Chapter 14

Frienemies...or More?

Juri instinctively woke up earlier than usual since many thoughts continued to occupy her mind. She quietly got herself freshened up and tied her hair into a messy bun. Juri was still tired as she slipped on her old clothes but this time found a small sweater in Jin's closet. 

'I'm sure Jin wouldn't mind...' Juri thought, slipping it on. She looked at herself in the mirror. The sweater was still a bit big, but other than that, it was a good fit. 

Juri slowly opened the door of their bedroom. She peered out and heard a couple snores. She stifled her laughter as she walked into the living room. 

Jin was sleeping still and almost looked like some kindnof royalty. Then she saw V sprawled over Jimin. Jimin's hair was sticking up all over the place. Juri then thought for a moment. Didn't Jungkook sleep in the living room too? 

Just as she thought of thought, she tripped over something, or someone. Juri heard someone groan from under her and she quickly scrambled up. She skipped her way across abd over the body, worried the person may get up. When she reached the kitchen, she peered out to the place where she had tripped. 

Sure enough, the person was Jungkook. He had moved when Juri fell on top of him. He was now laying on his side, one arm over his face. 

Juri decided to look through the cupboards for something to eat. She wondered if Jin would have anything like cereal to eat. As she continued her search, nothing came up. 

Juri sighed as her stomach growled. Juri lightly patted it, before going back to at least find juice. "You must be pretty hungry."

Juri jumped up at the voice. She quickly turned around to find Jungkook leaning against the counter, rubbing one of his eyes. Jungkook's hair was slightly sticking up in some places as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

'How cute...' Juri thought. She shook her head and chuckled. "Yah, have you even seen yourself yet?" 

Jungkook yawned and shook his head, "Ani. I was suddenly woken up when somethung fell on me and then I heard you shuffling through the cupboards and stuff." 

Juri nodded before going back to her search for food. Jungkook walked to her side, "You won't find anything. Hyung needs to go shopping. Isn't there any ramen? Oh wait, we ate r hat lsst night." 

"You ate ramen last night!?" Juri asked, surprised. Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, Jin hyung said we could since we were hungry." 

Juri pouted, "And you didn't tell me to come out to eat with you!?" Jungkook smirked, "Nope. It was sooo good too! Your favorite kind of ramen!" 

Juri's mouth dropped, "Yah! You knew that and you still didn't tell me to come out!?" Jungkook shook his head, "Nope." Jungkook eyed her from the side and saw her pouting, angrily. 

He chuckled to himself which caught Juri's attention. "What?" She asked, turning to glare at him. 

"You're cute when you're mad," Jungkook said. Juri could feel a blush slowly start creeping on to her cheeks. Juri smacked his chest, "Yah! What's wrong with you? Are you feeling well?" 

Jungkook coughed from the strength Juri had used to hit his chest. "No, I'm fine. Are you okay today? Omo, are you blushing!? Wah, I never knew Juri could be such a girl!" Jungkook said, laughing. 

Jungkook felt proud that he was able to see this side of Juri for himself. It's not everyday that you would get to see Juri blush so easily. 'I wonder if she...' Jungkook thought, but he quickly shook the thought away. 'Aniya, she probably likes Jimin or something.' 

Jungkook felt a bit disappointed, but he slightly smiled. 'As long as Juri's happy..' he thought. 

Jungkook zoned back in when he felt a prodding on his side. He looked down to find Juri poking him. 

"What?" He asked. "You zoned out. Did you hear what I said?" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, playfully, "I zoned out. Do you think I did?" Juri nodded, "Oh yeah..well, I just asked if you think Jin would let us go shopping." 

Jungkook looked at her, shocked. "Us? Do you mean you and me!?" This time, Juri rolled her eyes, "No, I meant the ghost sitting on the chair. Of course I meant you! Does it look like anyone else is alive and walking right now? No, they're all sleeping." 

Jungkook's mouth was open in surprise. Juri has never asked to be somewhere with him. Well, except for the one time she didn't want to walk alone years ago.

Juri reached over and closed his mouth. Jungkook felt his heart beat faster when she touched his chin and moved closer to him. 

Jungkook jerked away from her reach, "Y-Yah! What are you doing!?" 

Juri crossed her arms, "Will you close your mouth? Don't act so surprised I asked to go shopping with you!" Jungkook shrugged, before heading towards the sleeping Jin and shaking him lightly.

