Chapter 4

Frienemies...or More?

The bus ride had been pretty long and fatigue was starting to creep in on Juri as they walked the rest of the wayhome. She was starting to stumble around and couldn't really walk straight. Finally, she sat down on a bench. 

Jungkook turned around when he didn't hear her footsteps following after him. He turned and walked down the path until he reached the spot where you were sitting with your arm over your eyes.

"Tired?" He asked as he sat next to her. She sighed and sat up straighter, "I'm fine. Let's keep going." Jungkook watched as you slowly walked your way up the hill and he sighed. He felt this little prick in his chest and felt bad. 

Jungkook ran in front of Juri and crouched. She looked down, nearly tripping on him. 

"What are you up to now?" She asked, crossing her arms. 

"Get on." He answered, not looking back. "What makes you think I'll do that?" 

"Just do it while I'm being nice." Juri sighed and got on, reluctantly. 

"I'm heavy, right?" Juri asked after hearing Jungkook grunt. 

"How much weight did you gain in the past couple of years!?" He joked. Juri glared at him and slapped his shoulder, "Yah. You'll never get a girl by saying that." 

"Oh, really? I'm sorry but reality hurts," Jungkook said, snickering. 

"YAH!" she yelled as she started kicking and trying to get off. 

"Woah! Okay, okay! Calm down, ahjumma!" Jungkook said as he almost fell. "Let me down if you're going to continue this way." 

Jungkook sighed in defeat, "Fine. I'll stop." Juri stopped what she was doing and stared at the back of Jungkook's head. "W-What?" 

"I said, I'll stop. Now will you stay still so that it's easier to get up this thing?" 

Juri didn't reply. Usually, Jungkook wouldn't ever agree with her that easily. Hearing no response, Jungkook took that as a 'yes' and continued walking.

They continued to walk in silence until he felt his earphone from his ear disappear.

"What are you listening to? Can I listen too?" Juri said, putting it in her ear even before his response. He rolled his eyes, "Fine. But can you put that one back and grab the other one? I want to listen too." 

Juri nodded and put it back in his ear, "Is it secure?" 

"Yeah, it is." Jungkook then reached for his cell phone to increase the volume a bit. 

(PLAY?) 

"Omo, Jeon Jungkook listens to IU!?" Juri asked, surprised. Jungkook could feel his face get warm, "S-So!? She's a good singer and pretty too!" 

"True...but I thought it would be something more manly..." 

"Tch! IU is manly....all men like her!" Jungkook answered, flustered. 

"Right, right," Juri answered sarcastically. Jungkook adjusted her position on his back and continued to walk up. 

As Juri was listening to the music, she slowly rest her head on Jungkook's shoulder. 

Jungkook slightly turned his head to see hers right next to his and it made him think back to the past, when they were in this same position. 

Flashback

"Can't catch me, Kookie!" A nine year old Juri said, laughing. She continued to run and looked back to see how far Jungkook was, when she ran into something hard. 

She looked up to find the fourth grade bully towering over her. 

"Tsk tsk tsk, who do we have here?" He said. Juri stumbled up and brushed off the dirt on her bottom. 

"I-I didn't mean to bump into you! I'm so sorry!" She said, not looking up. 

The bully scoffed, "You think just an apology will make things better? No one, I repeat, no one just bumps into me." Then he pushed her back, but someone caught her. 

"Yah! What are you doing!?" Jungkook yelled, steadying Juri. Jungkook walked up chest to chest to the bully. 

"Jungkook? Why are you defending this little shrimp?" 

"She's my friend! Now leave her alone!" Jungkook pushed him and grabbed Juri's hand. 

"Let's go, Juri-yah! Forget about him!" He said as he started to pull her along, but then he felt her fall forward with a little yelp. 

Jungkook turned around to see the bully laughing. Seeing him laugh like that made his blood boil. He walked up and punched the bully square in the mouth. Then walked away as the bully was stunned. 

"Juri-yah, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, pulling her up. She let go of her knee and Jungkook saw her huge bloody scrape.

He gasped, "Let's hurry to the nurse!" He crouched down in front of her and urged her on. She hobbled onto his back and winced when he slightly brushed against her wound. 

"Sorry! You'll be fine though. It's okay. I'll make sure to get back at that bully for you." He said, reassuringly. He had to run towards the front of the school, because it would be closer. 

Juri was sniffling as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks. She set her head down on his shoulder as the pain at the moment was inevitable. Jungkook glanced at her, "It's going to be okay, Juri! I know it hurts a lot!" 

End of Flashback

"Is this where you live?" Jungkook asked as they arrived in front of a huge apartment building. Juri lifted her head up, "Yup. This is my place." 

She got down as Jungkook slightly crouched down. She brushed off herself and patted his back, "Erm, thanks for the lift..." 

Jungkook awkwardly rubbed his neck, "Uh, yeah. Sure. Good night!" 

"Good night!" Juri waved and walked inside. She turned around again before entering the elevator and saw him still standing there, looking at the ground. 

She unconsciously smiled to herself and clicked her floor. 


After seeing her walk into the building, Jungkook stayed until she was safely in the elevator. When he looked up, he saw her in the elevator as the doors closed. 

He sighed, "Aish, why am so caring!? We're still enemies!" He messed up his hair in frustration. 

"Why do I care so much and all of this nostalgia!" He stomped his feet in defeat before holding his hand over his heart. 

"Why do I feel like this? Ani, it's nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing!" He said, assuring himself. He nodded, "Yes, Jungkook. Nothing. It means nothing!" 

After reassuring himself that his heart making flip flops was nothing, he walked off home to his place. 


A/N

Heeeyy!! Well, it is Kookie's birthday today(U.S. TIME)!!! YAAAYYYY!!! It's also my little sister's birthday as well. :3 she's so lucky xD But yeah, that's about it. My chapter are rather long, right? I'm sorry. AND THERE WILL BE TAEHEE MOMENTS SOON (ehem, Chanyoua) 

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and reading!! ;) 

Now, shall spam you with pics of Kookie. ♥♥♥

P.S . This chapter was not checked over for any mistakes .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kay. That's enough. :D