Chapter 15

Frienemies...or More?

"Are you sure you have those bags? No extra help?" Juri asked, peering behind her shoulder to look at Jungkook. His face was strained, but he gave her a small smile, "Nope. I got it. I'm not called the 'Golden Maknae' for nothing, y'know." 

Juri rolled her eyes, playfully, "Again with the 'Golden Maknae' stuff?" Jungkook nodded, vigorously, "Yup! Why? You got a problem with that?" 

Juri shot him a little glare before opening the door to Jin's apartment. By then, it was almost 11AM. As Juri came through the door, she heard a couple clangs coming from the kitchen. She left the door wide open for Jungkook and made her way to the kitchen. 

Sure enough, it was Dahee looking for something to eat. Juri chuckled before setting her bags on to the dinner table. The noise had caught Dahee's attention. 

"Oh, you're back! And alive!" Dahee said in greeting. Juri looked at her, "Why do you say that?" Dahee laughed, "Oh, come on. Usually you and Jungkook always argue and stuff." 

Just as she said his name, he appeared with the rest of the groceries. He set them on to the table; trying to do it softly. "What about me?" He asked. 

Dahee shook her hand nonchalantly, "Oh, nothing. Now, what did you guys buy? Did you guys get snacks? Ice cream?" Dahee started to look through the bags of stuff. 

Juri thought for a moment before looking at Jungkook, "Did we buy ice cream?" Jungkook looked up at her, "Did we?" They both tried to remember until Dahee cried out in frustration, "Yah! You guys didn't buy ice cream!" 

The two of them were startled by the sudden outburst. "S-So!? It's cold, Dahee!" Juri protested. Dahee pouted and crossed her arms across her chest, "That's exactly why we should eat it!" 

Jungkook sighed before sticking out a hand towards Juri. Juri looked down at it, confused. "What?" She asked. 

Jungkook pointed to Jin's wallet. "That. Give it. I'll go buy a tub of ice cream quick and come back." Juri frowned, "Are you sure about that? I can take Dahee out later for ice cream." 

Jungkook sighed, "Just give it, will you? The hyungs will probably ask the same things." Juri reluctantly gave him the wallet. Jungkook took out a couple bills and zipped up his coat. 

"Take Dahee with you, then!" Juri said, quickly. Dahee looked up at Juri in confusion, "Me? Why!?" 

Juri put her hands on her hips, "Yah, you're the one that wanted and asked for the ice cream first. It's only right that you go too. Plus, I'm sure Jungkook will let you choose the flavor, right Jungkook?" 

Juri looked over at Jungkook and they exchanged glances, before he sighed in defeat. "Fine. Hurry up Dahee. I'll wait for you out in the hallway." 

Dahee turned back to Juri and made a face, "Why did you ask me to do that!?" Juri mimicked her face, "So that I can somewhat cook peacefully! You always pick the food before it's ready." 

Dahee sighed, "Arasso...omma." Dahee eye-smiled at Juri before quickly running out. Juri sighed and chuckled to herself. "Aish, that girl." 

She shook her head and smiled before grabbing an apron. Then she started cutting the ingredients and vegetables they got for breakfast. 

~♥~

"Yah! Wait up, will you!? You have much longer legs than I do!" Dahee yelled, running to catch up with Jungkook. Jungkook fully stopped and turned around. 

"What?" He asked. Dahee bent over and caught her breath, "Yah, you should wait for me!" She said, in between breaths. 

Jungkook nodded slowly before walking again, slower this time. "Aish, why do you seriously have to be tall..." Dahee murmured. Jungkook stifled his laughter as he walked beside her. 

After passing a couple apartment complexes, they were soon in a small shopping area that had shops on both sides of the street. The whole area was already full of red, pink, and white for Valentine's Day.

"Wah, look at all this neat stuff!" Dahee exclaimed, almost running off before Jungkook grabbed her hood. 

"Yah, we came here for ice cream. Not all this lovey dovey stuff!" He said, starting to drag her away. Dahee started to protest, but smirked, "Are you going to confess to her on Valentine's Day? At the dance? During the dance? Before?" 

Jungkook stopped and started to blush. He actually hadn't thought of that. Having Dahee bring it up made him a little bit embarassed.  "A-Ani! Who said I was confessing," Jungkook stammered. 

Dahee smiled triumphantly, "Haha! Oh, come on, Jungkook. We all know you have a thing for her! When is it going to happen? It better happen soon!" 

Jungkook glared at her before walking ahead, not answering. Dahee's eyes widened, "Jungkook! Yah! Wait a moment!" 

