Chapter twentyfive

Limee Entertainment [SEQUEL]

"The boss seems to be pushing I.Rise really hard since you get a back to back promotions which is quite unusual for newbies." Junho raised his eyebrows while lost in thoughts. "It's hard to believe he's already done planning the album." 

You all sat around your kitchen table in I.Rise's dorm, discussing the future schedules. 

"We are one of the more popular rookies right now I guess he's trying to maintain that spot for us." Eunjae pointed out. 

"Well we've rested enough and the album came earlier than anticipated. It's only been a few weeks since we last concluded our promotions and even though he said we would get an album around the middle of summer, summer has only started. I think it's a good idea to start with it earlier." Emery said while scanning her French manicured nails. 

"Maybe he's aiming for us to receive a rookie award at the year-end awards." You said with a smile. Excited to start promotions again. 

"Grandma, just wait and watch me win lots of awards at the year-end festivals." You thought and became bubbly thinking how your grandma would react if she saw you winning an award with I.Rise. It would definitely be a sight to behold. 

"Is it a full album?" Heeyoung asked.

Junho shook his head, "I think they will promote you guys the same way they did with INFINITE. Starting with an EP." 

It got quiet and excitement filled the air. 

 

Your very first album. 

 

No matter if it failed or not, it would always be remembered as a dear piece of your carriers in your hearts. Something that will always make you remember the start of your journey together. The debut stage marked the start of your carriers but the first album feels more like the real start of your long and awaited journey together towards your dreams. 

The road has been blurry and for a while you lost sight of your goal. You lost sight of something you've dreamed of for so long and you lost sight of the thing that would make your grandma the happiest. 

 

Finally the fog has cleared and your goal has never been as clear as it is now. 

 

You looked at your teammates, I.Rise. 

 

"We're going to become the best of our generation." 

 

 

 

The following days and weeks you all practiced hard. You all spent most of your time in the practice room and the studio. It was difficult and sometimes the road became bumpy, but you never lost sight of your goal. This time there wasn't any fog that hindered you from seeing your goal, the bumpy part of the road would soon be over if you just continued forward. Therefore there was nothing to worry about. 

"Sora you're too fast, listen to the beats and match us. Heeyoung you're too slow, have you already forgotten the steps?" Eunjae yelled at everyone in the practice room. 

The room was as hot as the Sahara desert and the air conditioner was broken today. Everyone were sweating like crazy yet you didn't have time to rest. 

You could almost feel your soul leaving you, it was just too hot. 

Everyone were standing up as Eunjae paused in the middle of the song and began yelling at everyone things to fix. 

You really wanted to sit down but if you did, you weren't sure if you would ever be able to stand up again. 

So you closed your eyes and imagined the audience in front of you, cheering loudly at you and your members next to you. 

Before getting too carried away you opened your eyes again and felt as if you had just rested for hours. 

Eunjae went to turn on the music again and you felt so much more alive and ready to take on the stage when all the preparations were done. 

 

"Please wait for us, we won't let you down!" 

 

 

 

"Sora this is the fifth time, you're singing it wrong!" Hani, the vocal coach frowned in the studio as she looked at you. 

You were really testing her patience. 

But the part you were singing was actually really difficult. You went from a low note to a high one in a short period of time.

"It should sound like this" Hani said and then she sang it. "And the time I've been waiting for so long is finally hereeee" 

You listened for like the 20th time and really focused on the way she hit the notes. 

"You're not really hitting the "here" part, I know it's difficult but we're looking for improvement so we're trying to challenge you the whole time." She pulled her chestnut brown hair back into a ponytail before letting it go again. It was really hot in the studio despite the air conditioner. 

Hani was a beautiful woman in her thirties whose beauty rivaled even some of the prettiest idols despite her age. She was married to one of the higher ups and had two small children around five and two years old. Despite her sweet face she was really the opposite in the studio while coaching - harsh, a perfectionist and stubborn. She always strived for perfection and improvement from everyone, which in turn rubbed off on the idols who practiced hard.  

When seeing such a beautiful face one would expect her to smile innocently, but all she wore in the studio was a devilish smile and a strict face. 

