Chapter 19

Mixed Feelings- kai

Kai wakes up to find a towel near his face. He sits up realising that he was just lying down before. Why? He looks around to see a dark room, oh the practice room. He felt really tired and tried to remember what happened just before. Then everything comes back and then he turns his head around.  There was something next to him. He moves his hands around and finally grasps a long limb. It's an arm. It seemed dead so it must mean the person was either dead itself or just asleep. Kai slid his hands down to the person's hand and it was warm so thankfully, the person wasn't dead. He was shocked and felt the arm move. Someone was with him. Who? Kai got up quickly and went to find the lights. Since he moved so fast, his head began hurting and he felt light-headed. His fingers flicked the lights on and saw you sitting just on the edge of the couch. Because he just got up, he was surprised, was this real? Why were you here with him? What happened? Did you find him here? He was as still as a rock when he saw your body twist to life. You woke up with a slow start. Stretching and yawning that wide mouth, your senses came back and you quickly turned your head instinctively. You were supposed to be checking up on Kai but you realised you fell asleep. But strangely, Kai was not unconscious next to you. His body has disappeared and you became very worried. You looked up from the couch. Don't tell me he's dancing again but your eyes stopped on a figure standing near the lights. Heaving a stunned breath, you froze as Kai walked up to you and sat beside you. Everything swirled in your head, how did you get in such a position to be facing Kai at this moment? You felt like running away, you were scared of what would happen between you both. On the other hand, you felt like grabbing him into a hug and then wash him, feed him, his hair until he falls asleep. It was awkwardly silent as you sat there, not knowing what to say. Kai was still figuring out why you were here and he also didn't know what to say to you.
After a while, you muttered,
"Are you OK?" You turned to look at him. Hearing your voice again, Kai felt an uprising in his chest. It was nice you hear that voice again but the question made him shake his head. At that, you thought that he meant that he might be hurt or still tired from fainting. You quickly moved closer and checked on him. You looked around his body again for any wounds or bleeding, then you cupped his face rashly and checked on his eyes. They were quite red on  the sides and you started to worry. "I think you need to take a rest back at the dorm. Why were you dancing that much in the first place? You should know that you aren't a robot Kai-- what?"
You saw as Kai suddenly smiled that gorgeous smile of his. It wasn't like he intentionally did so, it was because of your motherly nagging which made Kai remember how it was to be with you. You always worried and then gave a lecture only 'cause you cared so much. He missed that and so it was nice to hear from you again.  You ignored him then took something out of your bag. Figuring if you couldn't say something without getting a weird reaction from him (making your heart pound inside), then you might as well just put things into actions. You put your bag down again and placed a bun and chocolate milk into Kai's hands. He looked up confused.
"Don't look at me like that. I know that you don't take care of yourself when you're into dancing. When was the last time you ate?" To be honest, you were lecturing him because you couldn't anything else to say. You were trying to ease the awkwardness but it didn't seem like it was working; all you were doing was make a fool of yourself.
Kai just looked down in his hands which was holding the bun and milk. You were still so cute, fumbling with your mouth because you had nothing to say. He realised that you still cared about him even though you didn't say it. He was thankful to have woken up with you beside him. He let out a light chuckle, maybe things will get better now that you're here.
"What are you laughing at?" Remembering their first encounter, Kai started teasing you again.
"So, how'd you like my dancing?" You tilted your head, confused at where he was going at but you got it after a moment. "Funny." you grumbled. As upset and worried you were about him, Kai seemed to be like the first time you met. After all you have gone through recently, Kai managed to be the same as always. How could have he cheated on you and change to be so cold?
Before even thinking you asked Kai, "So what were you doing here?"
"Just dancing. I wanted to take my mind off of you." You raised an eyebrow. "Me?"
"Yeah. I couldn't stop thinking about you. I'm sorry."
"What about the girl?" you asked curiously. "What about her? I left her after you left. I realised I don't need anyone else but you." Hearing that from Kai was different than you would have expected. After leaving him, you had the impression that he wouldn't want you anymore. He didn't chase after you or called you, he was as cold as … say, cold guy Kris. Your heart melted and you knew you had fallen for him again.
"Then why did you do it in the first place?" you were just curious but you knew that you had forgiven him for cheating on you.
"I don't know. My mind was a mess and I was too caught up in schedules. Then I met her at this event and we had fun. I guess I took it too far by sleeping with her but she forced herself on me. She got annoying so I told her that she shouldn't see me again and that it was over. When you left, you made me realise what a fool I've been. I'm sorry for cheating on you but  I wasn't in my right mind."
You sat there in silence trying to figure out the situation. Kai said sorry about twice now. He looked innocent enough and he explained himself quite persuasively. However, a question still lingered in your mind and you had to trust Kai to tell you the truth.
"So, now that you're apologising, does that mean you still want to be with me?" Kai looked around the room, thinking before he nodded and looked at you.
"I know I've done wrong but can you look past it please? I couldn't eat, sleep or go to schedules because of you… It was like I went crazy. I didn't know what to do after you left. I want you back. ________, will you come back to me?"
His words struck your heart immensely. He sounded so small and desperate. Did he really go crazy? Even so, you still were captured and smiled to him. As much as you'd want to be angry at him, you couldn't because you love him too much. You do, you want him back and so with a smile you said,
"I'll come back to you. I missed you a lot too. I was just too upset and ended it with you. The thought that you cheated on me, I'll look past it. I shouldn't have broken up with you but still, if I catch you cheating on me again---" you raised your voice at the end with a fist in the air playfully.
Kai quickly dodged and trapped your hands with his, partly scared. "OK OK, ______. I said I was sorry, I'll never do that to you again." Then he started being all cute so you could calm down.
"_______ah~. I love you." You were pretty angry that he was being cute. He knew how much 'cute' pissed you off but he kept smiling up at you while cuddling your arm.
"Stop it. It's disgusting on you." Kai let go of your arm. "What is disgusting on me?"
"Being cute. Now stop and eat up." You tried to avoid his smiling charm and stuffed the bun in his mouth like the first time you him. He was surprised but was happy that you forgave him. Now, everything was alright.

-------------------------------

Author's note: hey guys, update. I know it's short but I'll be ending it here. Congratulations on being back together. I seriously was muddled in my mind to be writing this further. Sorry if it wasn't what you'd expect but I'm really going crazy with some personal issues. I'll be updating the last chapter soon, hope to have a happy ending... well you know now already. Last stop, the school dance! Will you be going? And who is going to turn up with DaeHee? Stay tuned :) thanks for reading.


Abusive child...

A hug won't solve it Kai... Sehun, what are you doing?