Chapter 20

Frienemies...or More?

Monday had arrived and Juri was walking to school with Dahee. Dahee nudged Juri with her elbow. "Sooo, I heard about the hookup," Dahee whispered to Juri, giving her a creepy smile. 

Juri gave her a weird, questioning look before walking without saying a word. Dahee nudged her again, "So, tell me. It's official? Like, totally official?" 

Juri nudged her back, a small smile on her lips. "Yeah, it's official. Like, you and Taehyung official," she said. Dahee gasped and squealed. "Seriously!? Omg, does the student body know!?" She asked. 

Juri's eyes widened before lunging forward to cover , glancing at the couple of students who were walking past them. "Yah!" Juri whispered harshly. Dahee glared at her hand before Juri took it off. 

"No one at school knows...well, except Minjung.." Juri said. Dahee looked at her confused, "Minjung? What? Why?" Juri looked down at the ground and told her what had happened the day before at the mall as Dahee listened intently. 

"--and so that's why I have a bad feeling about this girl. She just...I don't know. She gives me that bad gut feeling," Juri said as they neared the school gates. Dahee patted Juri's shoulder, "Don't worry, Juri. Jungkook's got you, and knowing that kid, I know he won't lie about not having your back." 

Juri smiled at her and nodded. Dahee was right. No matter how much Jungkook pissed her off or goofed off, he always kept his promises.

"Speaking of Jungkook, there he is," Dahee whispered, nudging Juri. Juri looked up from the sidewalk and noticed Jungkook talking to Jimin and V in front of the school entrance. "OPPA!" Dahee yelled, waving her hands and running towards V. 

V turned his head in her direction and his smile instantly widened as he embraced her in a bear hug, slightly lifting her off the ground. "Yeobo! I haven't seen you in forever!" V said, slinging his arm around her as she did the same. 

Jimin made a face of distaste, "Eww. You guys were just texting this morning!" He said. Juri chuckled as she made her way towards them. Jungkook hugged her instantly, taking her by suprise and getting weird looks from passing students. Juri pushed him away. 

"Y-Yah! They'll see!" She whispered to him. Jungkook gave her a coy smile before swinging his arm around her. "So? Let them see. I'll protect you from all the mad fangirls," he whispered in her ear before pecking her cheek. 

Jimin covered his ears and closed his eyes, "EWWW! YOU ARE ALL SO GROSS! I'm going first!" He yelled. Jungkook, V, and Dahee laughed as they watched him head inside first. 

"Just wait until he gets a girlfriend," V said, glancing down at Dahee. Dahee laughed, nodding. "Definitely. He's going to be even cheesier than everyone here!" She said as they both turned and entered school as well. 

Juri glanced at Jungkook's arm slung over her shoulder before glancing up at his face. Jungkook turned to look down at her. "What?" He said. Juri glared at him before pushing his arm off. "Didn't you remember what I said?" Juri whispered harshly to him. Jungkook shrugged as he walked with her. 

"Well, yeah...but all the fangirls all know already." Juri spun around and looked at him with wide eyes. "What!?" She asked. Jungkook turned to her, "They know. Minjung must've told everyone," he said, shrugging. 

Juri slowly started to panic as she noticed the looks she was getting from everyone; especially the girls. Jungkook slung his arm around her again, pulling her close to his chest. "It's okay, yeobo. I got you," he whispered, giving her a reassuring smile. 

Juri glanced at the people around them again before looking up at Jungkook's face and nodding. "Fine...you better!" She said, pulling herself nearer to him. Jungkook smiled softly and lightly kiss the top of her head, "Of course."  He looked up and noticed Dongmin near the entrance of the building, looking at him. Jungkook glared at him before turning his attention back to Juri. 

Jungkook walked her to their first class together. Sadly, they both sat on different sides of the room. "I guess this us goodbye..I'll come save you, yeobo!" Jungkook said, pinching Juri's cheek. Juri smacked his hand away before laughing. "Yah, we're in the same classroom!" 

