Chapter 5

Mixed Feelings- kai

It was a passive day and you were just sitting at the sofa, watching TV with Kai and the boys. It was almost 4 in the afternoon and the breeze was set to be a lazy night. It was silent apart from a few whispers and slight chuckles. That earnt a glare from you as you were trying to watch the movie. Before you looked back you saw Luhan snug closer to Sehun. Somehow, it felt like you couldn't ignore it. The feeling whenever Sehun was around just wasn't the same but you didn't know what to feel. It wasn't awkard or anything because Sehun was acting like himself, as if nothing had happened. Luhan looked oblivious too so Sehun probably didn't say anything about you and him to Luhan. 

Sehun realised someone was looking at him and turned his head your way. Knowing that it would be awkward seeing you staring at him, you quickly turned your head as if you were watching the movie. In the corner of your eye, you saw Sehun staring your way but then turned his head after a few seconds. You breathed out hard to yourself and focused your eye on the screen.

By the time the movie was over, the boys went and picked out another one. "Hey, we should watch this one"
"NO! This one"    "That's boring, what about that one?" The boys continued to fight while some of them had fallen asleep or the others just ignoring them as they were in their own little world. Kai shifted and you looked up to see if he was alright.
"Are you OK?" you asked him. He gave a blunt smile but then grunted as he moved his body.
"Yeah, my body is just a little tired from this position."
You got off of Kai because you were kind of leaning on him. 
"Sorry." You looked around and noticed the time. "Actually, save my spot, I'll go make something for us to eat and I'll come back."
You stood up and walked away from the living room.
Sehun noticed and asked quickly, "Hey, ___-noona, where are you going?"
It felt weird that Sehun would be the first to notice.
"Uhm, just to the kitchen. I'm going to make something for you all to eat. I'll be back later."
Sehun shot up and ran to you. "Can I help?" 
Luhan heard this and turned your way. "Sehun, where are you going without me? I'll come help to." Luhan's eyes sparkled and he ran towards the kitchen too.
"Uhh... OK thanks for the offer of help." You smiled to both and then walked over to a cupboard and picked out the ingredients and some untensils. 
It took an hour or so to make a nice warm pot of DakJuk (chicken porridge). It was one of the few dishes that you knew how to make and with the limit of skills and ingredients, this was what you resulted into making. Luckily Lay and Kris was there to help you also. 
"Here pass them for me to chop up." Lay held out his hand and you put the leek into his hand. He then swiped out a knife out of nowhere and in a blink of an eye, he was chopping like there was no tomorrow. You couldn't stop staring. He was a really good cook. He added them to the soup and then added a few more seasonings. Luhan and Sehun were just mucking around but Lay started shouting at them and told them to help. They then cut the chicken and put it with the rest of the ingredients. It was actually quite fun  to do. 

Finally, dinner was ready and you brought it out, you realised that Kai and some others from EXO-K had gone out.
That left you eating dinner with: Lay, Tao, Kris, Luhan, Sehun, Suho, Chen and Baekhyun. They all crowded around and you served them a bowl each.
"Thanks" they all said i unison. Some left and went back to the sofa whereas the others sat at the table with you. With the first spoonful, you could figure out that your tastebuds weren't exploding for no reason. Lay was amazing and this meal was 5 stars to you.
"Wow, Lay I haven't had this type of food ever since I went to visit my mom back in the summer. It's incredible."
"No worries, ___ I just love to cook." he replied. 

After dinner, the boys left after playing a few games and chatting. Throughout the whole conversation with Luhan, you felt as though Sehun was staring at your every move. You felt drawn as well and occasionally would you find yourself turning his way and talking to him instead of Luhan. Luhan saw so and grew a bit suspicious. What is going on between them two? Why is Sehun like this these days? Is it because of ____? 
Even though you focused on Sehun, Luhan suddenly stopped talking so you snapped back and looked to see what was wrong.
"Luhan? What were you just saying?" He snapped back too and gave a cheeky smile.
"Uhhh, I don't know anymore." You just went blank and shrugged. "Oh, OK then."
You saw Luhan grab Sehun's arm and they both stood up.
"Well, I think it's time for everyone to leave huh?" You turned around and noticed that the boys were playing games and making a huge mess with the popcorn.
"Uhh I guess so." You hollered that it was time to go and everybody sulked at you but then packed up to leave. You helped clean and put everything back in order. They all then made their way to the door and you gave everyone a nice hug.
"Get home safely and I'll sure to see you soon." They all smiled and told you they would be happy to see you this week again.
Before they left, Tao decided to take a picture with you. "Uhhh, sure" You then walked in front of Tao and his camera and smiled.
CLICK! Tao turned his camera around and was quite happy with his photo-taking. "Hey, how about another one?" You turned around and saw Chen and Baekhyun hold their own phones out to you. 
"OK, fine but not more after this, you hear?" You weren't really the type to be taking selcas or whatever but just for once, since it was a good day, you thought, Why not? Again, you all posed and the pictures turned out well.