"Try again." She demanded. 

You repeated the melody in your head before trying for it again. "And the time I've been waiting for so long is finally heree-"

"No, higher and more power! You're building up the song before it reaches it's chorus, Give it more power!" She gesticulated for you to draw strength from your lungs. 

"She's not hitting the right note either..." Emery pointed out from next to you. 

"Of course she's not but we have to fix this first!" Hani said. 

Your confidence took a big hit. 

But what could you have expected from Emery, at least not comforting words. 

"I think the problem is that you're afraid that you'll go too high when hitting that note that you decide to not prepare your voice so you can properly hit it." Heeyoung said with a smile. "Don't be afraid, you must be confident to be able to hit it or else your voice will crack if you're insecure." 

You thought about her words and nodded. 

It was actually true. 

You were afraid you would go too high and therefore you toned down your voice before trying to hit that note resulting in not hitting it. You were also scared at the part before if you could hit it or not. 

"Try to sing it without thinking about how to hit it before. Just remember the note in your head and have a free mind while singing, don't think too much." Heeyoung encouraged. 

"Don't forget about giving it more power!" Hani added. 

You nodded and closed your eyes, "Don't think too much, don't think too much.." 

You took a deep breath, opened your eyes and sang. 

"And the time I've been waiting for so long is finally hereeee" 

"Oh Sora that was a huge improvement!!" Eunjae gave you two thumbs up. 

You turned to Hani, hopeful. 

She shook her head, "You were around half a note wrong but yes it's clearly improvement. I expect you to hit it perfectly next time." Then she flashed a small smile. 

You felt all bubbly of happiness inside since you've struggled for so long.

"Well then," She turned to the rest.

"Don't think I missed your false notes." 

Heeyoung, Eunjae and Hana straightened up. 

"Heeyoung what was that false chorus I heard? Couldn't even recognize the song for a second. Hana, why are you struggling so much? Don't sing with your throat, use your stomach for support! And for god sake Eunjae your vibrato is terrible! You really have to practice on that one." 

They all let out a painful smile saying they were in for some real tough lessons with Hani. 

You couldn't help but smile since it was true, but at least you had each other. Struggling through the same pain in order to reach the same dream.

You're all in this together after all. 

 

 

 

Days and weeks passed by while you all struggled to make the perfect album and comeback.  

You were now in the last stage of preparations, everything was almost completed. Few things remained and you were all looking forward to your comeback in around a week.

 

 

 

HALON 

BREAKING NEWS

I.Rises's Sora is rumored to have entered Limee Entertainment by special treatment - a scholarship, skipping all the auditions and going directly to enrollment. As well known, the procedure to enroll into Limee ent. and it's academy, one is required to go through around five different auditions. The standards are very high and only the best get to enter and become a trainee. The chance of getting in is around 2%. 

Insiders point out that it may be because she is rumored to be the daughter of  Lee Hyunwon and Lee Kahri​.

Limee entertainment's rep has yet to comment on these rumors. 

 

Comments: 

 

This is daebak!! How will I.Rise survive this scandal?? Just when Sora had been on a break, what does she take everyone for? Acting like a princess thinking she owns the world? I have no pity for her. 

 

Just when they debuted. How dare she step on all the hard work people went through to enter that academy, untalented piece of trash. 

 

I really cannot believe this!!! Korea's goddess and one of the most talented entertainers and music producers had a CHILD?? This is HUGE news!! 

 

I'm speechless. Two of Korea's most beloved entertainers had a child. This must be the news of the year. 

 

How could those two give birth to such trash? Must be rumors. 

 

We don't even know the details, stop judging.

 

Ah... I really miss those two. While watching their old performances I cannot help but cry, such talented people. Too bad they died at such a young age, RIP. I will continue supporting you two through your daughter if she really is your child. 

 

HAHAHA! It's over for I.Rise, how will they get out of this scandal? 

 

 

Haa.. I've been really bad at updating this year.. At least I managed to squeeze in one more chapter before the year ends. :') I'll really try harder next year!

H A P P Y   N E W   Y E A R   E V E R Y O N E  ! 

Thank you for your support this year, looking forward to a great year! :)