Chapter 1

Frienemies...or More?

"Yah, Seohwa, did you hear that RS High is going to be merging with BH High!?"

"MWOH!? WAEYO!?" my mom yelled from across the room to her cell phone. I jumped, hearing how loud she was.

"Neh! They're going to be merging the school's together. They said that it'll be a good idea. BH needs a better sports program and RS needs a better dance and performing arts program. Wouldn't Juri like it if they could actually practice in a dance practice room?"

"That's true...aish, I still don't really like the idea! They're rivals, aren't they!? It would be chaotic with the children."

"Yes, but they're planning on having many activities together, so that they all get acquainted with each other! I even heard that they'll be exchanging students to fit each of their needs!"

"Switching the children!? No way! If they tell my Juri to switch, I will be against this decision!"

"Aigoo, always worrying about Juri, huh? I wouldn't mind if it benefitted my Dahee."

"That's what you think! This is my daughter's graduating year! I don't want her to switch schools in the middle of things!"

"Arasso, arasso. But think about Juri! Wouldn't she like to practice some where nicer, other than the auditorium or some classroom?"

My mom turned her head to look at me. "What do you think, Juri-yah?" I shrugged, "I wouldn't mind. It would be a great opportunity. We could merge the dance groups together to make a huge one so that we can all participate in competitions."

Then she sighed in defeat, "Arasso. Tell them I will agree as well."

"Yeh! Thanks for reconsidering! I will put your input in for sure and tell them not to move Juri. Bye!"

After she hung up, she looked at me again. "I just hope none of those kids cause trouble for you, Juri."


"JURRII-YAAHHHH!"

I turned around to see Dahee running, trying to catch up with me. Once she did, she bent over to catch her breath.

"Yah, why do you walk so fast?" she asked, gasping for air. I shrugged, "I always have!" I took three of the five text books she was carrying and held it for her.

"What's this for?" I asked, looking at the cover confused. "Oh! That? It's nothing. Just something my dad told me to bring ot our homeroom teacher. Haha, y'know; Dad being a professor and all."

"Right..."

Dahee looked at me and smiled brightly. "Now, come on! We can't be late! I heard the new exchange students from BH High are coming today."

I slowly sauntered behind as she quickly walked forward. She would occasionally turn back and nag at me for being too slow, but I took my time. We were still an hour early.

By the time we were in class, we were there with only 4 other people.

"You told us to hurry, because...?" I asked her. Dahee laughed and motioned me to follow her to the teacher's lounge.

"Seongsangnim! My father told me to bring these to you!" she called as she entered the room. When we got in there, we saw our homeroom teacher talking to three guys and one girl.

"Oh! Just the people I was looking for! Dahee-yah, Juri-yah, come on over here and introduce yourselves. Oh! You can just leave those text books here."

Dahee and I set down the text books and looked at the four people in front of us. One of the guys had blond-ish hair, the other two had black hair, except one of them was shorter than the other.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Oh Dahee-imnida!"

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park Juri-imnida."

Each of them introduced themselves. The blond-ish one was Kim Taehyung, or as he said he would like to be called, V. The shorter guy said he was Park Jimin and the other black haired one was called Jeon Jungkook. The girl was called Kim Minjung.

"I am so happy to have you two here. Since we still have about 30 minutes before school starts, why don't you show our new exchange students around the school?"

"Yeh!" we both said. Then we left, with the group of four following behind.

"Waah, this school has a big gymnasium..." V commented as we went past it. "Yup! We have a lot of games here." I answered him.

"Hey, do you guys have your schedules with you?" I asked them. They each nodded as they handed it to me and Dahee.

"Okay...well, Minjung-shi, V-shi, and Jimin-shi, you guys follow me, since your first class is with me. Jungkook, you go with Juri. Almost all of your classes are with her."

I looked at Jungkook and studied him for a moment. He was tall, good looks, and looked really familiar. I just couldn't place it though.

"Arasso, Juri-yah," Dahee turned to me, "We'll go first! You guys have fun at your classes!" I nodded and bid her farewell as well. When I turned back around, I found Jungkook staring at me.

"Waeyo? Is there something on my face?" I asked him. Jungkook crossed his arms.

"Tch." then he turned around and sauntered off to our first class. I cocked my eyebrow at his strange behavior. Who ever knew someone could be so cocky.


I walked out of my second to last class and headed off towards my last one. I sighed as my backpack felt heavy with all of the homework we had to do.

"Hey, Juri! Do you think you could help me with this?" someone called to me. I lazily turned around and came face to face with the one person I did not want to see.

Kim Dong Min.

The guy who was always chasing after me, no matter how many times I would reject him. I mean, he wasn't a stalker or anything, he just wasn't getting the idea that he was rejected.

"U-Uh? Help with what?" I asked, not getting closer.

"Well, my teacher told me to get this to Mrs. Kang and since you're going there, could you give this to her instead?" I hesitantly looked at the papers and took them, making sure our hands didn't touch.