Jungkook didn't listen and continued to walk without Dahee. Jungkook then began to ponder when and how he would confess. 'Dahee's right though...when will it happen?' He sighed. 'Jungkook, it's got to happen soon! Before she's taken or something. Especially by Dong Min.' 

Jungkook clenched his jaw at the thought of Dong Min dancing with Juri. 'There is absolutely no way I'm letting that guy near her.' He opened the door to the grocery shop he had gone to earlier with Juri. 

"Oh, welcome again!" The ahjumma there greeted. Jungkook gave her a smile and bowed in respect. "Annyeonghaseyo," he said, before making his way towards the frozen area that had all the ice cream. 

After a couple minutes, in came a breathless Dahee. She pointed at Jungkook, "Yah! I told you to wait!" She bent over and caught her breath before greeting the lady at the counter. 

Dahee made her way towards Jungkook and hit his back, "How do you expect to make Juri like you if you're always like this!?" She exclaimed. 

Jungkook's eyes widened, "W-What!? W-Who said I wanted to do that? Plus, I already have a lot of girls I can date!" Dahee scoffed and crossed her arms. 

"Just tell me, honestly, if you like her or not. I swear I won't peep to her!" Dahee said, both hands up to show him she was honest. Jungkook eyed her before sighing in defeat. 

"Fine. I do like her, okay? But it's not like I expect her to like me back or anything! And I don't plan on telling her anytime soon. Plus, I think she likes Jimin hyung," Jungkook said, quickly. 

Dahee slowly started to smile before giving him an unexpected hug. "Aigoo, you two people are such idiots!" She said before releasing him. She patted his arm, "You'll be fine when you confess! I am 100% sure nothing will go wrong!" 

Jungkook scoffed, "Yeah, right. Don't you know how unexpected Juri can be at times?" Dahee nodded slowly, "But I know it won't go wrong! Do it soon~!" 

Dahee took the tub of ice cream from Jungkook and left him hanging, pondering about what she meant. Dahee stood at the cash register, waiting for Jungkook who had the money. 

He slowly made his way up, distracted by his thoughts. He gave the bills to the ahjumma and payed for the ice cream. As the ahjumma handed the bag with the ice cream, the ahjumma spoke up.

"Sorry, but I couldn't help but to overhear your conversation. Are you planning on confessing to the girl from earlier today?" She asked. Jungkook looked at her, surprised. 

"Uh, yeah, I am..." he answered. The ahjumma gave him a warm smile, "Aw, that's great news! Earlier when you two came in, I thought you were already a couple. Son, a way to find out about her is the way she looks at you and acts around you! There's a definite change if she likes you." 

Jungkook slowly nodded, "Thank you for the advice, ahjumma." She patted his shoulder before reaching down and handing him a bag of chocolates. Jungkook look at it and then her in confusion. "What's this?" He asked. 

The ahjumma patted his hand, "Take it as a gift of support. Share it with your girl and next time you two come here, I want you two to be a couple, got it?" Jungkook gave her a smile and bowed, "Thank you ahjumma!" 

He waved and left with Dahee. They walked next to each other in silence for a moment before Dahee broke it. "So, about the whole Valentine's day dance at school, what's going to happen, exactly?" 

Jungkook shook his head, "I have no idea either. I haven't heard much from saem's side. He did send us some videos to learn from though." 

"Oh yeah, us too," Dahee answered, remembering the video. "Do you think we might be called in today?" She asked him. Jungkook shook his head, "I have no idea. Maybe?" Dahee slowly shook her head before it became silent again. 

"So...how's hyung treating you?" Jungkook asked after a while. Dahee smiled, "He's really sweet...well, he always has been." Jungkook chuckled, "Of course. Hyung's always nice to girls. Y'know, he used to always lecture me when I did something mean to Juri." 

Dahee laughed, "Really? No way!" Jungkook nodded, "He did! But whenever we brought you up, he would turn pink and be quiet again." Dahee blushed at this. 

"Oh, and Dahee," Jungkook turned and faced her. "--you can't tell Dahee about what I said, okay? Nothing!" Dahee laughed and patted his arm, "Of course I will...not. Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me." 

Jungkook smiled before opening the door for her, "Thanks, Dahee. I'm glad we talked about this." 

"I'm glad we talked too! You're actually not such a jerk as Juri suggests you are!" Jungkook slightly frowned at this as Dahee passed by. Soon, they were in front of Jin's apartment again. They could hear loud laughter from outside. 

