Chapter 8

Mixed Feelings- kai

Sigh. You stretched your arms out in front of you with your fingers interlocked with each other. You gave out a wide yawn. When you opened your eyes, you saw Sehun doing the exact same thing but he stretched his arms upwards to the ceiling. When you both caught each other's gaze, you both let out a silent chuckle, the similar gesture sparking closeness of some sort.

" _____- noona, have you finished studying?" Sehun asked. You nodded. You saw his face turn solemn but then sparked with excitement. He let out a big smile and his eyes showed a little mischief. You eyed him and crossed your arms together, a small frown appearing on your face.

"What is it Sehun?" You knew that he wanted something. He saw the annoyance in your face and your stance showed that you weren't really happy. You seemed a little tired too. He contemplated and then his body slopped. He let out a small sigh.
"Oh, never mind." He said quietly. He turned away from you and stared back at the laptop screen uncomfortably. You were a bit surprised, one second he was all joyful, the next, his face went all gloomy. You felt a bit bad for snapping at him and wondered if he was alright.
He spread his legs out a bit more and kept looking at the screen, avoiding to turn back and look to you. You felt concerned and got off the sofa and went to sit next to him, wanting to know what was wrong. Chanyeol already left and so the space on the floor was perfect enough to fit you next to Sehun and the sofa. 

"Are you OK?" You asked. You crossed your legs and moved closer to Sehun. Sehun stiffened feeling how close you were but he ignored you. There was silence and you felt worried.
"Sehun-ah." You placed your hand atop his shoulders and squeezed it. He just shrugged you off.
"It's nothing, I'm fine."
"No, you're not. Tell me." He looked to you and seeing how persistent you were, he was happy that you were concerned for him. He felt his insides warming up and looked towards you. Your eyebrows were creased and you looked a bit sad. Now, he felt really bad for making you worry. It was only a small request but he didn't want to bother you that much since you seemed tired and annoyed.

"I was just gonna ask if you could help me with this subject, I'm kind of lost." he said meekly. You softened when you heard that. He must've been struggling for awhile and was happy to ask you. You felt bad now that you were a bit harsh to him.
"Of course I'll help. Here, let me take a look." You nudged Sehun aside and read the screen. You then started helping him through history.
It seemed a bit harder than your work but you tried to help him as much as you could. 

As you read silently, focusing on the screen, Sehun noticed the closeness between you both. He turned to look at you. Your features were really beautiful up close. They were perfect. Your body shifted from your soft breathing and the way your eyelashes flittered every time you blink made him scour butterflies in his tummy. He never noticed these things about you until now. You flawless skin, so pale and shiny. The light reflecting off the tip of your small, pointy nose, your face at a side angle was the perfect proportion, your jawline sticking out when you were concentrating hard. He felt his insides hype up, he knew what they were and he couldn't stop himself. He moved closer, just slightly, still admiring your features. You were still focusing on the screen and thinking hard about the question, you didn't realise that Sehun was so close to you. Ony when you felt a breath radaiating onto your shoulders, the sudden change of air made you shiver, you turned to see Sehun right in front of your face. Your body froze; you had no idea what to do. It seemed as though your gazes couldn't be broken, Sehun's globes of eyes were too drawing. They litereally you in. It felt as though he was looking right into your soul and you felt your tummy do a small flip. There was a warm atmosphere, not awkward because you have been in these situations a few times now and you couldn't look away.

You stopped when Luhan snapped his book shut and you both were shocked. You snapped your head to his direction to see him grumpily get off the couch and walked away upstairs. You were a little confused but you kind of knew why he was being like that. He was jealous. You figured that he was watching you and Sehun, well Sehun mostly and he probably didn't like the closeness between you both, especially since himself and Sehun weren't on really good terms at the moment. 

