Chapter 10

Frienemies...or More?

"So, how did your 'Trouble Maker' performance go?" Juri asked Dahee. Dahee shrugged, "Ehhh." 

"Ehhh? Well, I'll take it as everything went well, then." 

Dahee shrugged again before they both jumped in surprised when V appeared out of no where next to Dahee. 

"Annyeong!" He said, waving with both hands. Juri smiled, "Annyeong, Taehyung-ah!" 

V frowned, "Since when did I say you can call me so informally," he said, crossing his arms. Juri looked at him, baffled. 

"Well, I thought that-" 

V laughed before patting her arm, "It's fine if you talk to me informally, but I think I'm older by a year..."

Juri's eyes widened, "Omo, really!? You're an...oppa!?" 

V nodded, "Yup! So instead of just V or Taehyung, you must add oppa. MUST! You too, Dahee-yah!" He turned to look at Dahee, but Dahee looked down at her food. 

V frowned, "What's wrong? Is there something wrong with you calling me oppa?" V pouted at her and peered at her face. 

Juri raised an eyebrow, confused. Dahee was definitely not herself today.

V grabbed Dahee's shoulders to face him. She stared at him, expressionless.

V put his hands on to form an 'o'. "Okay, Dahee-yah. Now say, 'Taehyung Oppa'." 

Dahee refused to move . V frowned more. "O-ppa. O-ppa. It's quite easy!" 

Dahee gave him a small smile, "Taehyung...oppa." V smiled triumphantly and crashed Dahee's small body into his. 

"I knew I could get you to say it!" He whispered in her ear. Dahee couldn't help but to smile as V squeezed her a bit more, as though if he let her go, Dahee would disappear. 

Juri watched the two in front of her and she fangirled on the inside. They were just too cute! 'I wonder if tthey've ever gone on a date before...'

"You should call me oppa, too," someone whispered in Juri's ear. 

Juri jumped in her seat again in surprise and almost fell off if Jungkook hadn't been standing right behind her. Juri grabbed onto his jacket for dear life and only let go when her heart stopped racing. 

V and Dahee looked up from their moment to look at the two across the table. They exchanged glances and quickly grabbed their trays and moved to a different, unoccupied table. 

"Why'd you do that!? You know how easily I get scared!" Juri said, as she abused Jungkook again when he sat down next to her. 

"Appo! Okay, okay! Geez, woman! Calm down!" Jungkook said, still laughing, and grabbed her arms. She stopped and glared at him as his grip was stronger than her own. 

After regaining his composure, he looked her in the eye. 

"Now, call me Jungkook Oppa."

"No," Juri answered, turning away from him. "Wae!?" Jungkook whined. 

"I already told you! Only EXO!..well, with the exception of Taehyung." 

"Exactly what I mean! So, call me 'oppa'!" Jungkook insisted. 

"No, I-" 

"OPPA~!" 

Jungkook and Juri snapped their heads up at the person who had called out 'oppa'. 

It was Minjung and her clique. She strutted forward towards the two as though she owned the school before stopping and sitting where Dahee and V had been. 

"Oppa, don't you miss dancing with me?" Minjung asked, leaning closer to Jungkook. Juri frowned and turned to Jungkook. 

Jungkook glanced at her, and then back at Minjung. He gave her a killer smile. 

"Of course. But then again, Juri's a better dancer. Like Alice saem said, 'we have more chemistry'." Jungkook's hand that had been in his lap moved to grab Juri's and squeezed it to reassure her. 

Juri looked down in surprise and then glanced back up at Jungkook. Just what the heck was he thinking!? 

Minjung's eyes narrowed, "More chemistry!? Better dancer!?," she scoffed, "My looks and skills are way better than hers! I'm more slender and now I'm the top of the school. If she was so great, why isn't she?"

Juri opened to retort with something just as cruel when Jungkook answered for her. 

"She doesn't need the attention to live. Now if you'll excuse us. We have to get ready for our next class." Jungkook got up, taking Juri up with him. She grabbed her bag when she got caught on the sleeve by Minjung.

Minjung pulled her towards her as Jungkook turned around, slightly frowning.

"This is not over, Juri. It has just begun. Just so you know, you brought this on yourself," Minjung said before releasing her arm. Once she did, Jungkook quickly took Juri out of the lunchroom.

Once they were at their lockers, Juri turned to him and crossed her arms. "Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?" Jungkook said as he switched out his books. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, Jungkook. Because of what you did just now, I'm going to be her target for the rest of the year!"