"Hyung...hyung! Hyung, get up!" Jungkook said, shaking him until Jin finally opened one eye. 

"What?" He croaked. Jin got up into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes. 

"Hyung, Juri was wondering if you would lend us some money to buy some food for your house." Jungkook said, holding out a hand. Jin raised an eyebrow, "You and Juri? Are you sure you two won't scratch each other's eyes out?" 

Jungkook made a face at him, "Ha, ha, ha. Very funny hyung." Jin smiled and got up to his jacket. He reached in and took out his wallet. 

Jin threw his whole wallet at Jungkook. Jungkook's eyes widened, "Hyung! You're giving me this whole thing!?" 

Jin shook his head, "No. Give the wallet to Juri. I trust her more with the responsibility." Jungkook's mouth widened. "Hyung! How could--" The wallet was taken out of his hands. 

"Thanks for catching that!" Juri said. Then she bowed to Jin, "Thanks, oppa! We'll be sure to buy good food and make sure your wallet is fine!" She flashed him a smile before prodding Jungkook with her elbow. 

"Are you coming?" She asked. Jungkook sighed,  "Wait a moment will you? I'm still wearing my pj's!" Juri finally looked him up and down. He was indeed still wearing his pajamas. 

"Oh, why didn't you change? Go quickly!" Juri pushed him out of the living room and into the bathroom, leaving Jin to shake his head. 

"Aigoo, those two. When will they realize they're meant for each other?" Jin said. He chuckled and went back to sleep. 

~♥~

"Hurry up! Or else we won't get back in time!" Juri called from the elevator. She waited a minute before she saw Jungkook come towards her, jumping on one leg, trying to put on his shoe. 

She laughed out loud, seeing him struggle. "You're seriously so lame, Jungkook," she said as she stepped into the elevator. She pushed the button for the lobby as the doors closed, leaving the two of them together. 

"It's oppa, to you," Jungkook said, hitting her head. She glared at him, as Jungkook smiled triumphantly. "Just for that, I'm never calling you 'oppa'." 

Jungkook's mouth opened in surprise, but he quickly closed it. He scoffed, "You will one day~!" He sang. Juri looked up at him and laughed, "That's very funny! Keep dreaming, you cookie!" 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, "What did you call me? A cookie!? What kind of name is that!?" Juri crossed her arms, not looking at him. "It's a name. And frankly, I like it. So, deal with it!" 

The elevator doors dinged and Juri walked out as Jungkook ran a hand through his hair. "Aish, that girl." He shook his head before running after her. 

Juri didn't pay attention to Jungkook who was a little ways away from her. She took out her cellphone to look at the list she had typed down before leaving. 

"Okay...we need more rice, beef, pork, cilantro..." Juri continued to read the list she had out loud as she walked. As she walked, she didn't pay attention to where she was going until she bumped into something hard. 

Juri stumbled back and almost fell, if she hadn't bumped into Jungkook. "Woah, Juri yo--" 

Jungkook stopped mid-sentence when he noticed the person she had bumped into. Juri looked up and gasped. 

"D-Dong Min! What are you doing so early!?" She asked, surprised. Jungkook's hand that was on her shoulder to steady her tightened. 

Dong Min gave her a smile, "I have to go grocery shopping for my mom. You?" 

"Uh, we do too!" Juri said, laughing nervously. Dong Min cocked his head to the side, "Really? Mind if I join?" Jungkook clenched his jaw, about to protest, but Juri beat him. 

"Sure, why not? What are you buying?" Juri asked. Jungkook mentally facepalmed. It was going to be so annoying and horrible to have to walk around with Dong Min! Jungkook was planning on being softer and nicer to Juri, but Dong Min ruined it. 

"I need to ge--" 

"Why were you going this way, Dong Min?" Jungkook asked, cutting him off. Dong Min's eyes narrowed, annoyed. "I was going to grab something small to eat first, why?" 

Jungkook smirked, proud that he was able to slightly tick him off. "Well, why don't you go get something to eat instead? Juri and I will be fine." 

Juri stood in between the two, clearly feeling the tension between them. Juri coughed, getting both of their attentions. "Why don't we all go get a little something to eat first?" 

Dong Min glanced up at Jungkook and smirked this time as Jungkook sent him a glare. "Sure. That's fine with me. How about you, Jungkook?" 

Jungkook wanted to punch Dong Min and the sneer off his face. "Sure. Why not?" He said, between clenched teeth. Juri tugged his sleeve as Dong Min took the lead. 