Sehun sighed which made you turn to his direction. You saw him get up and slouched a bit.
"I need to go talk to him" and he scurried out of the living room, leaving you alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN LUHAN AND SEHUN'S ROOM /  NO ONE'S POV:

Sehun pressed down on the door handle and silently closed the door behind him. He saw that the lights were still off so the room was a bit dark. Luhan was sitting at the corner of the bed, his head lowered. He had his arm slouching off the bed, his muscles and fist showing that he was a bit angry and tensing up. Sehun could clearly see Luhan breathing hard but as his back was facing him, he couldn't really tell what Luhan was thinking. 

Sehun walked closer and tapped Luhan. Luhan shrugged and moved away. Sehun frowned. He knew why Luhan was being like this and he didn't like it. Luhan just kept sitting there and nothing but silence ate them apart. 

"Hey" Sehun started. He forced himself to try make Luhan talk. They've been avoiding this lately. He knew that Luhan was being a little distant and jealous but he couldnt' figure out what has been causing him to ignore him completely. It had been getting harder and harder for them since they were both so busy and Luhan ignoring him.

"What?" Luhan said non-chalantly. Sehun grew tired from Luhan's coldness and he stepped up. He sat down on the bed right behind Luhan and turned him around. Hey looked sincerely at Luhan who still had his face down. Sehun didn't like that and pushed his chin up with his finger. He was hurt by what he saw. Luhan looked sad, really sad.

"Are you OK?" he asked quietly. The distance between them both meant that talking in a normal tone would be too loud. Sehun edged closer and observed Luhan. When Sehun said that _____ was beautiful, she was nothing compared to Luhan but Sehun couldn't help but feel that this spark of love and admiration was dying, just a little. Luhan was taken aback and moved away a bit.

He shook his head and in true honesty, he hadn't been OK ever since that night.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong? You know that I will always be here for you." Sehun said softly. He was still aiming for the eye contact even though Luhan was looking down at the bed covers again. 

"Will you?" There was quiet a moment of silence before anyone said anything and Luhan's words really stuck. He continued,
"Do you still want to be with me?" Sehun could hear that he was starting to sniffle, "I knew what you did that night, with ____, I saw."
Sehun was shocked but he didn't really get it.
"What night? What did you see?" Luhan scoffed, not believing that Sehun didn't know what he was talking about.
"You know, don't act stupid; it was that night where you hugged ____ in the kitchen. You thought that I didn't know? And also those other times where you thought no one was around? I was there. I know you've been trying to hide it from me but I know. Heck, everyone knows. Everyone can see right through you, especially me." He was beginning to shout but Sehun just sat there dumbfounded. His hands slipped off Luhan's shoulders and he could feel his heart drop to his tummy. He never thought that he was being that obvious and truthfully, well- he didn't know that he would take it this far.

Sehun gave a sigh and he felt really scared but he knew that he had to face the fact.
"I'm sorry Luhan. I'm sorry for not telling you but I just can't help it. I think... I- I- think I'm..." Sehun was stuck. He knew but he just didn't want to say it, he couldn't say it, not in front of Luhan but Luhan was stronger and said it for him.

"You think you like ____ -noona right?" Luhan faced up and looked to Sehun. His eyes showed hurt but more so understanding. He even gave a small smile, as a sign that Sehun didn't know that he knew and also because he truly knew what Sehun was going through.
"I get it Sehun-ah, _____ is a very pretty girl isn't she?" Luhan, even though his boyfriend is in love with someone, he still cares for Sehun and he understands that he can't be angry at him, never can he be angry so instead he has to show his support.
Sehun was feeling really guilty by this. He didn't know how to respond apart from a nod as the answer.
Sehun looked up and faced Luhan, "I don't know Luhan. I'm with you but I feel as though my feelings are growing for _____ -noona. I know this can't happen but I- I just- I- I can't stop myself."

Sehun let out a tear and light sob. He started crying and Luhan could feel the sorrow and guilt from Sehun. He softened and brought his boyfriend into a hug.
As much as he did not want to let him go, he knew that Sehun needed some space for himself but for now, he just needed someone by his side.
"Hey now, hey now, Shhhh" Luhan tried to comfort Sehun.
Luhan rubbed his hand up and down Sehun's back and just sat there listening to Sehun's cries. They were feint and distorted due to Sehun's face being stuffed between Luhan's arms.
"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be doing this to you. I shouldn't be having these feelings for someone else." Sehun said uncomfortably between sniffles.
Luhan still sat there and listened to him.


