Chapter 6

Frienemies...or More?

Jungkook put a hand over his heart in the bathroom and took a huge breath and exhaled.

"Aish, I shouldn't care if he decides to make a move on her, because we're just frienemies!" He rolled against the wall, messing up his hair. 

"Pabo, pabo, pabo!" He said, smacking his head.


Flashback

Jungkook was about to log off of his computer when a notification came up with a message. 

"Hey. I think we should talk." -Dong Min.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow in question and surprise, "Dong Min? Wasn't he the guy Juri doesn't like?" He thought to himself.

"Yo, what's up?" Jungkook replied.

 "I think we should talk about Juri," Dong Min replied a couple of seconds later. 

Jungkook smirked, "This is interesting," he said out loud. 

"What about her?" He replied.

"You know I like her, right?" 

"Yeah. But she rejected you already."

"Yeah, I know."

"So why arent you giving up?" 

"Cuz i like her."

Jungkook's temperature was slowly rising, "But she doesn't like you. Sometimes you have to face the rejection." 

Jungkook typed each word with frustration. He waited for a reply, but after four minutes, there was none. 

He smacked the desk with his hands as he stood up. 

"Aish, that guy needs to understand that Juri doesn't like him and that she'll never get with him!" 

He kept mumbling about it during lunch with his parents and it was constantly on his mind the whole day. Just as he was about to turn off the light to sleep, his mom came into the room.

"Jungkook-ah. What's wrong? You've been mumbling and zoned out this whole day," she said as she sat at the foot of his bed. Jungkook sat up, "I, honestly, don't know, omma. I don't know."

She smiled warmly at him and his head lovingly before tucking him in again as though he were a kid. "I'm sure whatever's on your mind will be solved soon. Don't stress too much about it."

Jungkook nodded and turned over as his mother walked out.

"I hope it does, Omma...."


Juri was walking out of her class when she decided to turn her cell phone on. When she turned it on, she noticed that she had gotten 5 new messages, and two missed calls.

"I wonder if this is urgent..." she murmured to herself. She looked at her messages and calls and found out they were all from Jin.

Hey Juri! I have a favor! - Recieved 1:45PM

Jurrrriiii!! Are you busy? - Received 1:53PM

Yah! This is really really important! - Received 2:15PM

Juri! Juri! Juri! Juri! Juri! ANNSSWWEEERRR MEEEE!! - Received 2:25PM

HEEEYYY JUURRIIII! I'm coming to get you from your school, so don't go anywhere! - Received 2:45PM

Juri chuckled seeing how childish this oppa could be.

"JURRRIIIIIII-YAAHHHHH!"

Juri turned around hearing her name being called by a shrill voice. It, of course, was Dahee. Surprisingly though, V was with her.

They both ran up and hooked arms with her. Juri gave them both questioning looks. "Yah, what's up with you two today?"

"We have to work on a project together!" V replied happily. Dahee nodded along, "Yup! We have to make this invention thingy, so we're hanging out today! Want to join!?"

Juri shook her head, "Um, no, I'm good. I have to go somewhere today..."

Dahee gasped, "ARE YOU GOING ON A DATE!?" V gasped and looked at Juri, "WHHHAAAAAATTTT!? YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE!?"

Juri's mouth hung open. How could they even think of that conclusion?

"Y-Yah! I-"

"Juri's dating someone?"

The three of them whipped their heads to the side as they saw Jungkook and Jin standing there in the lobby. V quickly let go and ran to give Jin a side hug.

"Hyung~! You're here! Wait, why are you here!?"

Jin lightly pushed him away, laughing. "Hi to you too. I came here for someone."

"Is that someone me!? Are you taking me home!?" V asked. Jin gave him a lop-sided grin, "Ani." V pouted and stomped over to Dahee as she gave him a hug.

"Aigoo, our poor V. Let's go and leave these mean people!" Dahee said as they walked out the doors still holding onto each other. The latter stayed and watched them go down the school steps.

FInally, Jin spoke up. "So, what's this about you having a boyfriend?"

Juri glanced at Jungkook before looking at Jin, "It's not true! You know how Dahee is!"

Jin raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly, "Right..."

"Oppa~! It's true! I'm not dating anyone!"

"Wait, you just called him 'oppa'. Do you two know each other?" Jungkook cut in. Juri nodded, "Of course I do! He's dating my unnie. How do you know him?"

"He's a hyung in my dance crew," Jungkook answered. "Dance crew!? You're in oppa's crew!?" Juri said surprised.

Jungkook nodded quickly, "Yeah, and you're hyung's girlfriend's sister!?"

"Yeah! Wae!?" Juri said. Jin looked between the two and sighed. "Okay, okay, kids. Break it up," he said as he slightly pushed them apart. With each phrase they had said, they had gotten closer and closer. Almost chest to chest.

