Chapter fifteen

Limee Entertainment [SEQUEL]

"Hello everyone ~ Welcome to today's Shimshimtapa with me, Shindong! And today with us, we have - I.RISE!!!" 

You were all clapping your hands. "Annyeong haseyo, we're the new rising stars, I.rise!!" Eunjae introduced you all with a cheerful voice. 

You were sitting around a table with microphones in front of you to talk into. 

"This is your first time on a variety show although this is only a radio show, please introduce yourselves!" 

"Neh, anneyong haseyo I'm the leader Eunjae!" She bowed to the camera with a smile. 

Next was your turn. You were actually really nervous in the morning since this was your first variety show, but it was a radio show so you became a little calmer. A little. It was still a camera here but it didn't film you from many different angles.

The make up artist had also needed extra time to cover your puffy eyes since yeah.. you cried the day before. At least it felt a little better to let it out but you were so tired right now, five hours of sleep didn't feel enough but in the future you would probably get even less. 

"Neh, anneyong haseyo I'm the main dancer, Sora!" You greeted as happily as you could despite how tired you were and waved to the camera. 

"Oh, Sora" Shindong began. 

"Neh." 

"I heard you had performed on music bank once before your debut" 

"Neh, that's true. I was covering Exo's Mama with other trainees since it was a special episode." 

"Woah.. that's actually something big to be chosen to be in such a lineup!" Shindong said, impressed. 

"Oh, noo actually-" You laughed. It sounded really funny how impressed he was. "Well we did have auditions to choose the ones who were best fit but I also think maybe it was based on luck." 

"Don't be shy, in this industry everything is about hard work, barely someone come this far by just pure luck." 

"Oh, then I guess that I must have been one of the best trainees they got, a good investment." 

Shindong laughed. 

"Aish really... well then to the next one!" He turned to Emery. 

"Neh, anneyong haseyo I'm Emery the main rapper!" 

"OOhh... she really has that dark voice who's suited for rappers." Shindong said and was gaping. 

"OOhh... she really has that dark voice who's suited for rappers." Emery copied his voice and it sounded almost completely the same. 

"Woah!! That was amazing, almost the same!!" Shindong said with an impressed gaze. 

"Woah I didn't know you could do that!!" You blurted making everyone laugh. 

"Yah, what're you saying were supposed to know each other really well!" Eunjae laughed and slapped you on your shoulder. 

"Then we know which ones not close with each other!" Shindong said and laughed. 

"Ah no, I just thought it was really amazing that I just blurted what I thought" You said with a weak smile. 

"On to the next one." Shindong said with a big smile.

"Neh, anneyong haseyo I'm Heeyoung the main vocalist!" 

"Oooh she really has such a soft voice!" 

"Oh actually.." Eunjae began. "When I was brushing my teeth today and then I heard Heeyoung call my name from behind, It's not that I don't know that it's her but instinctively I look down and expects to see a small girl" 

You laughed since that's what you've done too. Her voice really is so girly and cute.

"Oh so whenever you're in a crowded place and you hear her voice you would just look for a girl around the age as those in kindergarten, right?" Shindong said and laughed. 

"But at least my voice sounds like a woman's when I sing" Heeyoung said. 

"It would be fun if you sounded like an ajumma!!" Shindong said and everyone burst out to laughter. 

"Ah.. you guys are really something.." Shindong said as he wiped a tear he got from laughing so much. "Now the last member." 

"Neh, anneyong haseyo, I'm Hana, the lead vocalist!" Hana beamed. 

"You really have a bright smile and a very beautiful eye smile!" 

"Yes I've heard that many times-" 

"Are you saying I'm just one in the crowd of your admirers?" Shindong said with a shocked face. 

"Ah- that's not what I-" She said and laughed. 

"Why is sunbae only praising her?" You asked him. 

"Didn't I say that you were a piggy bank worth investing money in?" 

You all burst out laughing. 

"How can you say that a piggy bank and a beautiful smile is the same praise!?" Heeyoung said with a faked shocked face. 

"Yah who invited a kindergartner!?" Shindong shouted and started to look around with a lowered head. 

You burst out laughing and Heeyoung just sat there and sulked. 

 

"I had a lot of fun during I.Rise's first radio show and I hope you listeners thought the same! I wish you good luck on your future!" Shindong said with a bright voice. 

"Neh, thank you so much Sunbae-nim, we also had really fun and this sunbae-nim took really good care of us, we would also want to thank the staffs who worked hard with this broadcast and of course you listeners, please support us, kamsahamnida ~" Eunjae ended with a bright and cheerful voice. 

 

"Hey you" 

You turned around. 

I.rise were now walking through the parking lot to the car for their next destination. It was early morning and you all were still very tired from a night with not many hours of sleep. 

Emery walked behind you and you stopped until she caught up. 

"I don't know what happened between you and that Infinite guy but you have to remember to put on a smile no matter how hurt you are inside. The audience doesn't care about your own feelings, you're here to entertain them, not ask for their pity." 

Emery sure was straight forward but you couldn't get mad at her,even though you felt angry you knew that she was right. 

"I know." You said and turned around. 