"Luhan, please don't hate me but I think- that maybe- we should-" but he stopped. he would never have the heart to do this but he knew he had to. This wasn't going to work well and he thinks he need some time to sort things out. He can't keep this from lingering on a fine line. He has to do it but again, Luhan knew and he said it for Sehun.
"You think we should stop this right? Stop... us? Is that right?" Sehun was a bit shocked but nodded.
"Yeah" and he sniffled again. His tears were almost drying up and he felt a bit better now that he knew Luhan was there with him and even comforting him.

He thought that Luhan would get mad and leave him so that's why he didn't want say anything until he was sure about his feelings. The only thing though was that he still hurt Luhan, making him act all jealous, mad and kept it from him rather than tell the truth but then Luhan knew, which made it worse.
Luhan pushed his arms out and made Sehun look at him.
"How about it? Maybe we should have some distance between us, just for a while, yeah? That way, we can give each other space and you can sort out your feelings and if still have feelings for _____ or me, we will find out and take things from there." Luhan gave an encouraging smile even though he was hurting inside. He didn't want to let Sehun go but he knew that it was for the best. As long as Sehun was happy.

Sehun thought about it. "But what about you? What if I don't go back to you? I don't want to break up with you but I don't know. I'm scared. I want us to still work. Why am I being like this?" Sehun scolded himself.
Luhan frowned and his heart sank. He didn't like seeing Sehun being like this. It hurt him to see Sehun all confused and broken. He didn't want things to worsen.
"I'll still be here and all and you can still hang out with me and we can do stuff together but we're just not.... 'together together', OK?"
"So does that mean we're breaking up with each other?" Sehun asked innocently.
Luhan laughed softly and shook his head. Sehun was just too cute sometimes but that's not what he meant.
"No, I mean, let's just say we're on a break, it's an interval, an intermission, a hiatus, got it? And if you don't have any more feelings for me, then - "
"OK, I got it" Sehun cut Luhan off. Sehun lowered his eyes and sighed. What if he doesn't have anymore feelings for Luhan? What'll happen then? No, that won't happen. Sehun shook his head.


Luhan coughed a bit then said slowly, "You know that I'll still be trying to win you still? Just because we're on a break, doesn't mean I'm not going to stop trying. Sehun-ah, I love you and I know you love me too so I'm happy to have this break, so that you can truly understand your feelings, for yourself, for _____ and for me. I want you to be happy. I will never stop caring for you and I'll never forget everything that we did together. I will always be here for you. Always. Even though your feelings for me are sliding a bit, mine hasn't so I'll do whatever it takes for you to fall in love with me again. I'm not going to give up on you. Understood?"

Luhan looked serious and determined. Sehun was really relieved and happy seeing Luhan so encouraging. That's what he liked best, Luhan was gentle and sincere. Sehun smiled at him and Luhan gave his warmest smile back.
Sehun moved forward and wrapped his arms tightly around Luhan and hugged him.
"Thank you Luhan."

When their moment was over. Sehun let go of Luhan and got up from the bed. "I need to go finish my homework. I left ____ there all by myself. I should go."
Luhan just nodded. Sehun walked over to the door and before he closed it behind him, Luhan called out a question. One that never crossed Sehun's mind and crushed him like a bug.

"Even though you have feelings for ______, you do know she's still with Kai right?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT IN THE PARK NEAR THE DORM / YOUR POV:

It was pretty outside and the light wind made the summer air a bit cooler. You were sitting on the swing in the park near your dorm. You got bored after Sehun left to talk with Luhan. You tilted your head, not knowing what's going on. Well, all you knew was that Luhan and Sehun have been cold to each other lately. Did something happen? You were a bit worried because they seemed so distant and sad most days. You wanted to ask how they were doing but you knew that they would just lie and say they were fine when really, something was really wrong.