Jungkook chuckled before letting her go to her seat which was next to Dahee. Juri shook her head and smiled to herself as she sat down, taking out her folder and notebook. She glanced over at Jungkook to see him with his notebook out, pencil in hand, staring at her. Juri gave him a little glare and pointed to the front just as their teacher came in, beginning class. 

Jungkook pouted cutely before huffing loudly and facing forward. Juri tried to hide the smile on her face as she faced the front as well. As the lecture continued on, Juri couldn't help but to occasionally glance over at Jungkook. He was surprisingly focused on the lesson and taking down notes quickly. Suddenly, he turned his head in her direction, taking her off guard. Jungkook smirked as Juri blushed before he sent her a wink, making her turn away and down towards her notes. 

'Aish, he's such a weirdo,' she thought to herself, chuckling in the process. Dahee glanced over at her, "Yah, did you know that you're like, super smiley today? It's really quite weird, but I like it." Juri sent her a playful glare as she put her attention back on the notes. 'I'm not weird..Kookie is,' she thought. 

It was now the end of class; students were slowly raising and stretching from the long sitting. Jungkook stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder, making his way towards Juri. He wove in between the seats before arriving next to her and lacing his hand through hers. 

"We still have the next two classes together~;" he sang in her ear. Juri shivered from the close proximity before elbowing him. "Yah, don't do that!" She whined, making Jungkook smile. He pinched her cheek. "Aw, is that so!? Aigo, our Juri is so cute when she whines!" He said in a cutesy voice. Juri scrunched up her nose as he let go, laughing. 

Surprisingly, there was no sight of Minjung anywhere throughout the day. That made Juri want to feel relieved, but somehow, she felt uneasy. Jungkook had noticed her slight agitation and jumpiness towards the end of class. He walked over and sat in the vacant seat in front of her. Juri looked up at him before going back to her work. "What?" She said, not looking up at him. Jungkook smiled and reached over for her pencil case, playing with them. 

Juri looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "What?" She asked again. Jungkook smiled and shrugged, now doodling on the corner of her paper. "Jungkook, the subs going to yell at you," she said, pulling her paper slightly out of reach, but Jungkook with his long arms grabbed it back.

"No, she's not. She said we could move as long as we weren't disruptive. I'm not being disruptive." Juri rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. "Yes, you are, not go back and work!" She said, turning her attention back to her work. Jungkook pouted, poking her hand that held the paper down. "Hey," he said, tapping her finger. "-- are you okay? You seem...distracted." 

Juri looked up at him, surprised. "Distracted? What? Why?" She asked him. Jungkook chuckled and continued to tap her finger. "Because you're acting like that. You're too quiet for a Juri!" He said. Juri sighed, "I'm fine, Jungkook. Seriously!" 

Jungkook eyed her dubiously, leaning back. "Wait...is it because of Minjung?" He asked, gaining her attention once again. "No...why would I be worried about her?" Juri said, working again. Jungkook sighed and took her pencil, making her look at him. 

"Park Juri, I, Jeon Jungkook, will pledge and promise to forever stay by your side and protect you from all the bastards and jerks!" He said, a hand over his heart. A soft, small smile crept on her face. "Thanks, Jungkook," she said as he smiled at her. "Of course! That's what a boyfriend's supposed to do!" Juri chuckled and shook her head before tapping his hand. "Go get your worksheet and I'll help you with it," she said. Jungkook's smile widened, "Finally! I thought you'd never help!" 

 


 

Dahee had left earlier right afterschool with V to dance practice as Juri and Jungkook went back to her place to grab something. Dahee and V swang their hands together as they got off the bus and walked to the dance practice building. "Aren't you happy that Juri and Jungkook are together now?" Dahee asked him. 