"Good! I can be around you 24/7!" Jungkook said, winking. Juri rolled her eyes, as her heart sped up. "This isn't a time to joke around! I wanted to end my high school years with no drama! But now I have to deal with this new queenka. Heck, we didn't even have a queenka before!"

"So!? Maybe you can be the queenka then!" Jungkook retorted. Juri scoffed, "No! Why would I do that!?"

"Because you'd be perfect for it! Feisty and sassy!" After saying this, he earned another smack on the shoulder from Juri.

"Seriously, Jungkook! Are you kidding me!?"

The bickering continued and little did they know that Dahee and Taehyung were watching from afar. "They look like an old couple having a useless fight..." Dahee said.

V nodded along, "Do you think we'd every be like that?"

Dahee shrugged, "Well, we'd have to be a couple first." Dahee's eyes widened as she processed what she had just said. She turned around to look at V's reaction. He was looking at the ground. Dahee was getting nervous and was about to take back what she said when V looked up at her in the eye.

"Dahee...willyougoonadatewithme?" 

Everything stopped. Dahee's eyes widened even more and was totally speechless. V looked at her, waiting for her answer. 

"I..uh...yeah, yeah, sure!" Dahee couldn't believe that V actually asked her out. 'Maybe he'll ask me to be his girlfriend! Aniya, what are you thinking, Dahee-yah! You're thinking too far ahead!' 

V sighed in relief, "Great! I thought you were going to say 'no'!" 

Dahee laughed at his reaction, "Really? Nah, why would I turn you down?" 

V smiled warmly at her, "You wouldn't? Even if I asked you years later?" 

"No, you're a great person! You're smart, nice, charming, hands-" Dahee covered before she said anything more. She blushed bright red as V did as well. 

He laughed to break the silence, "Oh, really? Thanks..." 

Dahee nodded and looked down at her hands from the embarassment. There is no way she could go on the date now without him knowing all the feelings she had for him. 

V looked down at his watch, "Well, we have about two minutes before the bell rings. Should we head to class?"

Dahee nodded before heading in Juri and Jungkook's direction. 

"Hey, Dahee! Where are you going?" V asked as he followed her. 

"My locker!" She called to him as they got nearer. Juri and Jungkook were now staring daggers at each other. 

"Woah! You guys are both going to be killed with your glares!" Dahee said, laughing. 

Juri and Jungkook snapped their heads in her direction before turning back to glare at each other.

"Okay, okay, you two. Stop staring so lovingly at each other," V said sarcastically while smiling. Both Dahee and V noticed how the two blushed a little pink. 

"Lovingly!? To him!? JUNGKOOK!?" Juri yelled. Jungkook scoffed as he turned around, "As if! To this ahjumma!?" 

"YAH!" 

Then, the bickering started again. Even after the bell rung, they still bickered until they got to their next class. Luckily for Juri, Jungkook was in a different pod. 


"Hey, Juri! You're spacing out again~" 

Juri snapped her head at Jimin, who was her seatmate. 

"Huh? Oh, sorry." 

Jimin smiled, "Nah, it's fine. Just that you missed half of the notes." 

Juri looked down at her paper then at Jimin's. His paper was already 3/4 of the ways full while her's was only halfway. 

"Oh, shoot. I totally spaced out. Can I borrow your notes later?" Juri pleaded. 

Jimin nodded, "Yeah. But only if you go to a cafe with me later." 

"...but I have dance practice later..." Juri said unsurely. He nodded again, "I know. I'll come get you after it and we can go to the cafe." 

"Arasso. But you're buying the food!" 

Jimin thought for a moment before answering, "Fine. I'll buy." 

"Promise?" Juri said, sticking out a pinky. Jimin chuckled and did the same.

"I promise!" 

"Okay, then. You better come on time..." Juri said to him.

Jimin raised his hands, "I didn't cross my fingers! I'll be there. Don't worry!" 

Juri chuckled at his action, "I know, I know." 

The bell rang signalling the end of the last period. Everyone started to pack up and leave quickly.

"So, do you want me to come and get you from the studio?" 

Juri thought for a moment, "I don't know when we'll be done...so just come around 4:30? And bring your notes so that I can copy them." 

Jimin nodded in understanding, "Okay, I'll see then!" He patted her on the head and left. 

Juri sighed as she packed her stuff and was the last to leave. As she was turning the corner to exit the room, she bumped into someone. 

"Yah! Watch where you're going!" 

