Chapter 19

Frienemies...or More?

After a lot of bickering, both Jungkook and Juri were finally able to leave the apartment. They were finally able to make their way to their date destination. 

"So...where exactly are we going?"Juri asked as Jungkook held her hand, pulling her along. "Shopping," Jungkook answered, not looking back at her. Juri raised an eyebrow.

"Shopping? Isn't this something I should be taking you to?" Juri asked. Jungkook stopped when the light said no walking. He turned to her, "Sure. You can. I was thinking we should get some kind of couple clothing...just so that people know you're mine." He leaned close to her face. "I've seen all the guys staring at you. They're all secretly crushing on you." 

He pulled away when he heard the familiar ring of the signal for walking. "Come on, now...yeobo." Juri's mouth dropped open as she smacked his arm. 

"Jungkook! Don't say that!" she said, embarassed. Jungkook glanced back at her. "Wae? It's true! Do you want me to call you something different? Like babe? Love? Ju Ju? I still like yeobo," he said, smiling. This earned another hit on the arm from Juri. 

Jungkook laughed as he pinched her cheek, making her freeze. "You're cute when you're flustered," he said, a cheeky grin on his lips. Juri blinked a couple of times before looking away, down at the floor. She pulled his hand. "Are you coming or not?" she said, walking ahead.

Jungkook chuckled. 'Is it possible for her to be even cuter now that she's my girlfriend?' he thought as she pulled him along, inside the mall. Jungkook took a couple long strides to catch up to her pace, before slowing down. He held her hand firmly as they walked along, looking at the different shops. 

"Hey, I'm the man in this relationship. I should be leading," he whispered in her ear. Juri chuckled and scoffed, "The man in the relationship? You're the one that wanted to buy couple clothing!" 

Jungkook smiled triumphantly, happy that he was able to make her laugh. "Okay, fine. But that's only because you don't want to announce our relationship to everyone. We have to show it somehow though, or else all those guys at school are going to continue to hit on you and flirt with you." 

"Aw, is someone jealous?" Juri said, jokingly. Jungkook glanced at her and put his forehead next to hers. "Yes. Very." He pulled away, smiling. Then he bursted out laughing. 

"You should see your face! You look so ridiculous! Did you think I was going to kiss you or something?" he said through his laughter. Juri looked away, her face red. "W-Well, what am I supposed to do when you suddenly bring your face so close to mine! Plus, we're dating!" she yelled. 

Jungkook pointed at her, "AHA! You said it! You said we were dating and you yelled it out!" Juri's mouth dropped. She couldn't believe she actually did that. She took her hand out of his. 

"Forget it! Shopping with you is too distracting! I can't look at anything!" she said, walking off. "Is it because you're too busy oogling at your boyfriend's handsome face? Because I would do that too if I were you!" Jungkook called after her. 

Juri spun around and crossed her arms. "Jeon Jungkook. I can't believe I'm actually dating you. You're so...so....UGH!" She spun around again and stormed off, Jungkook jogging to catch up with her. 

It didn't take long for him to appear next to her side again. "Alright, alright. I'll be quiet...but only if you call me 'oppa'!" Juri elbowed his chest. "Stop joking around Jungkook! I thought you wanted to buy fcouple clothing?" 

Jungkook shrugged, "That's true...but joking around with you is more fun. Why? Is my Juri upset? Annoyed?" Juri sideglanced up at him before sighing and walking up to look at a couple phone charms on display. She took out her cellphone to look at how it fit, ignoring Jungkook as he bent to look at her face. 

She turned her back on him as she looked between two charms, contemplating which one to get. "I think you should get the white one. It'll match your mint green case more."

Juri turned to look at the right and was met by Jungkook's face. He turned to look at her, before raising up his right hand. In his right hand, was her cellphone. Juri's eyes widened as she saw Jungkook slowly walking away. 

"Y-Yah! Give me back my cellphone!" Juri yelled after him. Jungkook put a hand next to his ear, cupping it. "Excuse me? What did you say? Did you say 'oppa'? I don't think so!" he said.

Juri ran a hand through her hair as she took out the money in her wallet and payed for the white charm first. After paying for it, she turned around to find Jungkook sitting on a bench not too far away.

He sat up straight when he noticed her walking towards him. "Jungkook, give it back. This is embarassing," Juri said, crossing her arms. Jungkook cupped his ear again. "What? What did you say?" he said.

