Chapter 18: Hoseok

JeongkukV

 

“Hey Hoseok,” Jin called, distracting Hoseok’s attention from the balloons. Hoseok looked up at him, “What is it hyung?” Hoseok asked while blowing up another balloon. Jin crouched next to Hoseok, “Remember how I said I was going to help you get closer to Jimin? Well I need you two to go buy some cake for the party.” Jin requested with a sly smirk. Hoseok’s eyes went wide as he let the balloon escape from his mouth, making it fly in the air in every direction. A blush was growing on his face as his lips pulled into a grin. He looked at his hyung, his eyes sparkling, “Yeah, no problem hyung.” Hoseok chuckled as Jin helped him up, dragging him over to Jimin.

 

“Ok, go buy the cake and hurry back because we aren’t done with decorating yet.” Jin said, pushing the two towards the door. “What is it for?” Jimin asked. “No time, I’ll explain later.” Jin said before shutting the door shut in their face. Hoseok stood next to Jimin, looking at him, his blush faded into a slight pink. Jimin looked at him, causing Hoseok to smile like an idiot. Jimin rolled his eyes before walking off to the bakery, leaving Hoseok standing there. “Hey wait up!” Hoseok called out after realizing that Jimin left.

 

                “Hey, I said to wait for me.” Hoseok complained playfully, wrapping an arm around Jimin’s shoulder. “Well Jin hyung said to hurry.” Jimin replied coldly. Hoseok could tell that Jimin was annoyed and peeved, making his smile fade a little, “Jimin, are you ok?” Hoseok asked, feeling a little awkward. Jimin stopped walking and glared at Hoseok, “No I’m not. Why won’t anyone tell me what that party is for?” Jimin huffed childishly, making Hoseok chuckle and ruffle Jimin’s hair. “You don’t know?” Hoseok asked, amused, “Well then, I guess you’ll have to find out later.” Hoseok said, leaving a pouty Jimin and walking off by himself. Hoseok kept walking until he heard Jimin’s footsteps come from behind him, “Hyung, just tell me.” Jimin whined again, trailing behind Hoseok. Hoseok coolly shook his head, not even looking behind him at Jimin. Hoseok didn’t know why he wasn’t telling Jimin about the party, maybe it was because he wanted to hear Jimin beg, but whatever it was, Hoseok was pleased with himself. Hoseok kept walking coolly, ignoring Jimin’s excessive whining. “Hyung please tell me!” Jimin whined again. Hoseok sighed, “Jimin you might as well give up because I’m not going to tell you.” Suddenly, Hoseok felt a hand on his shoulder turn him around. Hoseok was now facing Jimin, who was a hairline away from his face. Hoseok’s face immediately flushed into a bright shade of red, his eyes wide open. And I guess Jimin didn’t intend on this because his cheeks were red, but he could tell that Hoseok was more nervous about this than he was. Jimin smirked and decided to pull his aegyo on his hyung. “Hyung~ please tell Minnie~” Jimin cooed with puppy eyes. Hoseok swallowed hard. He could feel his face getting hot. Jimin kept cooing and pulling aegyo tricks, making Hoseok’s heart beat like mad. Hoseok opened his mouth to answer when he spotted something from the corner of his eyes, “Oh, hey there’s the bakery.” Hoseok said nervously, quickly walking towards the building, leaving Jimin standing there. Hoseok walked quickly, his breathing was heavy as he tried to calm down his heartbeat. “Damn, that boy sure is something.” Hoseok said to himself before wiping the sweat from his forehead.

 

                Shortly after Hoseok entered the bakery, Jimin followed. He entered the bakery and immediately glared at Hoseok, his arms crossed him front of him. “Hey Minnie,” Hoseok said with a nervous smile, “Come help pick out a cake.” Jimin just pouted, shaking his head no, which made Hoseok laugh. “Ok fine then, I’ll just get the mango cake.” Hoseok teased. “No!” Jimin exclaimed, going over to his hyung, “Hyung I don’t like mango.” Jimin whined, hoping that his hyung wasn’t seriously going to get mango cake. Hoseok smirked at Jimin and handed the cashier the money and took the cake, “I know,” He said, slowly opening the lid of the cake box, “That’s why I got cheesecake.” He cooed, earning a sigh of relief from Jimin. Hoseok shook his head while smiling, relieved that Jimin wasn’t worked up about the party. Hoseok looked at the time, “Oh shoot, we better get going or else Jin hyung is going to blow a fuse.” Hoseok said, dragging Jimin back to the practice room.

 

                Once they got to the practice room, Jin took no hesitation in ordering them on what to do. “Ok Hoseok, go help Namjoon put up signs and Jimin, go blow up more balloons.” Jin ordered frantically. Hoseok nodded and went to go help Namjoon, but from behind, he could hear Jimin whining again. “Hyung, what’s the party for?” Jimin asked, getting really annoyed that no one was answering him. “I’ll tell you after we finish decorating, no go!” Jin ordered. Hoseok looked behind him to see a pouty Jimin blowing up balloons. Hoseok couldn’t help but chuckle at the adorable sight in front of him.

 

                He joined Namjoon and helped him put up signs. “Hey, what’s wrong with Jimin?” Namjoon asked while straightening out the signs. Hoseok shook his head and smiled, “No one’s telling what the party is for.” Hoseok replied. Namjoon started laughing, “Why didn’t you tell him when you two went cake shopping?” Namjoon asked. Hoseok shrugged, stilling smiling, “It’s fun teasing him.” Namjoon nodded, “That is true.” They both started snickering and looking back at Jimin who was still pouting.

 

                “Ok everyone, great work. The practice room looks nice.” Jin thanked while scanning the room with awe. Jin phone buzzed, “Ok everyone, they are going to be in 3 minutes. Suga light the candles, Namjoon go turn off the lights and Hoseok and Jimin, just stand there and try to look pretty.” Jin ordered. Jin, Suga, and Namjoon ran around, trying to get the finishing touches ready while Hoseok and Jimin just stood next to each other. Hoseok put an arm around Jimin’s shoulders. “Hyung,” Jimin asked, causing Hoseok to look at Jimin, “Will you now tell me what this party’s for, please?” Jimin asked with puppy eyes. Hoseok chuckled and ruffled the younger boy’s hair, “Oh yeah I forgot,” Hoseok said with a chuckle, “The party is for congratulating TaeHyung and Jeongkuk on becoming a couple.”