"I guess the hyungs are awake now," Jungkook said, punching in the code for the door. They both walked in and found everyone awake and lively. 

They both walked in and set their stuff on the dinner table. Juri was still cooking a soup with the help of Jin, Jimin, and Junghwa. The other members were sprawled in front of the TV or on their cellphones. 

"Oh, you guys are finally back," Suga said, looking up from the game on his cellphone. Jungkook gave him a little nod in greeting. 

"What'd you guys buy?" J-Hope asked, walking up and looking through the bag. "Well, we bo--" 

"ICE CREAM! CHOCO PIE! POCKY!" J-Hope yelled, holding them up. Jungkook facepalmed. He still wondered how J-Hope was his hyung. 

"Yah! Put that down and come sit!" Jin yelled. He had finished setting all the plates down and Jimin just finished setting the last cup down.

Everyone slowly filed to the table and sat down. Junghwa sat down first as Juri put the finishing touches on the soup. Jungkook got up and walked towards Juri. 

"Need help?" He asked, seeing her grab some oven mits. Juri turned around, "Yes! I do! I'm not strong enough to grab the pot..."she trailed off. Jungkook slightly pushed her out of the way and took the oven mits. 

He slipped them on and grabbed the pot of piping hot soup. He glided over to the table and carefully sat it down. Jungkook handed the mits back to Juri, "And that's how pros do it." 

Juri scowled at him before pushing him away. "Yah! Don't eat my soup then! Or any of my food!" Jungkook stumbled and laughed, "What!? Why!?" 

Juri huffed and sat down, ignoring him. Rap Mon shook his head, "Aigoo, you two are unstoppable." Junghwa shrugged, and reached for some kimchi, "Oh well. That's what you expect from lovers." 

"Unnie!" 

"Noona!" 

Juri and Jungkook both turned towards her, turning pink. "Oh! They're both blushing!" J-Hope exclaimed. He turned to Jimin and they both 'fanboyed'. 

"Unnie! Why do you always say that!?" Juri said, clearly flustered as she reached for some meat. Jungkook quickly took his seat afterwards, not saying anything to anyone. 

 Then, his cellphone started ringing. Jungkook quickly ran up, glad to be out of the conversation. It was Jason Saem. 

Juri turned to look at Jungkook as he answered the call. Jungkook would occasionally nod and answer with a 'yes, Saem'. Juri looked over at Dahee and they exchanged glances. 

Dahee mouthed, 'Saem?' Juri nodded in response. As Jungkook ended the call, all eyes were on him as he came back. He slowly and awkwardly sat back down, feeling all of their gazes. 

"Who was that?" Junghwa asked. Jungkook looked over at Juri, "It was Jason. We have to go practice in two hours." 

"When you say 'we',  do you mean Dahee, Jimin, and me too?" V asked. Jungkook nodded, "Yeah." Dahee sighed, "I bet they're going to have us practice for the special Valentine's Day performance..." 

Juri nodded, "Yeah, agree...Jungkook, have you practiced your parts?" Jungkook nodded in response, "Yeah, have you?" She nodded as she ate her soup.

"Good then.." he trailed off. The rest of the meal consisted of spoons hitting plates and slurps of soup. After a while, their 'brunch' ended. 

Juri got up and grabbed Jimin's plate that was next to hers. Jimin grabbed her wrist, "Hey, I got it. You can rest up a bit before practice." 

Juri opened to protest, but Jimin cut her off. "Juri, it's the least I can do. You made all of this food for us and you went shopping for Hyung." He gave her his signature smile as he sat her back down and took the plates. 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes as he grabbed the plates around him as well. "I can help Jimin-hyung. We still have time." Jimin smiled at him, "Wah, this might actually be the first time you've volunteered for doing chores!" 

Jungkook could feel himself getting warm as his hyungs agreed right away with Jimin. "Y-Yah! It's not the first!" They all laughed at his flustered face and expression. 

"Just hurry up and do the dishes! It might take some time!" Rap Mon said, getting up from his seat. He clapped them both on their shoulders and steered them to the sink. "Thanks for volunteering, guys!" Suga said as he followed behind with some dishes. 

Jungkook glanced at Jimin as more and more dishes piled in. Jimin smiled and shrugged, "Well, we might as well get started." Jungkook sighed before nodding in agreement. 

~♥~

"Welcome back crew!" Alice welcomed after they all piled in. The members and students all greeted her as she motioned them to sit down. 

"Okay, so, have you guys been practicing? We sent you all videos to practice individually. I know it's a different technique than what we normally do, but we want to see how much you can learn by yourself and trying it yourself. Would you all like to have a run through?" Alice asked, looking around the room. They all nodded quickly. 