Juri sighed, giving an outstretched hand. "Give it, Jungkook. Now. This is really embarassing!" she said. Jungkook looked up at the ceiling before holding it out to her. Just as Juri was about to grab it, he snatched it back, sticking out a tongue at her. 

"Not that easy, yeobo!" he said, laughing. Juri sighed defeatedly, running a hand through her hair again. Jungkook turned around, walking off slowly. 

"OPPA! Give it back," Juri said, plopping down on the bench. She was now pouting, sitting there and waiting for him. Jungkook backwalked to her. He bent down to her level.

"Say it again. Then I'll give it to you," he said, happiness in his eyes. Juri glanced at him before glancing away, looking at the floor, an outstretched hand to him.

"Oppa...give it back," she said. Jungkook's smile brightened instantly as he ran around the bench and sat next to her. He handed her, her cellphone before hugging her. 

"Good job, yeobo! Good job! Now, just continue to call me that, or else I'll continue to annoy the life out of you, okay?" Jungkook said, winking at her. Juri looked at him. "Can we break up? You're too annoying." 

Jungkook put his head in her lap, taking her by surprise. "I like the contact name you have for me. 'Kookie Oppa'...it's nice," he said, closing his eyes. Juri could feel a blush crawl onto her cheeks. 'He wasn't supposed to see that!' she thought, panickedly. 

"Jungkook, people are staring," she said, trying to change the subject. Jungkook opened an eye to look at her. He smiled softly at her, getting up. "Alright. I'm sorry. I'll do whatever you want now." 

Juri looked at him, eyes wide. "Really? Whatever I want?" Jungkook slowly nodded, "Yup! Unless it's something really outrageous, then no, but other than that, yes!" 

Juri got up and grabbed his hand, taking Jungkook by surprise. "Buy me something to eat. I'm hungry," she said. Jungkook chuckled, getting up. When he got up, he was towering over her. He ruffled her hair, "Of course I will. But I thought we just ate?" 

Juri crossed her arms, "It's been two hours..." Jungkook crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. Juri stared at him a moment before looking away, and clearing . "Oppa." 

Juri fixed the hair that he had messed up, before grabbing his hand. "Come on, oppa," she said, with no emotion. Jungkook let her pull him to the food courts. 

'You always surprise me with your ways, Juri...and that's one of the reasons I like you. You're different.'


"Here! Careful! It's hot!" Jungkook cried as he set down the steaming, hot ramen. Juri set down the water bottles and napkins down next to the ramen as she sat across from him. Jungkook took the chopsticks and started to blow the ramen while stirring it. He took a little bit of it and blew on it directly then lifted it up to Juri. 

Juri looked at it a moment. "What," she said, leaning her head back a bit. Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Ahhh!" He said. 

Juri smiled at his eye roll before opening . "Mmmm! It's good!" She said, eyes widening. Juri took her chopsticks and gave some to Jungkook. 

Jungkook stared at her. Juri looked at him, chopstick and ramen in the air. "What?" She asked. 

Jungkook pointed at the ramen. "You're not going to blow on that? I did it for you! Do you want me to burn my mouth?" He exclaimed. Juri laughed before bringing it to her lips and blowing on it. 

"Here, happy now?" She said, raising it to his lips again. Jungkook nodded like a little kid before opening his mouth and eating it. Juri picked up a piece of kimbap and stuffed it into his mouth too. 

Jungkook smiled with his mouth full. He quickly gulped it down. "I feel so lucky right now!" He said, putting both hands behind his head. Juri laughed before hitting his ribcage. 

Jungkook laughed, rubbing the spot she hit. "Ow! My girlfriend's so abusive!" He said, looking at her. Juri's smile widened as she grabbed another piece of kimbap, raising it to his lips, which he happily ate. 

"I'm abusing you out of love, oppa. Remember that," Juri said jokingly. Jungkook laughed as he fed her a piece of kimbap. Juri then fed herself some ramen, leaving Jungkook hanging.

He stared at her a moment as she ate happily. "Juri," he said. She glanced up at him, chewing her food. 

"Hmm?" She asked. Jungkook set his chin in his hand. "Do you like me or food more?" He asked. Juri looked back down at the food and swallowed. 

