Chapter 2

Mixed Feelings- kai

You were not used to the sunlight which hit your face. You squinted before putting a hand to your forehead to block out the light. It was still early, a feeling told you but the sound of shuffling made you turn to see Kai at the other side of the room, trying to find something. When he noticed you he stopped for a few seconds then went back to rummaging through the closets and drawer tables.

"Hey, have you seen my grey semi-shirt?" You rubbed your eyes and stretched, trying to take in his question, "Morning and no, I haven't seen it, I think it's still in the laundry, why?" He grunted and answered, "Never mind."

"Why don't you just wear that hoodie?" you asked when you saw one on the chair. "No, it's dirty and it doesn't look very nice to wear out in the public. I have to keep up my image you know?" he sounded a bit harsh but that was probably because he was failing to try to find something else.

You got out of bed still half asleep and walked over to the closet. You opened it up and reached out for a blue semi and a skinny black tie. You turned and walked towards Kai who was still looking through the basket on the floor. 

"Here, just wear this instead." Kai stopped what he was doing and looked to you. He eyed the shirt you picked out and nodded. He took off his t-shirt and you helped him slip his arms in. You stepped closer and buttoned up his shirt. Through this whole time you both kept silent. One because you were still tired and focusing to button his shirt up and two, because it felt like for awhile, you two haven't been this close to each other and now Kai didn't know what to do. He looked down to you and watched your every movement in awe but there was no longer that spark. He didn't feel anything towards you but he didn't know how to say it to you. He didn't want to lose you though. 

"OK, done." you had finished and knotted the tie loosely around his neck. You made a small smile at your work. He gave the same reaction back and turned and left. Just as he walked out the door, you saw Sehun step in the way. "Hey" you said. He gave you a smile and walked towards you. "Hey, I'm having trouble this morning too, would you mind helping me pick something to wear also?" He was literally right in your face, bending his knees so you were face to face with each other. It was awkward to you and a bit uncomfortable. You just nodded seeing it was a harmless request.

"Where are you guys all off to?" you asked. Seeing as Sehun and Kai woke up early and finding the effort to dress decently, you were curious to see what they were scheduled for today. "Oh well, Exo-K are to meet up at the company building this morning for a quick meeting. Exo-M start their schedules later for a photoshoot for a magazine. We will join with them later on."
"Oh OK, have fun" you quickly sorted to find a white, neat shirt and a dark jacket for Sehun to wear with a pair of jeans. 

Kai was in the kitchen putting his plate and cup of water in the sink. Sehun went to sit down at the table, apparently their manager woke up earlier as well to buy them breakfast. Even though you were living with Kai, Sehun and Luhan, you weren't really the motherly character and put the responsibility on their manager. You didn't feel any guilt though, firstly, you were atrocious at cooking and two, you had your own job to do and taking care of the 3 guys would be too stressful and on the plus, they were all adults now, they can take care of themselves.

You walked up to Kai and helped him with drying the plates. It was still silent but when you looked up to Kai, he had a genuine smile on his face. You smiled back and when you both finished, he said, "I'll be leaving first, Sehun, I'll meet you in the van." "Kai" you started. He stopped from getting putting his shoes on after walking to the door. You went to him and gave him a hug. "Have a good day. I might visit you later after lunch." He wrapped his arms around you after a few moments and you both let go. "Bye" you said. "Bye, and make sure Luhan gets up before you leave OK?" he requested. "Sure" you nodded.

Kai closed the door behind him and you went upstairs to get ready for work. As you shut the door, you took off your shirt and found your uniform, well not really but it was required for work regulations, black skirt and plain white semi. When you finished with a touch of makeup and bringing your shoes down in one hand and your bag in the other, you turned around to see Sehun standing at the doorway.

You froze, shocked. "How long were you standing there?" you asked. "Uhm, a while I guess. Let's just say, nice choice for undergarments." He gave you a cheeky smile along with a hot wink then turned and ran downstairs. You stood there dumbfounded but then a message on your phone made you realised that you were going to be late for the bus so you dashed off to work. You were going to deal with Sehun later and you're going to make him pay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: hey guys, if you were waitig long, I'm sorry. I just don't know exactly what this story is about and the plot is made on the spot so it might sound a bit flaky at first. I'll try my best to make it a good story. See you next chapter :) Thanks for reading.

 

 

 

cr of all pics to: original owners... watermarked or not, please do not take out without credit and do not edit