Jason played the music and everyone got into their positions. "1! 2! 1, 2, 3, 4!" He shouted over the music. After the count off, they all started their dance. Surprisingly, most of the group was in sync. 

After a couple of minutes, the dance was over and they regrouped. Alice clapped in approval and looked over at Jason who was leaning on the wall in the back of the room. "What do you think?" She asked. 

Jason nodded, "It was great. We need to tweek a couple things, but other than that, you all did really well. How do you guys feel about having a little dance-off at the Valentine's Day dance?" 

Some of the girls started squealing and chattering amongst themselves in excitement as the guys started to murmur amongst themselves their opinions. Alice clapped her hands to grab their attention again, "Are you guys up for it?" She asked. 

Some members agreed and some disagreed. "Let's take a vote. Who doesn't want to have a dance-off?" A couple people raised their hands. "Who does want a dance-off?" The rest of the class raised their hands. 

Alice glanced at Jason, as he gave her a little nod. "I guess we're doing a dance off!" The class whopped and hollered in excitement. Juri glanced at Dahee as Dahee bit her lower lip. V high-fived Jimin who was next to him before heading towards her. 

"Dahee, are you excited!?" V asked, smiling brightly. Dahee slightly nodded and gave him a small smile. "Uh...sure?" 

"Dahee! You're going to still do this, right!?" Juri asked as she ran up. She high-fived V before turning towards Dahee again. Dahee rubbed her arm nervously, "I..I don't think I can do it..." 

V gave her a reassuring smile as he took her by the shoulders, "Yes, you can. I know you can! I've seen you dance. You just need more confidence! You're getting better and better each day!" V exclaimed. Dahee shook her head, "No...I don't thi--" 

"Crew! Regroup!" Jason yelled. Dahee glanced at V as he gave her another smile and held her hand, squeezing it. "Remember, this is a dance-off! We'll be seperating you all again according to the schools. The format of our dance will be a dance-off, but after the second song, we'll regroup and go back to our original partners. You know your partners, right?" Jason glanced around the room as they all nodded. 

"Okay, good. We'll go back to our partners and learn a couple dance to show off our unity." 

Jungkook glanced over at Juri and saw her nodding to what Jason had said. He could feel himself get excited for the couple dance and feel his heart start racing. 

"Since we'll be doing a dance-off, we'll leave that up to yourself, as individuals, to make up your own routine. Don't forget to send us, your original teahcer, your routine. Please don't make it so long!" Alice said. 

Juri already had thoughts of her routine in her mind. She gently prodded Dahee. "Yah, do you want to work on our routines together?" Dahee shrugged in answer. 

"Okay, team. Let's get to work on the couple dance! Juri, Jungkook, can you two please step forward?" Juri glanced over at Jungkook and saw him looking at her. She quickly looked away, feeling a slight blush and got up. 

Jungkook followed suit and stood next to her, facing their peers. "So, what I envisioned was having you guys continuously staring at each other through out the whole thing. It'll be pretty much like a love story," Jason said. Some of the kids cooed and whooped, making the two of them laugh nervously. 

"Okay, so, as I was saying earlier, at the end of the second song, Jungkook and Juri both step out," Jason motioned for Alice to join him and show what he said. "-and then basically, you'll slowly start to get closer and closer. The dance will be slightly touchy, but not too much. Just enough to give you the feels, y'know what I mean?" Jason asked, turning towards the two main leads. 

They both nodded along as he continued his explanation for the rest of the group. Juri slightly glanced over at Jungkook, 'Omg, how am I going to do this dance!? We barely pullled off 'Troublemaker'!' She thought. Jungkook had the same exact thought go through his mind, but he quickly waved it off.

'It's fine, Jungkook. We need to do this! It'll be a way to keep her away from Dong Min and show him that he's got no chance!' He thought. And with that, he quickly absorbed himself into the routine Jason and Alice were teaching. 

~♥~

A/N 

HULLO ALL. Okay, late and long update! Oh, and Happy Belated Valentine's Day! So, lots of stuff happened in this chapter... (or it's just a bunch of nonsense) but I hope it's not TOO confusing. I feel like it's a bit choppy though...

Leave me a comment on what I should fix! Very much appreciated! And yes, in the story, V-Day didn't happen yet...hehehe! 

Have fun reading! Subscribe & Comment! Upvote if you want. 

GOODNIGHT, GOOD MORNING, GOOD AFTERNOON!