Chapter 3

Frienemies...or More?

Jungkook continued to pull Juri along even though they were already out of the building. 

"Jungkook! You can let me go now! It's not like I'll run back!" Juri complained. Jungkook glanced back at her and slightly loosened his grip on her wrist but didn't let go. 

"Just to be safe," he said. Juri's mouth dropped and started pulling away. 

"Let go! Or else I'll scream!" She threatened. Jungkook smirked and finally stopped. Then he turned around to face her. 

"Scream? Fine. Go ahead." Juri's eyes widened and opened to scream.

Then Jungkook put his hands on and brought his face close to hers. 

"I was kidding. Chill!" He said, chuckling. Juri pushed his arm away and stomped off ahead. 

"Hey! I'm sorry!" Jungkook called after her. Juri continued to walk ahead when she got a text from Dahee. 

Juri! When are you two coming back? If you guys haven't gotten anything yet and aren't back, we'll just go and get it ourselves. Have fun!! ;)

- Dahee♥

As she was reading the message, she didn't notice the light change to no walking. Just as she was about to step down, she got pulled back into someone's chest. 

She could feel the person breathe heavily and felt the rush of the wind on her face from the semi-truck that just passed by, honking. 

"You idiot! Why don't you ever look where you step!? You could have gotten killed!" 

Juri looked up to see Jungkook holding her shoulders tightly with wide eyes. 

"Don't you know how to read the sign!? It clearly said DON'T WALK!" He said, squeezing her shoulder tightly 

"Why won't you answer!?" He said, shaking her with each word. Juri pushed his arms away. 

"I am perfectly fine now. Calm down!" I said, patting his arm. 

Then she pointed at the sign, "Now it says walk, Jungkook. Are you coming or not?" 

Jungkook sighed and ran his hand through his hair in frustration and walked in front of her until they reached a café.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you earlier, but Dahee texted me earlier saying that we don't need to grab anything for them, because they were going to get it themselves." Juri said as they stood in line to order. 

Jungkook nodded as he looked up at the menu they had. 

"Um, I'll have a strawberry and banana smoothie." 

Juri glanced at the girl behind the counter and noticed that the position she was in gave any person in front of her a good look of her cleavage. Juri mentally cringed. 

"Alrighty! Anything else you would want? Anything I could do for you?" she asked Jungkook sweetly. Juri rolled her eyes at her voice and crossed her arms in annoyance. 

"Oh, yeah! Yeobo," Jungkook turned around, "what would you like?" 

Juri's eyes widened in surprise and she pointed at herself, "Me?" Jungkook rolled his eyes and mouthed to her, 'Help?' 

Juri lightly chuckled and played along. She went closer to Jungkook and circled her arm around his. Then she leaned her head on his shoulder, "I'll just have the mango and orange smoothie, thank you."

The girl stood up surprised, "U-Uh, y-yeah. Just come pick it up later when you get called." 

"Thank you." Juri answered and right before she left, she  gave the girl a little glare. 

"Come on, yeobo!" Jungkook said, pinching Juri's cheek. She winced a bit in pain as he stifled his laugh. Juri glared at him, and pinched his cheek even harder, not letting go. 

"Arasso, oppa!" She said through gritted teeth. Jungkook winced, "Ah! Ah! It hurts!" Once they turned the corner, Juri let go and pushed him away. 

Jungkook stumbled by the sudden push, "Yah! What was that for!?" 

"For pinching me on the cheek! You owe me though!" Juri said as she sat down next to the window. Jungkook followed, rubbing his cheek.

"Owe you? For what?" Jungkook asked as he sat down. Juri rolled her eyes.

"Y'know, her," Juri motioned towards the girl at the counter as she was trying to get another guy.

Jungkook turned his head and cringed, "So not my type, but fine. I owe you, but you owe me for saving your life earlier and for buying your drink!" 

"Tch! No, I don't!" 

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't!" 

"Yes, you do!" 

"No, I-" 

"One strawberry banana smoothie and one mango and orange smoothie!" 

Juri and Jungkook looked up, "I'll grab it," Juri said, standing up. 