"Food," she said with no hesitation. Jungkook held on to his heart dramatically. "Juri! You broke my heart!" He said expressively. Juri chuckled before feeding him some more kimbap. 

"Aigoo, just eat!" She said, stuffing more into his mouth. Jungkook opened his mouth as she continuously put food in there until he couldn't fit more. 

He closed his mouth, waving his hand for a stop. Juri laughed as he struggled to chew. "Your face is too funny, oppa!" She said in between her laughter. 

Jungkook made a sour face at her as she continued to laugh. 

"Jungkook? Juri?" 

Juri stopped laughing and turned to who said their name. Her smile instantly vanished. 

"Minjung," she said, emotionless. Jungkook looked up and started choking on his food. Juri snapped her head in his direction as worry filled her eyes. She instantly got up and started to hit his back. 

"Oppa, are you okay?" Juri asked, disregarding Minjung. Jungkook nodded as he grabbed his water bottle, taking a long sip from it. He looked up at Minjung, as did Juri. 

Juri stood next to Jungkook, her hand on his shoulder. "What are you doing here?" Juri asked Minjung. Minjung crossed her arms, leaning on one hip. 

"I could ask you the same thing, Juri. What are you two doing here?" Minjung asked, glancing at Jungkook. Jungkook looked up at Juri before setting his hand on top of hers. 

"We're on a date, Minjung," Jungkook answered for Juri. Minjung squinted her eyes at their hands as her jaw set. 

"Oh, really? A date?" Minjung asked through gritted teeth. Juri nodded, "Yup. A date. Is there a problem?" 

Minjung glared at her. "I don't know. You tell me," she said. Juri glared back at her as Jungkook straightened in his seat. Their gazes were making him uncomfortable, since he could feel the tension in the air. 

"Minjung! Let's go!" Juri glanced up to see an older lady, wearing nice, luxurious clothes wave at Minjung.

Minjung sighed annoyingly, rolling her eyes. Then she glared at Juri again before giving them both a smile. 

"I guess I'll see you on Monday, Jungkook. You have quite some explaining to do!" She said, happily but also menacingly. She didn't even glance at Juri before spinning around and heading over to who Juri was sure, was Minjung's mother. 

After she was gone, and Juri was sure she was out of earshot, Juri let out a long sigh. She let go of Jungkook's shoulder, where she then noticed that she was holding on to him tightly. 

Juri went back to her seat and ran a hand through her hair. Jungkook looked at her with worry. "Juri, are you okay?" He asked, reaching a hand to touch her arm. 

Juri nodded as she put her hand over his. She sighed again. "I just...ugh, she's so annoying!" She ran her hand through her hair again, setting her head down on the table. Jungkook bit his lip before putting his head down next to her. 

"It's going to be okay, Juri. She can't do anything. She just talks big," Jungkook said, trying to reassure her. Juri lifted her head off of the table. She glanced at him and then at the food in front of her. 

"I lost my appetite..." she murmured. Jungkook glanced at her, worriedly. "Okay, let's go buy the shirts now," he said, standing up and grabbing the plates and utensils. Juri helped him by grabbing the water bottles as he put the dishes away.

After putting them down, Jungkook grabbed Juri's hand after she put the water bottles into her bag. Juri looked down at their clasped hands before looking up at Jungkook. 

He smiled at her. "I'm always going to hold your hand like this and be by your side. Don't worry about Minjung. She's nothing compared to us, okay?" Juri smiled back at him and leaned her head against his arm. 

"Thanks, Jungkook...oppa." Jungkook's smile broadened as he squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Let's go get those shirts," he said. 

 


A/N 

ANNYEONG CHINGUS! Sorry for the belated update! I've been really busy this whole week...xD Plus last week we were in Kansas (not sure if i told y'all...hehe). Anyways, next week, I'll be down in Illinois, at another conference, so there probs won't be an update anytime soon...

I'm so busy this month! I sincerely apologize! I promise to update soon! And is anyone here going to KCON? If there is, someone should get Jungkook to say hi or happy birthday for me...TAT KCON STARTS TWO DAYS AFTER MY BIRTHDAAAYY. sodepressed. Not even going to look at any kcon stuff or news anymore. -___-

ANYWAAAYYYSSSS! I hope you guys liked the update! Oooo~ we have some trouble! Haha! Subscribe, comment, upvote! Love you guyyss~~♡♡♡

P.S. 

Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors! I never read over my work...