When everyone was satisfied, Tao wanted to take one last photo of everyone together. It was alot easier to be honest without a few members there. 
You all squashed in together and you just decided to smile at the camera. CLICK! and all was done. The boys waved goodbye and left.
"Bye~" you waved. Luhan shut the door and you turned to sit back on the couch.
"Wow, what a night. I'm still full, Lay is the best cook."
"Yeah, we should invite him over so he could cook for us more. That means that we get more types of different foods other than what Manager gives us and ____'s cooking." You shot up and sat straight.
"Yah! What's that supposed to mean oppa?" You threw a pillow and aimed for Luhan's head but missed. Luhan laughed and poked his tongue at you.
"Oh well, what to do now?" You didn't know, there was hardly anything interesting in the house. You noticed the breeze and looked out to the door to the balcony. It was open and the light curtain was dancing with the wind. You got up from your seat and went over to stand outside. The sky was already black and tinted with a few stars. You gazed outside and watched the view of little dim lights dancing around blurringly. You felt someone join you and you turned to see Luhan. Then Sehun walked up from behind and wrapped his arms around Luhan's waist and softly placed his chin on Luhan's shoulder. The glow hit Luhan's pale face and even in the dark night, he still looked like an angel. You were mesmerised like the first time you met him. He still looked like that five-year-old deer face. His wide eyes scanned around the view and you shifted your gaze to Sehun. Just like before, without Luhan really noticing, Sehun was looking right at you. You just frowned a bit, not really understanding why he has been doing that lately. Was there something wrong with me? Do I have something on my face? Sehun is being really weird and well, kind of clingy lately. What did he want from me? Sehun was still staring at you and then the next second, he stepped away from Luhan. You and Luhan watched as Sehun took off his jacket and wrapped it around you.
"Here, it's getting pretty cold and as a gentlemen, I should lend this to you."
"But, I don't need it I'm fi--" you were cut off.
"No, noona, your arms look like twisty branches that are about to snap off any minute now." He grinned at you satisfyingly and helped you into his jacket. You were in awe at how comfortable he was when doing this. You felt your cheeks blush red as he came closer. You looked away from Sehun only to then be facing Luhan.
"Oppa" you called out. Luhan seemed pretty mad and just like that, he stormed away back into the house.
"What's wrong with him?" you asked.
"I don't know. He's been a bit weird lately. I think I'll talk to him later about it." you just nodded.
When you got comfy, Sehun hesitated befre asking.
"Does that feel better?" you just nodded again. Then Sehun shifted around and his body flopped.
" I think Luhan is mad at me. I'm going to talk to him. Goodnight~."
"Oh OK," you replied. "Goodnight~"


Just when you thought he was going to leave, he gave you a quick peck on the cheek and left to go back inside.
Again, he just-- what was that for? Did he really need to do that? You were getting a bit sick of it, honestly. You didn't want to make a big deal of it but Sehun possibly can't be doing this anymore. Did he have a reason to kiss me? Why is he doing this? You had no idea of these little flicks of contact between you and Sehun but you couldn't figure out what Sehun was up to. He had kissed you about twice now. You weren't really sure but that was the last straw. You didn't want to say anything because it was really small signs of contact but you realised it was driving you crazy now. You couldn't stop thinking about it. You decided that you were going to confront him soon. When you had enough courage to talk to him about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: hey guys! thanks for reading. please comment about what you think of this. Hope that you are all doing well and I'll be back with another chapter soon Love you all :)