"No, I will...yeobo," Jungkook said as he stood up winking. Juri gagged and stared out the window as she waited for him to come back. The sky had begun to darken and the color was pink and orange.

Juri sighed, and put her head on her palm. 'I wonder how Dahee and V are doing...I hope they're doing alright. Maybe I should have stayed behind to help?...Nah, Jungkook's right. I should give them space.'

Click Click

Juri snapped her head to face the sound, Jungkook had already arrived, staring at his phone, laughing to himself. 

"Yah, what are you doing?" Juri asked, eyeing him. He looked up at her but laughed again. Juri looked down at the drinks for hers but couldn't see it. 

"Hey, where's m-YAH! That's my drink!" Juri yelled, snatching it from Jungkook. He had been sipping from it so much that it was already half way done, same for the strawberry and banana. 

Jungkook bursted into laughter and clutched his stomach. 

"Take it as repayment!" he said in between laughs. "You should've seen your face!" He sighed once he had himself together. 

Juri rolled her eyes and sat there staring at him. 

"What?" He said, sipping from his strawberry smoothie, "You're not going to drink that?" 

Juri looked at her half-done drink in disdain.

"I am so not drinking from something you drank from, idiot." Jungkook gave her a lop-sided grin.

"Oh, really? Because I remember that time that you ate some of my perfect attendance ice cream back in middle school. You didn't seem phased." 

Juri's mouth opened in surprise; how did he remember!? 

"Y-Yah! I was just really craving some ice cream, okay! Plus you only took one bite and I ate the other side!" 

Jungkook scoffed, "Right, right," he said sarcastically. Juri pouted and leaned back on her seat in defeat. Jungkook happily sipped on his smoothie and occasionally looked up at her. 

Then he heard her gasp out loud. He looked up to see her hiding her face with her hair and turned away from the window. 

"Wae? What's wrong?" Jungkook said, looking around. Juri slightly turned her head, still avoiding the window. 

"Kim Dong Min!" She whispered and her eyes motioned to the window. Jungkook turned to look out and sure enough, Dong Min was there with his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend. 

Jungkook looked at Juri then at Dong Min, then back to Juri and a smile slowly crossed his lips. Just as he was  turning to the window to get their attention, Ah Ri, Dong Min's best friend's girlfriend had already seen him and was waving wildly and smiling brightly. 

Jungkook stopped and greeted back. He then motioned them to come in. Juri had seen his hand motions and then she felt Jungkook poking her shoulder. 

"Pabo, greet our company!" Juri looked up and outside and saw Ah Ri still waving brightly. Juri smiled awkwardly but waved nonetheless. She then saw Ah Ri drag her boyfriend, Jae Hoon and Dong Min in. Juri followed their every movement as they made their way in. 

As they were still ordering, Juri slammed her head on the table. "Why, why, why!?" Then she jerked her head up to look at Jungkook. 

"You are so dead after this." She threatened him. Jungkook shrugged and reached for her smoothie, but she pulled it away. 

"No. I'm going to drink this." Jungkook raised his eyebrow at her, "So now you want to?" 

Juri nodded and took off the cap and straw, "There we go! I was getting thirsty too." 

She finally took a refeshing sip just as the three people came up to their table. 

"Juri-yah! So nice to see you!" Ah Ri greeted, enthusiastically. Then she gave Juri a huge hug as she stood up to greet them as well. 

"Hi, Ah Ri! It'a nice to meet you too! And you Jae Hoon, Dong Min." Each of the boys greeted her and Jungkook. 

"Why don't we all sit?" Jungkook suggested. They started to sit and Jae Hoon slightly pushed Dong Min over to Juri's side. Dong Min was about to sit next to her when Jungkook's arm went in front of him, "Sorry! My spot." 

He scooted in with Juri as she looked at him shocked. Dong Min awkwardly stood there for a second before sitting on Ah Ri and Jae Hoon's side. 

"So, what brings you three here?" Jungkook said, unphased. 

"We were actually on a date when we saw Dong Min at a gift shop, so we decided to just hang out with each other." Ah Ri answered. 

"Yeah, we were going to call Juri and ask her to come along too, but I guess you were busy, right?" Jae Hoon asked, turning to her. Juri nodded, "Uh yeah, we had practice." 