"Hyung! Why didn't you say anything!? You're dating her Junghwa!?" Jungkook asked, surprised. Juri scoffed and crossed her arms defiantly, "Tch, oppa. You didn't tell me you knew this Jungkook."

"Yah!"

"What!?"

"Yah, yah. Calm down, kids. Jungkook, take a chill pill. You too Juri. Now, if you will excuse us, Juri and I have to go somewhere," Jin said as he took Juri and they started to walk out.

"But hyung~!" Jungkook called as they left.

When Jin and Juri got into his car, Jin turned to her. "What's up with you and Jungkook?"

"Hmm? Oh, that. I don't know! We're...frienemies?" After hearing her answer, Jin burst into laughter.

"Frienemies!? Is that what you guys use nowadays!?" Juri pouted and crossed her arms, "I don't know! Jungkook calls it that!" 

Jin shook his head, "Aigoo, of course our maknae would." 

"Oh! Oppa! You never told me you were in a dance crew!?" 

Jin side glanced at her and nodded, "Yup, I am. We produce some music too! We're kind of an underground group." 

"...but unnie said you two met at a coffee shop!?" Juri asked, confused. 

"Yeah, we did. We were performing there! Gosh, I remember that day as if it were yesterday..." he trailed off. Juri gagged and looked out the windows. Surprisingly, they were at the mall. 

"Oppa, what are we doing here?" Juri asked as he parked. 

Once they were fully stopped, Jin turned to her with a serious expression. 

"Juri-yah. You know Junghwa and I have been dating for three years, right?" Juri nodded along, signalling for Jin to continue. 

"Well, I've been thinking of the future lately...and I see her as a part of it. A major part of it...so, I was going to ask her to marry me. That's why you're here today!" 

Juri sat there with wide open. 

Jin. Did he just? No way. He was going to ask Junghwa to marry him. No. Freaking. Way.

"KYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OPPA! CHUKAHAAAEE! OMO, OMOMO!" Juri said as she started to spazz around. 

Jin laughed at her reaction and waited until she was calm to continue. 

"Yeah, I know! I already talked to your parents too. Anyways, you're here to help me choose a ring! I brought the ring your mom gave her, so I know the size. Also, I need your help with how I'm going to propose!" 

"Really!? I feel so honored!" 

"Of course! You were one of the first people to accept me easily!" 

"Haha! That's right! When you first came home, you were still wearing your performance clothes, so appa thought you were a gangster!" Juri said as she opened the car door. 

Jin sighed, "I thought I would never be able to go out with your unnie again!" 

"But you did! Waah, three years...three years..." Juri said as they entered the mall. They continued to chat about school and dance until they reached the jewelry department. 

"Hello, welcome! Is there anything I can help you two with today?" A saleswoman said as she came up. 

"Ah, yes! We're looking for rings!" Jin said. "Oh! That's wonderful! Are you two getting married?" 

"Oh, no! My unnie is. Not me!" Juri said, waving her arms in front of her. 

"Ah, neh. Well, come this way! We have many rings to choose from." 

Jin and Juri followed the saleswoman to the glass cases full of jewelry. "Is there anything you have in mind?"

"Umm...well, Junghwa's pretty girly...but she doesn't like things that are too sparkly...something simple, but very beautiful maybe?" Jin answered her, looking down at all the rings. 

But then one of them caught his and Juri's eyes. They both looked up at each other at the same time. 

"We want that one! That one's perfect!" Juri exclaimed. 

"Yes, that one please!" Jin said, just as excitedly. Juri started to jump up and down in excitement, "Omo! She's going to love it!" Then she squealed again. 

After a while, the saleswoman came back with everything and Jin paid right at the counter. Then they both walked out and got some snacks as they started to brainstorm ideas for Jin's proposal. 

"Hmm...nah, let's not do that one. It's a bit obvious..." Juri said as they sat down in a little cafe in the the mall. 

"Well, how about a visit to the coffee shop where we met?" 

"Oh! That's great! Why didn't we think of that sooner?" Juri said, laughing. 

Jin smiled, "Totally! We wouldn't have taken so long here too."

"Haha, that's right. I have homework too..." Juri pouted. Jin took her backpack and slid it over to him. 

"Here, Oppa will help!" Jin said as he took out her folder and textbooks. 


A/N 

Heeeeyyy! Sorry I took forever in updating! School has been giving me lots of homework and I've been working on my other stories. Also, maybe, a tiny bit of writers block. But I updated! I'll try to update again soon. Only a three day week this week!! :D Oh, I've also been catching up on my dramas...xD 

P.S. 

This chapter was not looked over for any mistakes.