"Yah, calm down, will you? It's just Dong Min." Juri whispered, harshly. Jungkook looked down at her. She had no idea how much Jungkook despised Dong Min. 

'No, it's not just freaking Dong Min. He's a bastard and my competition,' Jungkook wanted to say out loud. But all he could do was shake her hold off, and walk ahead of her. 

Juri pouted, 'What's wrong with Jungkook? I know I don't like Dong Min, but he's still a friend..' 

~♥~

After having ordered a small breakfast, they all sat at a table; waiting for their food. Jungkook had sit next to Juri so that she was on the inside next to the wall. He made sure that Dong Min was sitting in front of them. 

Dong Min glanced at Jungkook and narrowed his eyes, menacingly. Jungkook smirked at him, instead. "So, Dong Min. I haven't seen you around lately," Jungkook started. 

Juri looked up at Jungkook as he started speaking. She glanced oved at Dong Min to see his reaction. Dong Min scoffed before putting his hand over the other seat in a leisurely way. 

"Of course you haven't. The only person you see is yourself. Oh, and about you being a whole prodigy at your school? I heard it was because you always got into trouble." 

Juri's mouth widened, about to ask Jungkook, but he cut her off. Jungkook laughed, "Don't even start there, Dong Min. At least I know when to use my fist and don't use it aimlessly." 

Dong Min's expression hardened, he opened his mouth to retort with something else, but the waitress came by with their orders. 

After recieving the food, Juri slowly and silently ate, occasionally glancing at the two guys next and in front of her. They were slowly killing each other with their stares. 

Juri soon lost her appetite. She checked her cellphone for the time and quickly stood up. Jungkook looked at her, "What are you doing?" 

Juri rolled her eyes, "Move." Jungkook slightky frowned, "Why?" Juri huffed, "Just move, Jungkook. We, no, I have no time for this. You two are being complete drama queens right now. So, excuse me, but I have some shopping to do." 

Dong Min laughed through his nose, watching Jungkook's reaction. Jungkook shot him a glare before getting up quickly. 

"Fine. Let's go." Jungkook quickly grabbed Juri's wrist and dragged her out. Then he started to run, leaving a dumbfounded Dong Min still eating his food. 

Juri was also surprised by the sudden move, but she stopped and pulled away from his grip after a while of running. 

"Stop, Jungkook! Seriously! What is up with you today!?" Juri yelled at him. Jungkook ran a hand through his hair as he tried to recollect his thoughts and catch his breath. 

"Nothing, it's nothing." Jungkook panted. Juri crossed her arms and walked in front of him, "Will you just please tell me what's going on between you and Dong Min?" Juri asked, but a bit softer this time. 

Jungkook stared at her for a moment, debating on whether or not to tell her that he had feelings for her. 

But he decided against it. 'It's not time yet, Jungkook. She'll know...eventually,' he thought.

Jungkook shook his head, "It's nothing, really. It's just a lame dispute over something small," he answered. 'But you're not small, Juri. You're a big deal. Especially to me,' Jungkook thought again, contradicting his words. 

Juri sighed, and turned around, "Fine. Now, are we going to go shopping or not? I'm sure that some of them might be up already...especially Dahee." 

Jungkook chuckled, "Nah, the hyungs won't be up. They stayed up pretty late last night chatting and playing small games." 

"Oh..well, that's good news. Now, let's head to the market, okay?" Juri gave him an eye smile before walking ahead of him. 

Jungkook could feel his heart beat a mile a minute at her smile. He loved it when she was playful and mad, but able to forgive him so effortlessly.

'I'll tell you...I'll confess..soon...someday.' 

Jungkook smiled to himself before jogging up to Juri's side and joining her. 

~♥~

A/N 

Hullooo! Late update! It's Feb. 2 now...but hey, it's fine. The chapter was long...haha! 

Anyways, I'm not sure I'll be updating as often, since I have some other stories that I'm working on. It's hard to juggle them all since they all have different plots and genres. I'll try to make chapter longer, though, just to make it up for you all. 

On another note, what do you guys think of the story so far? Is it good? Boring? Too slow? Too fast? Please let me know of your thoughts in the comments! It's great motivation/encouragement. Even a simple long 'hello' or 'awwwwww' is allowed. Lol! 

Thanks for reading!! :) 

(Ehem, and y'all should know by now that I dont necessarily check over for errors, right?)