Juri looked up to see that the person she had bumped into was the one and only, Minjung. Lucky for Juri though, because it was just her. 

"Maybe you should," Juri replied back calmly. She gave a slight bow before walking past Minjung. 

"Hey, you. Just to let you know, I was their muse first. Not you," Minjung said, smugly. 

Juri stopped and turned around, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, right. You don't really know what they do, do you?" Minjung asked with a smirk. 

"So? It's not my job to dig through their past and look for things they didn't tell me." 

Minjung scoffed, "You're very dense, Juri. Very." 

Juri only chuckled, "Believe what you want, Minjung. Believe what you want." 

"I will, thanks. Oh yeah, and I'm making my return real soon. Watch out, Juri." 

Juri waved, nonchalantly, "Sure, sure. Have fun!" Then she hurried out of the pod and down the stairs to her locker. When she was a few feet away, she could see Jungkook leaning against her locker. 

He was blowing out his cheeks and then deflating them again. 

Juri chuckled and shook her head before walking up to him. 

"What are you doing?" 

Jungkook was slightly startled and got off the locker. "Well, what does it look like?" He said, crossing his arms. 

Juri rolled her eyes as she put away the books she didn't need for homework. "Okay, are you ready?" 

Jungkook nodded, "Obviously. I'm the one waiting here." 

"That's true. But you usually forget at least one thing," Juri stated as she walked past him towards the front doors. 

"Oh yeah...but no, I have everything today!" Jungkook said as he walked up to her. His strides were bigger and caught up to her quicker. Soon, he had to slow himself down to match her. 

After a long walk, they finally reached the dance studio. When they got in, Alice and Jason were already there, dancing to a certain routine. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," Jungkook and Juri greeted. Alice and Jason stopped and they turned around to greet the two of them. 

"Hey! You guys are finally here!" Alice said, turning off the music. 

"Sorry, we walked here," Juri said, bowing. "No, it's okay. We kind of needed the time to choose which routine to do," Jason answered. 

As they warmed up, Jason and Alice continued to talk about which dance they should try first for the intro. Finally, they chose one.

They showed the video to the two and then broke it down. 

Soon enough, they were at the part where they turn around multiple times. Juri smiled at how fun the dance was. Finally, it came to the part. 

Juri leaned back on one leg, free falling. 

But Jungkook was a bit far from her. 

Juri could feel herself fall backwards as if in slow motion. She saw Jungkook's expression change from surprise to horror as he noticed his mistake. 

Jungkook lunged forward and caught her whole body before she hit the ground. 

Jason and Alice rushed forward to check on the two leads. 

"Are you two alright?" Jason asked as he helped Juri and Jungkook up. They nodded as a response. 

"Yeah, we're fine, right Juri?" Jungkook asked as he turned to her, concerned. 

He caught her arm and looked her up and down for any visible injuries. 

She shook his arm off, "I'm fine." Juri could feel her heart beat a mile a minute as she heard Jungkook's concerned voice and how he grabbed her arm. 

"See? I told you he'd catch you.." Alice said as she gave Juri her water bottle. Juri gave her a small smile before taking a swig of the water. 

"I think that's enough for today. We'll see you two next week then!" Jason dismissed. Juri and Jungkook both bowed in return as they gathered their stuff. 

They said their goodbyes as well before heading out into the lobby. As they got out into the lobby, someone called out to Juri. 

"Juri! You ready!?" Jimin stood there wearing casual clothing. 

"Hyung!?" Jungkook asked, confused. He looked over at Juri and saw her face brighten up into a smile. 

"Oppa!" Juri called out as she waved, enthusiastically. Jungkook's mouth dropped at her reaction.

"Oppa!? What!?" He asked, but was completely ignored by the two. Juri ran forward and hooked arms with Jimin. 

"Well, aren't you excited..." Jimin said, chuckling. 

"Wae? You don't want me to!?" Juri asked, jokingly. Jimin ruffled her hair as Jungkook looked on, dumbfounded. 

"Hold up! What the heck is going on!?" 

 


 

A/N 

Hellooooo! Sorry for not updating in a while! I had to study for quite a lot of things for school....but it's now winter break! AND CHRISTMAS IS IN THREE DAYS. 

So, I was wondering if I should make a Christmas special chapter...should I? Leave me a comment! 

Oh, and sorry if the chapter was very long...hehehe....

And as usual, it wasn't looked over for any errors...my bad. 

Thanks for reading!! :3