V nodded, "Totally! It took forever!" He said, laughing. Dahee laughed with him as he swung an arm around her. "You do know what day it is, right?" he said, raising his eyebrows at her. Dahee turned to look at him, raising her eyebrows and imitating his look.

"I don't know. Do you?" She asked him. V smiled and stopped, turning her to face him in the middle of the vacant sidewalk. He lowered his face near hers, his breath on her lips. Dahee looked away from his gaze, "Oppa! We're in public.." she muttered. V chuckled as he pulled her close in a hug. "Happy three months," he said, pulling back and handing her a tiny blue teddy bear. Dahee couldn't hide the huge smile on her face as she tiptoed and pecked his lips. 

"Thanks, oppa! It's the cutest thing ever!" She said, clutching the teddy bear near her chest. V chuckled, "Yeobo, we're in public! PDA!" Dahee glared at him before laughing. "PSH! SO!?" V's eyes widened before they turned into crescents as he saw Dahee kiss the top of the teddy bear. "Oppa, what should we call our baby?" 

"Baby?" V asked, suddenly confused. Dahee looked up at him with a blank face before waving the teddy bear. "Our baby!?" V laughed as he finally understood. "Oh, baby! I thought you were talking about in the future..." he trailed off. Dahee smirked as they entered the building, going on the elevator. 

"Psh, who says I won't meet my bias or someone and ditch you?" Dahee said, teasing him. V glared at her, making her laugh out loud and smack his shoulder. "I was kidding! Who would want a crazy fan like me?" 

V shook his head, "Right, right. Who would want someone like that? Oh, right! I do!" Dahee scrunched up her nose at his comment before waving the teddy bear again in his face. "Name?" She asked as the elevator went up to their level. 

"TaeHee, our coule name," V said after much thought. Dahee smiled widely, "I totally forgot! Great job, oppa!" She nudged his arm as V smiled down and slung his arm around her shoulders again. 

"So, any plans for this week?" V asked as they headed to the practice room. Dahee shrugged, "I don't know, but Juri and I were thinking about having a girls' night that we haven't had in forever sometime this week." V nodded slowly, "Ohh, alright. That's cool. Can I steal you on Friday then?" 

Dahee smiled at him as she set her stuff down next to V's. "Of course. You know I don't have anything to do." V sat down and began to stretch. "That's great! You--" 

"Oh! Taehyung-ah! Dahee-yah!" The two of them looked up to see Alice and Jason standing in the doorway. "Dahee-yah, I'm so happy you're here! Guess what!?" Alice said, walking over to her. Dahee stood up, bowing in greeting. "Hello, saem." She looked past Alice's shoulder to see Jason leaning against the door frame, an unknown smile on his face. 

Alice came forward and grasped Dahee's shoulders. "You don't have to dance anymore!" Alice said, smiling. Dahee blinked a couple of times, confused. "E-Eh!?" She asked, taken aback. V stood up, surprused and confused as well. 

"You don't have to dance anymore!" Alice said again. "What? W-Why!?" Dahee asked, glancing at Jason. Behind Jason appeared a silhouette of a girl. 

"Sorry, did I take too long in the bathroom?" Dahee and V's eyes both widened as Jason smiled, turning around before facing the couple again. 

"Minjung has agreed to return to the group! Isn't that great!?" Jason said, putting a hand on Minjung's shoulder. 

 



 

A/N

HAI FRIENDS AND FELLOW SUBBIES! 

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever! I was going to update, but I kinda fell into this hole where plot bunnies wouldn't come for FoM and then school started...

BUT AT LEAST I UPDATED! Let me know whatcha think and what y'all are up to! How was the summer? Any fall/winter weather yet where you are? Minnesota weather is like, super bipolar, sooo, we get weird weather, lol. 

ANYWAYS. LOVE Y'ALL! CONTINUE READING MY CHINGUS. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN SOON~!

P.S. 

I have a little feeling that this story might be ending soon...T^T