlfriend like her that was cute, but at the same time strong and caring. He felt as though the longer they stayed together, the more he fell for her and her quirks.


Taehyung rushed to catch up Dahee after she pulled her hand out of his hold. "Yah, why are you mad? There's nothing I can do about being partnered up with Minjung!" Taehyung finally caught up to her and stood in front of her, his arms stretched wide to stop her from moving forward.

"I'm sorry, okay? If you're upset because of something I did, then I'm sorry. Just.. just don't be upset."

Dahee turned to look at her boyfriend as she pouted. She walked towards him and then suddenly hugged him while his arms were stretched wide, burying her face into his shirt. Taehyung looked at her, baffled, but her lowered his arms and embraced her just the same. He heard her sniffle a couple of times, so he began to pat her hair softly.

"It's not you, Taehyung. I'm just upset that I can't dance well enough to be a part of the dance and you had to be partenered up with Minjung. I feel like I let you down. All the extra help from you and Juri were for nothing. I just...I feel like a failure," she said. Taehyung's heart ached when he heard what was making her sad and he couldn't help but to pull her closer to him.

"Dahee, you're not a failure. Trust me, you're not. You're one of the most hardworking girls I know. Minjung being my partner had nothing to do with you not being able to dance. It was Alice and Jason's choice and Minjung had been in the group before, so they had to give her spot back. You are not a failure, even if you feel like it. Juri and I loved teaching you and we still will, because we both love and care for you. You didn't let us down."

Taehyung pulled away and wiped off a couple of tears from Dahee's face and gave her a peck on the lips. "Don't feel down, Dahee. To me, you're the best at everything and anything, especially if you really put your heart and your mind to it. I believe in you."

Dahee smiled as she embraced him once again, getting embarassed at all his compliments. "You're the best boyfriend I've ever had!" she exclaimed, tightly holding him. Taehyung laughed, "Aren't I the only boyfriend you've ever had?" Taehyung asked as Dahee's mouth dropped, her hand hitting his shoulder. "Yah!" she exclaimed.

Taehyung laughed as he avoided her hits, running ahead. "Icecream, call?" he yelled back to her, jogging backwards. Dahee gave him an 'ok' sign with her hands as she ran towards him, finally catching up and hooking her arm through his. "Icecream, let's go!" she said, the both of them walking down to the nearest cafe.

 


Author's Note:

04.25.17.

It's been.. almost 3 years since I last updated. I am so sorry for not being a diligent writer and going on an unexpected hiatus for so long. I do hope you guys find it in your hearts to forgive me. The last time I touched this was two years ago.. and I'm just.. wow. I'm surprised that this story still got support from people even though it has been forever. I really do appreciate and thank all of you for reading this fanfic.

As we continue forward, I'll be totally honest with you guys. I do want to end this story and finish it since I have a plot in mind. I'm just not too sure if I will have the time to write it all out, so if you all will be patient, then you may see it appear sometime soon. And I promise not to disappear for a couple years! That won't happen until after I finish this story.

But yeah, to be honest, this was a story I started waaaayy back in the day when I was... in 8th/9th grade? And now I'm a senior in highschool (I'm graduating this year guys! *applause*). I also have classes at a college for PSEO and so, I have finals coming up in a couple of weeks, so please do bear with me! Hopefully, my writing has improved and become less cringey.. lol. But no guarantees. Thanks for reading this far! I love all of you for giving FOM so much love and support and I will continue to write to finish this!

Until next time,

Author-nim. <3

P.S.

Get ready for some D-R-A-M-A~