Chapter 25: Hoseok

JeongkukV

After Jimin left, Hoseok sat alone and wanted to cry but didn’t. He just sat there heartbroken, except he kind of expected this kind of behavior from Jimin after what happened earlier. Hoseok decided that there was no use in moping and headed downstairs to their apartment. As he reached the door, he could hear Jimin yelling. He stopped and pressed his ear against the door.

“It’s because I’m in love with him!” Jimin yelled, “He should be with me, not TaeHyung!” Hoseok stepped back. He didn’t know why but tears started rushing down his cheeks uncontrollably. Hoseok muffled his cries with his hand and headed back up to the roof to get some fresh air.

He sat and cried his heart out. “He likes Jeongkuk,” Hoseok cried out loud, “Why didn’t I notice that? Why did I have to confess to Jimin?”

Hoseok calmed down enough but was sniffling. He hugged his knees to his chest and was drawing random things on the floor. He sighed. He heard the door open and saw Jimin standing there with a small smile.

Hoseok turned his attention back to the ground, trying to ignore Jimin. Hoseok saw from the corner of his eye Jimin walking over to him. Jimin sat next to Hoseok and watched him draw things on the floor. “What are you doing?” Jimin asked in sweet and quiet voice. Hoseok looked at him, “What do you want Jimin? I thought you hated me now.” Hoseok said harshly.

Jimin sighed, “I don’t hate you hyung. I just didn’t know how to act.” Jimin said. Hoseok bit his lips, “Well I think the way you act was just perfect.” Hoseok retorted sarcastically. Jimin pursued his lips, “Hyung, I’m sorry about that. I really am.”

Hoseok sighed, “It’s fine, I guess. Like you said, you didn’t know how to act.” Hoseok said, still being sarcastic. Jimin sighed and tried to hug to Hoseok. Hoseok scooted away from him, “Jimin, stop. I know you like Jeongkuk. So just leave me alone and go to him.” Hoseok said harshly before getting up.

Jimin stood up too, “Hyung,” Jimin said softly, “I do like Jeongkuk but Jin hyung made me realize something and I should just have let Jeongkuk and TaeHyung alone.” Jimin said. They were quiet.

“Hyung, I want to try it.” Jimin said, breaking the silence. “Try what?” Hoseok asked.

“I want to try us,” Jimin said, and Hoseok was going to refuse but was cut off by Jimin, “We should at least give it a try, right?” Jimin said, hoping that Hoseok would agree. Hoseok sighed but slowly smiled at Jimin, “Ok, let’s give it a try.” He said with a slight chuckle. Jimin chuckled and gave Hoseok a hug.

Jimin grabbed Hoseok’s hand and they went down back to the apartment.