You thought that you had done a good job on Shimshimtapa compared to her, she wasn't talking that much. But if you really thought about it, Emery's image would probably be the cool type, the one who doesn't talk much but has that really cool vibe. 

"Ugh."

 

 


 

 

Next was a small interview to let the audience get to know you a little better. Junho made you all almost arrive late as he hadn't really gotten the hang of how to be a manager. 

 

The interview was held at a small room with chair for three of you and two had to stand behind. To the right side was a chair for the mc. There were a lot of cameras and you suddenly got nervous. 

"Come on Sora, you've practiced with cameras a million times in Limee academy, this is the same thing." 

You, Eunjae and Emery sat down while Hana and Heeyoung stood behind you. 

In front of you were camera men and the director and all his staff. Despite the short interview, behind the scenes are there many people working hard to make it work. 

Two make up artist came up to all of you and touched up your make up. In the morning you had gone to a salon to fix your make up and hair. You were amazed at how many things had to be fixed before you were ready to go. 

When they all finished your make up, the director waved to someone in the crowd of people behind the cameras and a woman in her thirties popped out. She quickly took a seat while a hand followed her from the crowd with hairspray and got to her, fixed her hair in two seconds and then left. 

Everything worked in such a fast speed.

"Annyeong! I'm sitting here with one of the newest rookies of this year, I.rise!!" She chirped to the camera. 

You weren't ready for that and straightened your back immediately and got blended by a strong light at the same time. The one fixing the lights recognized it and quickly turned it away. 

Eunjae held the microphone while she sat in the middle. "Annyeong haseyo we're the new rising stars-" 

"I.RISE!!!" You all filled in after with big smiles and bowed. Besides Emery who only twitched her lips a little. 

"You just had your debut with your song "Stronger", please tell the viewers what the song is about?" 

"Neh," Eunjae said as she looked into the camera. "It's a song about always getting stronger and never let anyone take that strength away from you.  Even if it's hard right now you have to believe that you can overcome it a become stronger." 

"Woaaah it has a really good message.." The mc said and gaped in awe. Everyone would always exaggerate on tv. "The choreography really isn't a joke either but you all make it seem so easy, really talented... please tell us about your dance." 

Eunjae gave the mic to you and you got a little shocked. 

"Ah, neh," You answered and your mind turned blank. "Our dance..." 

It got quiet for a few seconds and everyone looked at you. Eunjae gave you an encouraging glance. 

"It's fast to match the beat of the song.." You said. "Come on brain, work it!!" 

"And also since we have this cool and a little y concept we d-decided to have a fast and cool dance to really match with the concept." 

"Oh I see, it's really amazing, I was so awed the first time I saw it!" The mc said with a bright smile like she didn't hear when you stuttered and paused. 

You didn't even remember what you just said. "Aish.." 

"Well then, let's get to some questions that your fans have sent in." She said and started to search for the right paper in the stack in her hand. 

You were shocked at the word "fan". "Do we already have fans even thought it's only been a few days since debut?" Coming from a big entertainment sure made you a lot more famous than other rookies from smaller companies. Limee made the audience anticipate I.rise since they promoted you so much with teasers and such. 

"Ok, first question!" The mc said as she looked down to read it. "I've heard that Emery has lived in the States, is that true?"

You raised your eyebrows. "She has?" Emery sure was a mysterious person since you didn't know much about her, or more like, you didn't ask. 

You gave her the mic.

"Neh, that's actually true. My family moved to the States when I was around two years old and then I went to a global audition and won the whole competition which ended up with me moving back to Korea." 

"That's really impressive!" And you nodded. It sure is. 

"So you're now alone here without your family?" 

"What?" 

"Yes, my family couldn't come with me but they were happy since I still got a room, food and could go to school so they weren't too worried about me." Emery didn't smile during the time she spoke. 

You looked at her. "Maybe we're more alike than I thought..." Then it hit you. 

The reason Emery was a little cold the first time you grandma said that she would be living with you all was because she was... jealous? Because more than anything she would have wanted to have someone in her family in her dorm but instead you got one. 

It made you feel guilty for thinking that she was rude the first time your grandma entered the dorm because you too would have felt some jealousy because someone else got to see their family in their dorm every day and eat their homemade food. 

"That means that Emery-shi is very good at english, it's always good to have an english speaking member in the group!" The mc beamed. 

"I'm good at english too..." You thought since your grandma had taught you a lot. 

"Well then, the next question is for Sora-shi," 

Emery passed the mic to you. 

"Who taught you to dance because you're really talented" 

"Uh..." You thought about it. "Well in my house was the radio always on and it's been like that since I was little and my grandma had told me that I liked to move to the music since I was really small." 

The mc nodded as she listened. 

"So when I got older I practiced more just at home by moving to the music and I've taken ballet classes for about a year but I guess I've actually only practiced at home by the computer.."

"Really impressive that you've become this good by practicing by yourself." 

"Thank you." You bowed. 

The interview continued a few minutes more before it ended with Heeyoung singing Take a bow by Rihanna. You almost fell off your chair, she was amazing.

 

 

30jpe1f.jpg

119te2p.jpg

 

2i7pc7n.jpg

Oh and also check out my latest one-shot if you'd like hoho --> huehuehuehuehue