Chapter 10: Jimin

JeongkukV

 

Damn, why does he have to be here? Jimin thought to himself as he glared at TaeHyung from the corner of his eye. He sighed quietly to himself, Whatever, as long as I get to spend more time with Jeongkuk, he thought to himself. He was about to reach his arm over Jeongkuk’s shoulder when TaeHyung beat him to it. Jimin harshly bit his lip, Damn it TaeHyung, his thought raged. Jimin wasn’t enjoying this morning. He couldn’t stand that someone else besides him was making Jeongkuk happy. Jimin kept glaring at TaeHyung when he saw TaeHyung’s lips move, “So Jimin, what are you going to buy us?” TaeHyung asked. Jimin shrugged, not really wanting to talk to TaeHyung, “Whatever you two want.” He replied bitterly to TaeHyung, focusing his attention to the front. Jimin was trying his best to ignore TaeHyung and try to find a way to survive breakfast. “Hyung, I want pizza.” Jeongkuk said, catching a jealous Jimin off guard. Jimin chuckled, Jeongkuk always having a special effect on Jimin, “In the morning?” Jimin asked in disbelief. Jeongkuk nodded, giving his hyung a slight pout. Jimin smiled to himself, slightly blushing. He opened his mouth to talk when he was cut off by TaeHyung, “Hm, how about we get pastries instead?” TaeHyung asked, ruffling Jeongkuk’s hair. Jimin shut his mouth, grinding his teeth together. Damn it TaeHyung, again? Jimin thought to himself. “I know how much you like bread.” TaeHyung continued. “Ok hyung!” Jeongkuk exclaimed, scooting himself closer to TaeHyung. Jimin shoved his hands further into his pocket, frowning at the ground, “Jeongkuk please don’t fall for this idiot.” Jimin sighed under his breath. “Hyung, are you ok?” Jeongkuk asked, causing Jimin to look up. He looked up to see a concerned maknae but behind him was TaeHyung. Jimin frowned again, No Jeongkuk, I’m not fine, his mind was repeating. “Just a little tired.” He lied, trying to pull his lips into a smile. Jeongkuk smiled, “Well I know breakfast will wake you up!” Jeongkuk exclaimed, putting his arm around Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin’s cheeks turned a slight pink as the butterflies fluttered in his stomach. He slowly stood up straight and cautiously put his arm around Jeongkuk’s waist, sheepishly smiling to himself. Better than nothing, I guess, he thought to himself.

When they got to the café, Jimin watched as Jeongkuk and TaeHyung ran around to pick out their favorite breads and pastries. Jimin shook his head, smiling to himself as he watched Jeongkuk. But his smile quickly faded when he saw TaeHyung come up next to Jeongkuk. “Hyung, I want pizza bread!” Jeongkuk called over to Jimin. Jimin sighed, “Of course.” He said under his breath, shaking his head.

“So Jeongkuk, are you really going to buy me that lion doll?” TaeHyung asked. Jimin rolled his eyes, getting annoyed by TaeHyung. He was already annoyed just by looking at him but now he has to hear his voice too. Jeongkuk and TaeHyung were talking about the lion doll but Jimin wasn’t paying much attention to them. He was trying his best to block out TaeHyung’s voice. Jimin sat quietly, picking at his food, not in the mood to eat anymore. “Hyung, do you want me to buy you a doll too?” Jeongkuk asked jokingly. Jimin chuckled to himself, not looking up from his food that was all shredded into bits, “Jeongkuk, why do I need a doll? I’m not a girl,” Jimin said, “No offense TaeHyung.” He added, not wanting to be a jerk. TaeHyung just shrugged it off and continued to eat his bread. Jeongkuk laughed, “Oh, yeah, that’s true. But I feel like I need to repay you for breakfast.” Jeongkuk said, feeling a little guilty. Jimin laughed, finally looking up at Jeongkuk. He pinched the maknae’s cheek, “Don’t worry about it, it’s my treat.” Jimin said, feeling slightly grateful at how much Jeongkuk cared about him. Jeongkuk smiled at his hyung, causing Jimin’s heart to melt.

After they left the café, TaeHyung wouldn’t stop bugging Jeongkuk about the lion doll. Jimin rolled his eyes, “There he goes again.” Jimin said under his breath. “Ok hyung, I’ll buy you it, just be patient.” Jeongkuk said, trying to calm down his overly hyper hyung. “Lion doll! Lion doll! Lion doll!” TaeHyung kept chanting. Jeongkuk and Jimin both rolled their eyes. “Hyung, do you want to come with us to the store?” Jeongkuk asked Jimin. Jimin shook his head, “No, I think I’m going to head back and practice for next week’s show.” Jimin lied, giving Jeongkuk a weak smile. Jimin didn’t think he could stand another minute with TaeHyung’s excessive whining.  “Aishi, hyung you’re always practicing.” Jeongkuk nagged. Jimin just shrugged, “Ok, well I guess we’ll see you at home then.” Jeongkuk said. Jimin nodded and headed in the opposite direction back to their apartment, “Bye.” He waved at them. “Bye hyung!” Jeongkuk called back. Jimin smiled to himself which quickly faded when he realized that he left Jeongkuk with TaeHyung. Jimin looked up at the sky and cursed to himself, “God, what if something happens?” Jimin said to himself, imagining all the various situations that could happen, all if which end in Jeongkuk and TaeHyung kissing. Jimin shook his head, trying to erase all his imaginations. He was flustered, he scratched the back of his head and chuckled to himself, “Stay calm Jimin, probably nothing will happen.” He said to himself, trying to make himself feel better.

Jimin finally got back home. He walked inside to see Hoseok sitting alone on the couch in the living room, playing with his phone. “Hyung,” Jimin said, startling Hoseok a bit, “Didn’t you say you were going to see your family?” Jimin asked as he sat on the couch. Hoseok gave Jimin a sheepish smile, “Uh yeah, well the thing is,” Hoseok stuttered, “Uh, I forget that they are still out of town.” Hoseok said, chuckling nervously. Jimin looked at his hyung weird but shrugged it off, “Ok, don’t tell me the truth. I don’t care.” Jimin said nonchalantly, getting up to go to his room. “I am telling the truth!” Hoseok yelled, trying to defend himself. “Whatever you say.” Jimin said before disappearing into his room.

Jimin got changed into some casual clothes and packed his things for dance practice. Jimin went back to the living room and put on his shoes, “Hyung, I’m going to go practice. I’ll see you later.” Jimin said, putting his hand on the door knob. “Hey, let me go with you.” Hoseok said, stopping Jimin. Jimin gave Hoseok a look, not really wanting anyone to join him. Right now he just wanted to be alone. “We can practice your new dance routine.” Hoseok said nervously. Jimin sighed, “But that routine is just me and Jeongkuk.” Jimin protested, getting slightly annoyed. “Just pretend that I’m Jeongkuk for today.” Hoseok said, playfully nudging Jimin. Jimin sighed loudly, “Ok, fine. Just meet me outside.” Jimin said. Hoseok squealed, “Ok, I won’t take too long!” Hoseok exclaimed before vanishing into his room.