"Um, alright. I should go now...the bell's going to ring any minute now." Then I turned and left without waiting for his reply.

"Yah, Juri-yah!" I turned around again, about to yell at him but the person who I saw, surprised me.

"Jungkook?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "Who else did you think I was?"

"I thought you were...nevermind. Why aren't you in class already?"

He shrugged, "Got lost." I rolled my eyes. "Right..."

By the time we got there, we were late. "Ms. Park. Mr. Jeon. Welcome to class. You're 5 minutes late."

We bowed while heading back to our spots. "This is all your fault." I turned my head to see Jungkook smirking at me and motioning to continue moving.

"Yah! How is it my fault!? You're the one who got lost!" I whispered to him. Once I got to my spot, Jungkook sat next to me.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" I asked while eyeing him. He moved himself closer and I instinctively moved back.

"Do you see any other seats, Ms.IknowwhatI'mdoingbutIreallydon't?" I glared at him when he called me that. I was just about to snap at him when the teacher yelled at us.

"Mr. Jeon! Ms. Park! Please do not disrupt the class anymore than you already have."

I bowed my head in embarassment, "Yeh. We're sorry." I smacked Jungkook to apologize too. He flinched but also apologized.


 

"Hey! Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!" I yelled. He turned around, rolling his eyes.

"What is it now? You already caused me a lot of trouble." I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"It wasn't my fault you got 'lost'!" I said back to him.

"Gosh, I was hoping we could get to know each other since most of our classes are together and you're new."

Jungkook laughed and started to walk down the stairs without another word. "Yah! I was-" Before I could finish my sentence, a whole pack of students came rushing down, knocking me over.

I let out a little scream, waiting for the cold impact of the tile floor, but what I felt was warm and breathing.

I looked up to find that I had landed on Jungkook. His back was on the floor while I was lying on his chest. Luckily for us, we had landed on the platform and didn't slide down the steps.

"Ugh, why are you so heavy? How much weight did you gain in the last couple of years?" He groaned.

I quickly got off him, embarassed. "S-sorry!" I got up and gave him a hand. He groaned again, pulling himself up. Once he was standing again, I didn't dare look at him because of my embarassment.

"Hey. Hey you" he said, poking my shoulder. I looked up, slightly pouting.

"Wae?" I asked. Jungkook chuckled, "No thank you?"

I pushed his arm away and gave him a little smile, "Thank you." Jungkook smirked and flicked my forehead.

"YAH!" I said as he ran down the last flight of stairs.

He turned back around and was walking backwards; looking at me. "Juri! I'm surprised you still don't recognise me! I hope you do by the time the meet starts later." Then he turned around and ran out the front doors.

 


What Jungkook had said to me earlier still confused me. What did he mean by "you still don't recognise me"? I was still so caught up in thought that I didn't notice Jimin walking next to me as I caught the last bus heading to BH High.

"Hey! Watch out!" He said, pushing the main door for me. I jumped back a bit when he said that.

"Gosh, Jimin! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I exclaimed, holding on to my chest. He grinned cheekily and let me through first. Then he followed suit.

"So...what's on your mind that you almost slam into the door?" I looked at him and he looked back at me, expectantly.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing, really. Are you also heading to the dance studio?" I asked him as we sat. He nodded, "Yup! You dance too, right?"

"Yeah, I do! How did you know?"

"Well, one, remember that one time both dance clubs from BH and RS had to come together and we showed each other our own little solos?"

I thought for a moment, then I finally remembered what he was talking about. It was last year when they decided to have both of our clubs hangout, but a week before, our teacher told us to prepare a dance routine to show our potential.

"Oh! That! Yes, now I remember!" I said, laughing. "Wait, were you the one who was dancing in a group of three?"

Jimin nodded, "Yup! That was me, Hoseok hyung, and Jungkook. Sadly, hyung graduated last year. But I remember your dance routine! It was so cool and clean! First, it was all graceful and jazzy, then BAM!" He made a huge gesture with his hand, "The music changes and out of no where you start to pop and and do all of this hip hop moves!" He said, mimicking some of the popping.

I couldn't help but to laugh at his huge gestures and by the time we got to school, we were both tired out from all of our laughing.

When we got up to the studio, there weren't many people except for V, Jungkook, Minjung, and Dahee. Dahee was just there to watch and help the teacher when needed. She waved me over to where she was sitting with a stretching V.

Minjung eyed me as I went over and I raised an eyebrow at her. She looked away, rolling her eyes.

"Don't let her get to you. She doesn't like having competition." Jimin whispered. I nodded looking one final time towards her before turning my attention back to V and Dahee.

 

"Sorry, but are we interrupting something?" I said, setting my stuff down. Dahee sent me a little glare as I saw her blush. 

 

"Go away and go stretch!" She said, smacking me on the arm. Jimin and I laughed seeing the two's expression. 

"Arasso, arasso." I said, giving her a tiny salute. She waved me off before returning to her conversation with V.

By now, there were already most of the class here. Finally, it started. 