"We? So, you two dance together?" Dong Min asked suddenly. Jungkook nodded, "Yup. We do. As a matter of fact, we've known each other ever since we were little tots too," he said, swinging his arms over Juri's shoulders. Juri's eyes widened at the sudden contact but nodded, "Yeah, he's right." 

"Oooo~! You never told me that, Juri-yah! It must be great to finally meet each other again! Y'know, that would be a perfect love story!" Ah Ri said, clasping her hands together. 

Juri and Jungkook choked on their drinks. 

"W-WHAT!?" They both chorused. Juri continued to cough as Jungkook cleared his throat, "Me? Her? I only like teasing her..." 

Ah Ri snapped her fingers, "Exactly! It starts from a love-hate relationship but you slowly grow fond of each other!" 

"Uh, yeobo, I think you've watched to many dramas," Jae Hoon said, patting her hand. "Have I? Hmm, I guess so..." 

"And, uh..." Jae Hoon bent down to whisper into her ear and her eyes widened. Then she turned to Dong Min, "Oh! Mianhe! I totally forgot! I was in my k-drama mode." 

Dong Min shook his arms in front of him, "W-What? Nah, what's there to be sorry for?" 

"Well, don't you...y'know, like her?" Ah Ri whispered. But everyone had heard. Which started Juri on another fit of coughs since she choked on her drink again. 

Jae Hoon sighed, "Yeobo, you just made it worse." 

Ah Ri sat up straight, "Did I!? Oh, mianhe! Pretend you didn't hear anything!" She said, hands clasped, staring at Juri. Jungkook watched amusedly as Juri looked up with wide doe eyes, "E-Eh?" 

"Good!" Ah Ri said. Juri turned her attention towards Jungkook as she heard him chuckle quietly. Jungkook looked up and smiled cheekily at her. 

"Actually, Jungkook and Juri, we should get going. It's already pretty late and Ah Ri's parents don't like it when she goes past her curfew, so we'll be leaving now." Jae Hoon said as he stood up. 

"That's right...oh well, I'll see you two at school!" Ah Ri said as she waved them goodbye. 

"Good bye...Juri-yah." Dong Min said, awkwardly. Juri lightly smiled and nodded her head. Then she gave him a little wave, "Annyeong!" 

After they were gone, Jungkook bursted into laughter. 

"That guy totally likes you! He was staring at you the whole time!" He said, laughing. Juri pouted, "I don't like him though!" 

"I know! You should be happy you didn't have to sit next to him." 

"That's true...aish, that was so awkward!" Juri said, shivering. 

"I hope we don't meet them again!" She said, as she stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked, seeing her walking away. He quickly ran to catch up to her. 

She turned around after throwing her cup away. "Leaving, obviously. It's late. My mom is probably starting to worry. It's already 9PM!" 

Jungkook looked at his watch and sure enough, it was already 9:04. "Aish, fine." He said, swiftly throwing his cup in the trash bin before following Juri out. Juri walked over to the nearest bus stop and waited for the bus. Jungkook silently stood next to her, observing her as she rocked on her heels. 

'She's definitely changed...usually by now, she would be crying for having to have to ride the bus by herself.' Jungkook smiled to himself thinking of how a seven year old Juri would have handled the situation. 

When the bus arrived, they both got on silently and they sat down next to each other. 

Juri looked at Jungkook as he plopped down next to her. She raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing?" 

"Sitting next to you, obviously," he answered. "Who said I wanted you to sit next to me?" She asked him. Jungkook gasped dramatically. 

"What!? You don't want to sit with me!? Jeon Jungkook!? You're all time frienemy!?" He clutched his chest and leaned on Juri. 

"You hurt my feelings and broke my heart!" He said. Juri looked at him like he had gone mad, "Yah! Why are you being so weird? And frenemy!? Nobody really uses that word anymore!" She said as she pushed his head away. 

Jungkook pouted, "But I do! And it perfectly describes our situation!" Juri rolled her eyes, "You can be so childish sometimes..." she whispered as she turned her body towards the window. 

"I heard that!" Jungkook said out loud as he inserted his earphones into his cell phone. Juri lightly smiled at his comment.