You wondered for awhile and there was this feeling. Every time you thought of Sehun, it seemed as though your heart beat grew faster and your skin prickled in excitement. You knew that you weren't supposed to have these feelings but you couldn't help it. It's only been recently have you started to feel these things.

It had been a while now and you were pretty used to having Sehun around. Your relationship between you both has grown but you had an odd feeling about it. Sehun was really clingy, you think but hey, he just wanted to spend more time with you and you guessed it was alright. The only thing that got to you was Luhan. He didn't seem to like it that Sehun was spending more time with you. You didn't want him to get all jealous or anything so you kept a distance and made sure that everything was just friendly, nothing more. You also had Kai as well so yeah, no mixed feelings or anything and hey, Sehun was also your 'dongsaeng', seeing that he calls you 'noona' and all.

You pushed your feet off the ground and let go of your thoughts. You let in a big breath and then out and you felt your body relax. Even though you hated the amount of sweat produced every day, you loved the warm weather. The skies were starting to darken and the breeze blew more strongly. You felt goosebumps prick up from your skin and more when you started swinging through the air. You forced more effort and went higher and higher. Slowly, you were almost so high that you could've sworn that you were flying. 

You got tired and so you stopped applying the force and the swing started to slow down. You felt the nice breeze come back and the calmness of it all. There was no one around and you felt happy. The air was really nice now and the sun had settled but the summer haze still lingered. You thought it had been a while now so you decided to head back. This was supposed to be a short break and because you had nothing to do, you came here to get out of the house. It was too silent for one and because you didn't really like watching TV to pass time; only when your boyfriend performed or your favourite shows or movies were on would you be found sitting at the sofa.

When the swing stopped, you pushed yourself off the swing and started to make your way slowly back to the dorm. As you walked down the pathway, almost home, you noticed a couple across the road heading the same way. They looked very familiar. You started to pick up your speed, curious to see if it was someone you knew or who they were. You quickened your steps and crossed the road. You didn't want to seem too obvious that you were following them or anything so you tried to sneak from a distance. The couple were fairly tall, the girl was wearing high heels and her hair trailed nicely down her back, covering the pretty patterns of her mini dress. It was a bit cold to wear that out wasn't it? And a bit too short. The girl wasn't as tall as the guy but her heels helped a bit. She was really close to him, like stuck by his side and had her hand interlaced into his arm. As they walked in sync, you tried not to look directly at them in case they caught you staring from behind. You lowered your head a bit and made eye contact with their legs only. Wait- those jeans, they were very familiar. You shifter your view slightly. Oh, and that shirt and shoes and that--

woah. You quickly scrambled to the side of the building. Whew! That was close. You breahted in quickly, a little panicked and then slowly peered out of the corner. The couple stopped and scared you stiff. You didn't want to get caught so your instincts kicked in and taold you to hide. You saw that you had reached the dorm now. The couple had their sides facing you but they couldn't see you.

"Well, thanks for the lunch...... and dinner. I hope to see you soon." The girl said flirtingly. You watched as she moved forward, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed -- no!
It couldn't be. Your eyes widened and your body froze. The girl, she was kissing Kai. Another girl was kissing Kai. The Kai. Kim Jongin- Kai. Dancing machine Kai, your first crush Kai, the goofy Kai, the funny Kai, the annoying Kai your best friend Kai but most of all, your boyfriend Kai. Your Kai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey guys. Woops, usually I would do this after every chapter but I seemed to have forgotten. hihihihi. Well, it was a double update so I guess this would be for both chapters. I hope you all really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for reading. WOW! Luhan and Sehun broke up--- I mean are on a break. I would have never done this but omo, it's so beautiful in way. I couldn't really think of anything so yeah. I wonder how Sehun is going to sort his feelings out and also, Kai got caught! Oh no! What'll happen next? Please stay tuned for another chapter which I might update soon, depending if I'm busy or not
See y'all soon! <3

 

                 

:D