"Hello everyone! Welcome to our first mixed class together! Please introduce yourselves to one another for you all will be seeing each other often. My name is Yang Jason, but just call me Jason. I teach the kids at BH."

"Hello! I am the teacher from RS High, Alice Jang! Both Jason and I went to the U.S. together to study dance." We all clapped and welcomed both teachers. 

"Now, on to our main agenda. This year, we will be doing a special performance for the dance on White Day. Us along with a couple of other clubs from different schools will be there." Jason said, motioning for Alice to continue. 

"Since White Day is usually the day when guys confess to girls, the guys will be leading as usual when dancing as a couple. We will be learning a lot of different types of dancing for this event, so we chose out your partners for you. We chose by experience, talent, and how well each of you fit each other. Once you are assigned a partner, please try to get to know each other well, so that you dance well. Know what each of you are comfortable with or not. Understood?" 

"Yeh!" We all chorused. "Arasso. Then choose a partner for now, so that we can evaluate you and if needed, make some last minute changes." 

Each of us were finding partners and just as I was going to ask Jimin, I got pulled by someone. 

"Don't even think about it! You're dancing with me." I looked up to find myself in Jungkook's arms. 

"Yah! Let go!" I said, pushing him away. He didn't and when he did, they had already the music. 

"Okay, everyone! Just watch and copy what we do for now until you get the hang of things!" Jason yelled over the music. Once everything got going, Jason and Alice stopped giving us the example to evaluate us. 

Then out of no where, Jungkook put his hand on my waist. "Jungkook! What do you think you're doing!? We hardly know each other!" I harshly whispered, pulling away. 

"Hardly know each other? Yeah, right. I'm offended you don't remember." He said, pulling me closer. Just as I was about to ask him what he ment, Alice came by. 

"Great posture you two! Now just get a teeny bit closer," she said, pushing us closer together, "Now this is perfect!" She patted the both of us on our shoulders before walking off. 

"See? I was doing the right thing!" Jungkook smirked. I glared at him, before turning my attention somewhere else. 


"Great job everyone! It's great seeing how easily everyone transitioned with the situation! Truly professional." Jason said, giving us applause. 

"Now, after watching each of you, we have come to our final decisions of the couples. The first two people we call out will be our main couple, and these two are....Jungkook and Juri!" 

"WHAT!?" I yelled. I was surprised to her someone else say it as well, so I turned around to see Minjung standing with open in surprise. 

"What!?", she repeated, "I dance with Jungkook and I'M his partner! Why does she get to dance with him!?" 

I looked up at Alice, "I don't mind changing..." Alice looked down at me and crossed her arms. 

"No. That"s final. You two are great dancers and have almost the same potential and talent. You guys match each other very well! No changes." 

Minjung scoffed and stormed out after grabbing her stuff. 

"Don't think I will be dancing unless I have my way!" She yelled. Jason facepalmed and groaned. 

"Great. Now we have an odd number!" Alice put her hand on his shoulder and reassured him, "Ani, we don't." 

"Dahee-yah! You're Minjung's replacement." 

Dahee looked up in surprise, "Y-Yeh!? R-Replacement!?" Alice nodded, "Yup. Don't worry about anything. We'll teach you all the things you need to know!"

"Uh..um," Dahee looked at me unsurely and I gave her a thumbs up of encouragement. 

"Arasso...I'll do it..." she said. I nodded and gave her a reassuring smile. 

"Alright! That's great to hear! Your partner will be Taehyung since he was originally supposed to be with Minjung." In the back, you could hear a loud "Yay!" 

We all turned to see that the person who yelled was V. He sheepishly put his arm down, apologizing. After that, Alice and Jason assigned the others then finaly dismissed us. 

"I expect you all to get along well with each other!" Jason called to us as we left the room. We all chorused with "Yeh!" 

"Hey, Juri-yah, are you going to walk home?" Dahee asked me. I shook my head, "Ani. My mom's already downstairs to pick me up. Do you want to ride too?" 

She nodded, "Yeah, I don't want to walk home alone." 

"Arasso, I'll ask her." Once we got to the lobby though, my mom was talking to someone and Jungkook, Jimin, and V were there too. 

"Omma!" I called as we neared. Both women turned around and looked at me. 

"Oh! Juri-yah! You're finally here. Do you remember Mrs. Jeon?" My mom asked me. I looked at her confused. 

"Mrs. Jeon? Who's that?" I asked her. I looked at her, then the woman next to her and then my attention turned to a smiling Jungkook. 

"Yah, pabo-yah. You really don't remember!? I'm offended! I was the one special person who blew your candles for you when you were four! And I was the first person to show you what a spider was!" Jungkook said. I stared at him for a moment until I finally remembered. 

"OMG! YOU'RE THAT JEON JUNGKOOK!?"

Jungkook laughed and then winked at me, "Of course, sweetie." 


A/N

Okays...finally updated!! It was very long...but I hope you guys all like it!! 

Subscribe & Comment!! :)